LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquees driving me nuts. Can’t get them to fill the screen.

Tackett1980

Hello,

I recently just got my screen for the marquee from eBay.  

I can’t seem for the life of me to get the marquee images to stretch to fit the screen.  I’ve looked through the marquee config file but honestly I’m not sure what I’m looking at.  Most of the setting already say stretch anyway.

the screen is 1280x390.

attached is how it looks now, I’ve also tried going through the settings on the screen also with no dice. 

I have no idea why this forum wants to attach picture sideways.

90454ED1-1DD4-45E0-BEFE-FCB24CE0AF3E.jpeg

9 hours ago, Tackett1980 said:

Hello,

I recently just got my screen for the marquee from eBay.  

I can’t seem for the life of me to get the marquee images to stretch to fit the screen.  I’ve looked through the marquee config file but honestly I’m not sure what I’m looking at.  Most of the setting already say stretch anyway.

the screen is 1280x390.

attached is how it looks now, I’ve also tried going through the settings on the screen also with no dice. 

I have no idea why this forum wants to attach picture sideways.

In both GameMarqueeView.xaml and PlatformMargueeView.xaml edit the canvas width and height to match your screen. By default it is set to 1000x562.

You default xaml will look similar to the one below. Look for the highlighted section in the image below and change that.

d:DesignHeight="562" d:DesignWidth="1000"  Change to d:DesignHeight="390" d:DesignWidth="1280"

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.08.30 AM.png

1 hour ago, Tackett1980 said:

Thanks for the responses guys.  I’m trying right now to mount it so I figured I would revisit this when I get it up there.

The fix above should work. It has at least for the different marquee dimension lcd's I use. Keep in mind some images may still look off since the marquee images users have made do not seem to use a common canvas dimension.

On 3/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, Retro808 said:

The fix above should work. It has at least for the different marquee dimension lcd's I use. Keep in mind some images may still look off since the marquee images users have made do not seem to use a common canvas dimension.

ok I did as instructed a few posts back and no dice.  The look the same.

Anything else to try?

2 hours ago, Tackett1980 said:

Anything else to try?

If you open one of those image on that monitor does it display correctly?

Also is this the same machine you are trying to have work with your TV from your other post? 

25 minutes ago, Tackett1980 said:

Anything else to try?

Does Windows report the correct dimensions of your screen?

I have one of these that was listed as 1280x390 but windows sees it as 1280x720 which introduced issues. 

9 minutes ago, Tackett1980 said:

Ohhhhhhhhh

i edited the file in the default theme.  I’m a moron hold on.

Yeah you cannot edit the default theme. Also you cannot use that file I posted in the default theme. You have to use another theme or copy the default theme and name it something else. Than you can edit it.

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah you cannot edit the default theme. Also you cannot use that file I posted in the default theme. You have to use another theme or copy the default theme and name it something else. Than you can edit it.

Ok edited and it didn’t work still.  Trying your file now.

43 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If it makes the image look different post a pic. I want to see how it might have affected it.

I thought I replied to this already.

your file fixed the problem.

Arrgh with the freaking sideways photo.

also don’t judge my mount it’s a work in progress. Lol

3D3CB891-3101-4B9B-9AD8-4C68578A7806.thumb.jpeg.5cd3cfc453ab65127130f6fd3bf266c3.jpeg

Edited by Tackett1980

19 minutes ago, Tackett1980 said:

I thought I replied to this already.

your file fixed the problem.

Arrgh with the freaking sideways photo.

also don’t judge my mount it’s a work in progress. Lol

LOL. No worries. Glad it is sorted. I figured it would just be a fix of the code for the view.

Keep that xaml handy. Any new theme you use just drop it in there. Even if the theme does not have that file just place that on in there. A theme does not need the PlatformMargueView.xaml or the GameMarqueeView.xaml to display marquee images.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

LOL. No worries. Glad it is sorted. I figured it would just be a fix of the code for the view.

Keep that xaml handy. Any new theme you use just drop it in there. Even if the theme does not have that file just place that on in there. A theme does not need the PlatformMargueView.xaml or the GameMarqueeView.xaml to display marquee images.

Thanks for the help.

what exactly did you change in it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tackett1980 said:

Thanks for the help.

what exactly did you change in it?

Just changed the canvas and changed the image to Fill. We may need to change it to Uniform depending on how some marquee images look. So if some look really bad just open that file and look for the line of code showing Stretch="Fill" and change it to read Stretch="Uniform"

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, Retro808 said:

In both GameMarqueeView.xaml and PlatformMargueeView.xaml edit the canvas width and height to match your screen. By default it is set to 1000x562.

You default xaml will look similar to the one below. Look for the highlighted section in the image below and change that.

d:DesignHeight="562" d:DesignWidth="1000"  Change to d:DesignHeight="390" d:DesignWidth="1280"

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 7.08.30 AM.png

Hi Retro, was hoping there was some recent marquee support threads... so I'm finally getting around to getting marquees on my cab, I changed values on in the xaml but still same results. (1920 x 540). Win10's recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080.  I did notice my Xaml file looks different, could you share xaml or anyone as the file link takkett posted isn't working. Not sure what I am doing wrong... I really should confirm my stretched LCD resolution as there are quite a few different sizes. The one I'm using I imported from China couple years back.

IMG-0823.jpg

Image1.png

Edited by drewjbx