LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquees driving me nuts. Can’t get them to fill the screen.

Tackett1980

9 hours ago, drewjbx said:

Hi Retro, was hoping there was some recent marquee support threads... so I'm finally getting around to getting marquees on my cab, I changed values on in the xaml but still same results. (1920 x 540). Win10's recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080.  I did notice my Xaml file looks different, could you share xaml or anyone as the file link takkett posted isn't working. Not sure what I am doing wrong... I really should confirm my stretched LCD resolution as there are quite a few different sizes. The one I'm using I imported from China couple years back.

Try this version and see how it looks. Yeah those lcd's are pretty much just a chopped 1080 screen. I have a couple so you would need to modiy the code as well. Your code looks different as the one I posted is my own custom theme.

So try this one and share a pic of how it looks if it is not right so I can see how we need to adjust.

7 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Try this version and see how it looks. Yeah those lcd's are pretty much just a chopped 1080 screen. I have a couple so you would need to modiy the code as well. Your code looks different as the one I posted is my own custom theme.

So try this one and share a pic of how it looks if it is not right so I can see how we need to adjust.

Ok getting closer, as you can see in the pics the bottom is slightly cut off. Then also the SF Alpha marque isn't filled in horizontally like the SF CE one. 

IMG-0829.jpg

IMG-0830.jpg

@drewjbx Do me a favor and will you right click and edit that xaml I gave you. Look for a line that say Stretch="Uniform" and change it so it state Stretch="Fill" and show me those same 2 marquees.

We will also need to adjust the layout but I want to see this first. Unfortunately since marquee images are not made to the same dimensions some compensation will have to be made.

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@drewjbx Do me a favor and will you right click and edit that xaml I gave you. Look for a line that say Stretch="Uniform" and change it so it state Stretch="Fill" and show me those same 2 marquees.

We will also need to adjust the layout but I want to see this first. Unfortunately since marquee images are not made to the same dimensions some compensation will have to be made.

Changed to 'Fill'... no changes. For the SF Alpha I simply resized the image to same size as SF CE. As you know the MAME marquess out there are all kinds of different sizes and resolutions so that will take some time to sort out but hoping LB can get by for now with marquee image display. 

IMG-0831.jpg

IMG-0832.jpg

28 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

Changed to 'Fill'... no changes. For the SF Alpha I simply resized the image to same size as SF CE. As you know the MAME marquess out there are all kinds of different sizes and resolutions so that will take some time to sort out but hoping LB can get by for now with marquee image display.

I was hoping to see the affect with you keeping the original size of the AF Alpha image. I know what the affect does per the code, but I needed to see how it looked on your screen so I could then know how to properly realign the canvas to get the bottom of the images to fit in the viewable area.

Can you try this one.

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

I was hoping to see the affect with you keeping the original size of the AF Alpha image. I know what the affect does per the code, but I needed to see how it looked on your screen so I could then know how to properly realign the canvas to get the bottom of the images to fit in the viewable area.

Ok I placed the original SF Alpha image back.... the "fill' tag actually does fill in the sides as pic shows below.

IMG-0833.jpg

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you try the version I posted in my last response. That screen is a little different than mine it is actually not splitting the 1080 in half equally so it is not really showing at 540.

YES!! Thanks for the help... I wouldn't of been able to figure this out. Will keep testing different size images and see how it looks but so far so good! Next up.... LED blinky!

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0835.jpg

14 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you try the version I posted in my last response. That screen is a little different than mine it is actually not splitting the 1080 in half equally so it is not really showing at 540.

Quick question... for PlatformMarqueeView.xaml, I assume its the same exact code?

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Yes. Just open the Platform one and make the adjustments I did in the Game one. 

yup works great... so what do you do for missing marquees in MAME, is there a way to have a default placeholder marquee image, in this case the platform marquee image MAME like in this example pic below. MAME.thumb.png.bc29ea0bb42540a54be6ef0989f03850.png

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@drewjbx It would need to be coded to do that. I think I have one I made I used to use. Will check when I at back at the house. 

cool, another scenario would be platforms that don't have any marquees for each game. Lets say OpenBor (I know a set has been done recently though)… in the gamelist it would make sense just to have a permanent marquee display of the platform you are viewing. 

Also I know we talked about this awhile ago... being able to display the clear logo of the game on top of the default platform marquee image but I don't think that ever got implemented. (Hypermarquee/EDS does this... MUGEN below as example). With that being said I would settle for a default platform image.default.thumb.png.bf9d0c9316bbef3e9720e248f258c121.png1default.thumb.png.eb675bf23e2bf48b1cfcf928eb487b4c.png

defddault.png

Edited by drewjbx

7 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

cool, another scenario would be platforms that don't have any marquees for each game. Lets say OpenBor (I know a set has been done recently though)… in the gamelist it would make sense just to have a permanent marquee display of the platform you are viewing. 

Also I know we talked about this awhile ago... being able to display the clear logo of the game on top of the default platform marquee image but I don't think that ever got implemented. (Hypermarquee/EDS does this... MUGEN below as example). With that being said I would settle for a default platform image.default.thumb.png.bf9d0c9316bbef3e9720e248f258c121.png1default.thumb.png.eb675bf23e2bf48b1cfcf928eb487b4c.png

defddault.png

This is actually what I use in a couple themes for marquees now. Some theme’s I use actual marquee images. In others I have a static background per platform and the clear logo switches per game.  

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

This is actually what I use in a couple themes for marquees now. Some theme’s I use actual marquee images. In others I have a static background per platform and the clear logo switches per game.  

Nice so you figured it out.. whenever you have time if you could share the code/steps to do this that would be great!

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

That would be great to see, using the platform background in a game marquee. 

18 hours ago, drewjbx said:

Hi Retro, was hoping there was some recent marquee support threads... so I'm finally getting around to getting marquees on my cab, I changed values on in the xaml but still same results. (1920 x 540). Win10's recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080.  I did notice my Xaml file looks different, could you share xaml or anyone as the file link takkett posted isn't working. Not sure what I am doing wrong... I really should confirm my stretched LCD resolution as there are quite a few different sizes. The one I'm using I imported from China couple years back.

IMG-0823.jpg

Image1.png

Straight back up here.  Can I get some glamour shots and information on the cabinet here?  It looks super juicy. 

3 hours ago, Tackett1980 said:

Straight back up here.  Can I get some glamour shots and information on the cabinet here?  It looks super juicy. 

I actually built this a couple years ago.. got the design from chanceKJ's Flynn cabinet from arcadecontrols forum. I was running Hyperspin with HyperMarquee and LED Blinky but have fully switched to BB. Will be reskinning the cabinet soon with a new graphics theme. Using eclipse style RGB buttons from paradise arcades, also has cabinet RGB's in back, under CP, and at the bottom of the cab all controlled by a PacLED64. Obviously it runs a PC... but also a RaspberryPi with a USB hub switch to be able to use the same 4 player controls for each system. Has 2 Aimtracks with recoil and a Xbox360 controller receiver and Dolphin bar for all the console games that play better with a gamepad/wii-mote.  Something about personal arcades, seems I spend more time adding and tweaking than actually playing!

IMG_9181.png

IMG_8553.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

Edited by drewjbx