LaunchBox Community Forums

Black Screen when launching Cemu games.

kemakokos

Hi everyone. I will try to explain my problem...

When launching a cemu game with no starup screen enabled the game just starts fine.

But if startup screen is enabled, the game launches, but i can only hear the sound in the background and a black screen is all i see. The game is running because i can hear it, but for some reason it doesn´t show on screen, its like running behind some black screen.

Does anybody knows how to fix this? Thank you.

14 minutes ago, kemakokos said:

Hi everyone. I will try to explain my problem...

When launching a cemu game with no starup screen enabled the game just starts fine.

But if startup screen is enabled, the game launches, but i can only hear the sound in the background and a black screen is all i see. The game is running because i can hear it, but for some reason it doesn´t show on screen, its like running behind some black screen.

Does anybody knows how to fix this? Thank you.

Cemu should work with startup on. Running ok with my setup.

What version Cemu are you using? Are you on Win10?

Try checking either (or both) the "Aggressive Startup Window Hiding" or "Hide All Windows..." options.

10 minutes ago, kemakokos said:

Im on Cemu 1.17.4 running on Win10.

I tried Aggressive Startup Window Hiding and Hide All Windows, both selected and one at a time, but no luck, i will try again, maybe im missing something

OK. I haven't bothered with Cemu in quite a while so updated to 1.17.4 and still works fine with the 3 games I tested. Here are the settings I have. Admittedly I have not tweaked any graphic settings in Cemu in quite a while as well so maybe it could be a setting directly in Cemu causing the focus loss.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.07.39 PM.png

• 10 months later...

Hey guys. I dont have this problem but you could try the following...

In LB, go to tools, Manage Emulators.

Select Cemu and open the "Running AutoHotkey Script" tab.

Copy and paste the following into the running ahk script tab

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

loop 20
{
	Sleep 500

if WinExist("Cemu")
	{
		Sleep 1000
		WinActivate
		break
	}
}

If you already have some code in the running ahk script tab,  place this^ code at the top above anything else. 

Just to explain a little what is going on with this code.

"Loop 20"... the code within the squirrely brackets will loop 20 times.

"Sleep 500"... wait half a second between each loop.... these 2 commands combined is essentially a timeout of 10 seconds. 

"if WinExist"... If a windows titlebar contains the word "Cemu" then "WinActivate", bring that window to the front.

Edited by jayjay

On 2/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, jayjay said:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

loop 20
{
	Sleep 500

if WinExist("Cemu")
	{
		Sleep 1000
		WinActivate
		break
	}
}

If you already have some code in the running ahk script tab,  place this^ code at the top above anything else. 

"Sleep 500"... wait half a second between each loop.... these 2 commands combined is essentially a timeout of 10 seconds. 

"if WinExist"... If a windows titlebar contains the word "Cemu" then "WinActivate", bring that window to the front.

ok I tried it and it worked ty!

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, jayjay said:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

loop 20
{
	Sleep 500

if WinExist("Cemu")
	{
		Sleep 1000
		WinActivate
		break
	}
}

Whats lb ?

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, jayjay said:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

loop 20
{
	Sleep 500

if WinExist("Cemu")
	{
		Sleep 1000
		WinActivate
		break
	}
}

@jayjay I have the black screen intermittent issue with the startup video. Is there any way of applying this script to the startup process?

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem. I've tried the latest stable version of Cemu and the latest experimental version as well. Both launch through LB/BB, but I end up on a black screen with audio. If I open my task manager, Cemu shows up as a window. Cemu has no issues launching games on it's own, but when trying to get it to work through LB/BB, I get the black screen bug. All settings in LB are at default for Cemu. Half of the games I have don't give me a black screen. Cemu seems to lose focus on launch. There's gotta be a AHK script that solves this. I am using two screens with my primary disabled and using my secondary screen. All my other emulators(including standalone) don't have issue with this at all. Just half of the Cemu games. Would love to hear any feedback at all. Thanks in advance!

Edit- Figured it out thanks to fellow user Skizzosjt. For default command line parameters, you'll only want -g. As for the running script section, here is what I have...

Sleep, 8000
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {LButton}
 Send !{Enter}
 Return 
Esc::
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

That's it. Hope this helps anyone who comes across this issue down the road. Thank you Skizzosjt for all your help!

Edited by BrainyCabde
  • Game On 1