LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch no more launching from Launchbox

Elhora

Hello everyone.

Noob question here. I have the latest Retroarch MAME Core (0.219 - with the same version of Romset) and when i launch a game from Retroarch it perfectly works. But when i use Launchbox as the main launcher, the game doest starts. The game also starts perfectly if i use the regular "MAME" as standalone emulator in Launchbox, so i think the problem really come with "Launchbox+Retroarch Mame core" combination.

In my Emulator seetings , i have set Retroarch with the "mame.libretro" core set as my default for the Arcade plateform. But when i launch a game, i have the starting screen then it shuts down immediately.

Am i missing some step ?

Edited by Elhora

2 minutes ago, Elhora said:

Hello everyone.

Noob question here. I have the latest Retroarch MARE Core (0.219 - with the same version of Romset) and when i launch a game from Retroarch it perfectly works. But when i use Launchbox as the main launcher, the game doest starts. The game also starts if i use "MAME" as standalone emulator in Launchbox, so i think the problem really come with "Launchbox+Retroarch Mame core" combination.

In my Emulator seetings , i have set Retroarch with the "mame.libretro" core set as my default for the Arcade plateform. But when i launch a game, i have the starting screen then it shuts down immediately.

Am i missing some step ?

The MAME retroarch core works just fine from Launchbox. My suspicion is a typo, or you named it differently in Launchbox and the associated platform tab.

48 minutes ago, Elhora said:

i didn't touch anything in Retroarch.

when i go in the core option, it just says "no option" and in launchbox, in the Retroarch Emulator settings,  it's not ticked

Can you share a pic of your set up. Similar to the one Neil shared.

Go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit Retroarch. Share a pic of the Details tab and the Associated Platforms tab.

48 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you share a pic of your set up. Similar to the one Neil shared.

Go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit Retroarch. Share a pic of the Details tab and the Associated Platforms tab.

i tried to reset my configuration, but the problem remains. 

here are the screenshot (i've tried with the same ticked box as i have for Mame setup, but no change)

When i launch the game via Launchbox, Retroarch crashes/ends right after the loading screen (last screenshot where either the game stays stuck or doesn't even appear and goes back to the game over screen in Launchbox) while launching the game with Mame via launchbox, or directly from Retroarch is no problem.

Launchbox-000.png

Launchbox-00.pngLaunchbox-001.thumb.png.339c06ab5f146e73e49a4cf33b422942.png

Launchbox-01.png

Launchbox-02.png

Edited by Elhora

This afternoon i posted a topic about Retroarch MAME couldn't be launched from Launchbox.

But after investigation, i realised that in fact, it's all the plateform using Retroarch that can't be launched from Launchbox (the standalone emulators launch normally). Of course, launching those platform directly from Retroarch works fine.

Knowing that i didn't modify my configuration or added plateform for few days, the only thing that changed on my side is the Launchbox version -it's the latest beta. Do anyone have that problem too ?

46 minutes ago, Elhora said:

This afternoon i posted a topic about Retroarch MAME couldn't be launched from Launchbox.

But after investigation, i realised that in fact, it's all the plateform using Retroarch that can't be launched from Launchbox (the standalone emulators launch normally). Of course, launching those platform directly from Retroarch works fine.

Knowing that i didn't modify my configuration or added plateform for few days, the only thing that changed on my side is the Launchbox version -it's the latest beta. Do anyone have that problem too ?

I am combining threads. Since it is related to the same issue there is no need for a second thread.

In your pics you have two images of the edit emulator "Details" tab and they differ by the boxes that are checked. Which pic is correct?

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

They should be unchecked.
The games still play if directly launched in Retroarch correct?

Have your tried to revert to the last version you used and see if it works again?

how can i do that ? i just have data backup, not a "version reverse" menu ?

Everything works fine in Retroarch. All installed cores and games (consoles, computers and MAME cores) are launching perfectly from Retroarch and were launching perfectly from Launchbox  till the last 2 or 3 beta versions. 

I've unchecked the boxes. When i do that, Retroarch launches for all cores except mame wheere it freezes/Crash ("no response" message from retroarch)  at Retroarch starts (last screenshot).

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

Remove the command line parameters it definitely is breaking things. Another thing that could be breaking things as well is I notice you are French, check that your rom and emulator paths do not contain any accented characters, this will break things as well.

I removed command lines, nothing improved :( I don't have any accented characters and everything was working fine till few  beta versions.

Edited by Elhora