LaunchBox Community Forums

AllNightLong Theme

thimolor

21 hours ago, thimolor said:

I would be grateful if more would test this theme. 3 more people could get it now. I'am considering releasing this the next weekend, but before that I need to be sure that it's working for all because I don't have the time to give support after the release.

Count me in too!

• thimolor changed the title to AllNightLong Theme

Made one more wheel to the theme. And the Game Details view has changed once again. The fullscreen videos are too heavy (for my i5 at least) so I decided to optimize a little. The box art will slide off-canvas and the video appears after that. I have uploaded the theme now for approval.

Big Box Screenshot - AllNightLong - HorizontalWheel2GamesView - 2020-05-19 09.19.17.jpg

Big Box Screenshot - AllNightLong - TextGamesView - 2020-05-18 21.29.44.jpg

:) sorry. I knew that it's a risk choosing a color scheme for the theme. You can always change the background images to your likings: AllNightLong\Media\Custom Assets 

I realized that I have left few unused backgrounds there and then it hit me. I could do few color variations in the custom assets folder. I will just rename the files better. So everyone can change the background color to their liking.

So if you can't stand blue color you can change the background yourself. Made few alternatives. The views use the same background.

48033953_BigBoxScreenshot-AllNightLong-TextGamesView-2020-05-1917_21_54.thumb.jpg.26119934659e4bdfd420fbca12422858.jpg

Edited by thimolor
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for taking time to make changes. It looks much better already I think. :) But actually, what I really liked in your first version was the transparency and blur effect we can see in the first post in the 2 Alisia Dragoon pictures. That is what got me hooked by your theme !

Edited by Tromzy

24 minutes ago, Tromzy said:

Thank you very much for taking time to make changes. It looks much better already I think. :) But actually, what I really liked in your first version was the transparency and blur effect we can see in the first post in the 2 Alisia Dragoon pictures. That is what got me hooked by your theme !

? ... you shall have your screenshot background. I will make it today and then i'am going to take a break.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crylen said:

Wow I love this theme! 

thimolor - Any chance you'd be willing to share your template for the banners? Would love to fill out some of the missing blanks from my collection

Yes of course! Give me few days. I will clean the template file and add it to the download section. It should include the logos, devices and the effects.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:15 AM, thimolor said:

Yes of course! Give me few days. I will clean the template file and add it to the download section. It should include the logos, devices and the effects.

Thanks so much for posting it! 

I started going through and making a bunch for my missing systems. Some are of varying quality. Finding HQ images for some of these consoles can be difficult but I think they turned out mostly ok?

Hopefully I'll be able to post a complete pack (for my setup) in a few days. Are you ok if I post it? You can add them to the theme if you like too! I'll attach a few samples but I think the forum tends to compress things down a bit so they might look a lil blurry

Bandai WonderSwan Color.jpg

Bandai WonderSwan.jpg

APF Imagination Machine.jpg

Atari ST.jpg

Atari XEGS.jpg

Bally Astrocade.jpg

Edited by Crylen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thimolor said:

Nice work @Crylen! I'am more than ok with these. Can I add these to the main theme? You will be credited of course. I'am doing little tweaks to the theme and going to publish them maybe next week.

For sure! I'll keep plugging away at these over the next week or so and post a big package when they're done.
I should mention I don't have any plans to do fanart in the same style. The console images just aren't high res enough to be worth converting to 4k for fanart and I'm not planning on using that view anyway. 

Here's the ones I'm planning on making (in addition to the few posted above) as of this writing to fill out my collection. 

Camputers Lynx
Casio Loopy
Casio PV-1000
ColecoVision
Commodore VIC-20
Creatronic Mega Duck
Daphne
Duke Nukem 3D
Entex Adventure Vision
Epoch Game Pocket Computer
Epoch Super Cassette Vision
Funtech Super Acan
Game & Watch
Hartung Game Master
HBMAME
Magnavox Odyssey 2
MAME
Microsoft MSX2
Microsoft Windows 3.x
NEC PC Engine-CD
NEC PC-FX
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC TurboGrafx-CD
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64DD
Nintendo Famicom Disk System
Nintendo Pokemon Mini
Nintendo Satellaview
Nintendo Stellaview
Nintendo Sufami Turbo
Nintendo Super Famicom
Nintendo Super Game Boy
Nintendo WiiWare
OpenBOR
Philips VG 5000
RCA Studio II
Sammy Atomiswave
Sega Mark III
Sega Mega-CD
Sega Naomi
Sega SC-3000
Sharp X68000
Sinclair ZX Spectrum
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo Pocket
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
Sony Playstation Minis
Tiger Game.com
VTech CreatiVision
Watara Supervision

3D NES
Nintendo 64 Hacks
Nintendo Entertainment System Hacks
Nintendo Game Boy Advance Hacks
Nintendo Game Boy Color Hacks
Nintendo Game Boy Hacks
Sega Game Gear Hacks
Sega Genesis Hacks
Sega Master System Hacks
Super Nintendo Entertainment System Hacks
Super Nintendo MSU-1
Sega 32X Hacks

Edited by Crylen
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, thimolor said:

WOW! Didn't know there are so many. Take your time. No need to hurry :)

See attached zip for all the extra banners I created!

AllNightLong Banners.zip

I'm still missing a bunch of Arcade systems but I'm going to take a little break for a few days. I'll get them officially posted on Launchbox at some point too but hopefully someone else can make use of them until the

Includes 112 banners. Some of the them are the originals that came with the theme, others are completely new. I ended up re-creating a few of them to match the new ones (IE I remade N64 to match the N64DD logo, or some of the NEC systems)

@Theboombringer There's also a PS3 banner in there too. 

• Thanks 2