LaunchBox Community Forums

what happen to mame high scores??

defleppxr6

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

They're still there. Are you using an official version of MAME?

It was working fine before the update like an hour ago when i left a game asked me to update, after the update it was gone

im using mame ui64  0.196   

was working fine before update

Edit.. after i updated lunchbox !

Edited by defleppxr6

1 minute ago, coreyhustle said:

Also, I know I have changed dip switches in a few games well before the high score thing. How do I know what the default should be so that I can continue to post high scores?

i think you just delete your cfg files with in mame ( the files in cfg folder)

should reset them.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, MAMEUI64 no longer works with 10.14. Our apologies, but the changes were important to prevent some types of cheating. You'll need an official version of MAME or MAME no-nag instead.

oh what a bummer..

but understandable where do i get official version of mame?

4 minutes ago, Dulstone said:

Does not work with mamearcade64.exe (the no nag, no MESS official version) - I'm running version 0.199 ? (I don't see high score tables either)

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, MAMEUI64 no longer works with 10.14. Our apologies, but the changes were important to prevent some types of cheating. You'll need an official version of MAME or MAME no-nag instead.

13 hours ago, defleppxr6 said:

What happen to the high scores in mame ?

after 10.14 update i no longer see any high scores or even see the high score badge?

Have they been removed?

My highscores for Bombjack and Galaga are gone after latest Launchbox update !!

Edited by cataclysm67

For those having issues with non-standard MAME. What I do is use the MAME I prefer to do my configuration and whatever else I want, but I have LaunchBox pointed at a standard version of MAME in the same folder. Both use the same folders. I haven't encountered any issues yet. Just an idea for those who want to have their cake and eat it too. :-)