LaunchBox Community Forums

Mass delete files based on DAT/XML file?

mcfilmmakers

I'm looking for a way to delete hundreds of roms imported into launchbox accidentally via Mame Arcade Full set importer... I thought my folder was clean but turns out it was still full of hundreds of device zips that got imported and obviously, I don't want them there...

I have a DAT and an XML file of the list of files I want to delete (from http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/) so now I need a way to run through the Launchbox setup and delete the "games" from the MAME platform in launchbox... any ideas?

PS. Arcade Full set importer should have an option to ignore devices and bios files... you can skip many other categories of actual game types but not these....

Be easier just to delete all of them from Launchbox then reimport them once you remove the files you don't want. When doing so don't check any media to download when importing though because deleting the game won't remove the media and you will grab it twice.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

There is, use the MAME Fullset importer, it only imports working games.

That's what I did. However, there's a difference between a working game, a non-working game, and not a game at all.

Many people want to import non-working games and hide them while other don't want to import things that aren't games at all. Launchbox doesn't allow you to do that. The systems/device and system/bios genres are the filters required to do so.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

12 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

PS. Arcade Full set importer should have an option to ignore devices and bios files... you can skip many other categories of actual game types but not these....

The mame full set importer does not import device and bios files.  If you leave the default importer check box items ticked when you run it then LB should import around 2800 titles. None of which are bios or device files.

21 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

The mame full set importer does not import device and bios files.  If you leave the default importer check box items ticked when you run it then LB should import around 2800 titles. None of which are bios or device files.

I unticked everything because I want to import everything EXCEPT the System/Devices and System/Bios files. Again, my point is Launchbox won't let you do that and it should.

15 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

I unticked everything because I want to import everything EXCEPT the System/Devices and System/Bios files. Again, my point is Launchbox won't let you do that and it should.

Well no users have actually requested that be an option so likely something niche enough it will be a while before it becomes an option. Recommend submitting a feature request on our bitbucket so users can vote for it.