LaunchBox Community Forums

Donkey Kong Pauline Edition Theme

Thanks. Grabbed it from the FTP. Had to change the name but all good. Actually I have a question about how LB uses names. HS would use the rom name for videos and themes but here it uses the full name. Is there s way to have LB use the rom names for videos and themes. Sorry little off topic. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Thanks. Grabbed it from the FTP. Had to change the name but all good. Actually I have a question about how LB uses names. HS would use the rom name for videos and themes but here it uses the full name. Is there s way to have LB use the rom names for videos and themes. Sorry little off topic. 

Thanks 

Launchbox will use either the rom name or the name given in Launchbox for media.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox will use either the rom name or the name given in Launchbox for media.

Every time I try LB downloads the video themes and artwork using the full name. How do I make it using the MAME rom names? I just want to transfer my media from HS to here without having to d/l everything again. When I try placing my existing media in LB it does not recognize the rom name. 

Edited by Joe35car

If you download media from within LaunchBox it will always be named after the game title. For your existing HS media you should check this thread:

As you can prioritze the region of your parent ROMs in the LaunchBox MAME importer you could probably have different parents inside LaunchBox compared to what you have in your HS database. You should double check if a game which you are missing artwork for really has the same ROM name as your media.

Edit: Also check your image priorities in your LaunchBox settings if the folders are activated in which you have copied your HS stuff.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but when I try and just add my video snapshots for MAME from HS which the videos are named after the rom LB doesn't recognize them. When I try and download media from LB and use only from Emumovies DB only it still downloads the videos with the name of the game and not the rom. I want LB to only use MAME roms names not the game title.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Thanks for the reply everyone. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but when I try and just add my video snapshots for MAME from HS which the videos are named after the rom LB doesn't recognize them. When I try and download media from LB and use only from Emumovies DB only it still downloads the videos with the name of the game and not the rom. I want LB to only use MAME roms names not the game title.

Thanks

You can also download the videos from emumovies through FTP, these have the Mame rom names which you can put in the launchbox video folder for arcade.

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

You can also download the videos from emumovies through FTP, these have the Mame rom names which you can put in the launchbox video folder for arcade.

Well it finally worked. Been doing what you mentioned before but wasn't working. Now I have my MAME video snaps and MAME video themes working named after the rom.

Thanks

• Like 1