LaunchBox Community Forums

Did something happen with the Database today? It's SUPER FAST now & Change Status history is empty.

Z3R0B4NG

I notice the moderation window now works WAY faster all of a sudden, i almost want to say it's never been this fast... if it stays this way i can moderate like 3 to 4 times faster, most of it was just waiting for the site to move to the next item, now its like click BAM click BAM... wow. PLEASE let it stay this way :D  

I also noticed that my Change Status, which was several hundred pages by now (Total Submitted Changes 14943) was almost completely wiped, i'm down to 1 page, my stats are still there, just all the old approved changes have been wiped clean, i just want to make sure this is intentional and not some random fluke.  

...i wonder if the speed increase is directly related to that old data being thrown out, in that case, you need to clean it up more regularly :D  

Yes, the massive multi-year-long list of changes was archived yesterday, as has been done in the past. We didn't lose any changes, just cleaned up the backlog of accepted and rejected changes. The "Changes Status" page should be the only page on the site that is affected, and as a result, we get much faster moderation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, the massive multi-year-long list of changes was archived yesterday, as has been done in the past. We didn't lose any changes, just cleaned up the backlog of accepted and rejected changes. The "Changes Status" page should be the only page on the site that is affected, and as a result, we get much faster moderation.

Awesome! Do that on a more regular schedule please, i don't remember it ever being this fast and i'm using it obsessively for at least 2 years now, the usability difference is bonkers.

18 hours ago, viritys said:
Total Pending Changes 42

I haven't been here in few weeks; was there a massive moderation backlog or are these now doomed to be pending forever? :)

To be honest, I think that's a glitch. I checked to make sure that no pending items were left before I archived them. I'll have to look into why that's not updating.

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

To be honest, I think that's a glitch. I checked to make sure that no pending items were left before I archived them. I'll have to look into why that's not updating.

Great, thanks. Doesn't really matter that the count is wrong as long as it doesn't signal an impending doom for the database :)

Edited by viritys
  • Like 1