LaunchBox Community Forums

Night at the Arcade - [Theme Stream]

faeran

Night at the Arcade - [Theme Stream]

View File

This theme only works on version 10.15 and above due to its reliance on some new bindings!

Night at the Arcade was built during a Theme Stream broadcast. If you are interested in creating themes, follow me on Twitch, or watch the videos later on YouTube.

A Catalog of past Theme Streams can be found on the forums here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/54760-retro-faerans-theme-stream-big-box-theme-creation/

Night at the Arcade

I create a brand new theme called Night at the Arcade. This is my take on the 80s arcade experience.

gameview.thumb.PNG.f4c632fc45f94d5fcc80e48a2c1c5036.PNG

Watch this theme being built:

Instructions

• Night at the Arcade - Theme.zip - BigBox theme. Place extracted folder in your LAUNCHBOX\Themes folder
  • Night at the Arcade - COMMUNITY Project files.zip - Creator Project files. Place extracted folder in your COMMUNITY\My Theme Projects folder

Credits
COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru. Find it here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/
My Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/retrofaeran
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2C5q0Muy-ehYpZUIIdJ94Q

• Like 1

Hi Faeran, I tried out this theme but for some reason the costum images don't show up at all with this one. Even after clearing my image caches.

The same system of costum images works fine with your Retrotastic theme so I don't know why this one's not working.

Here is what NatA theme looks like when I try it on my Bigbox setup:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8d74eef2fb504fbd0422c78fa98cab5c.png

First, you will want to make sure you are on the latest beta release.

Then, I also recommend creating your own custom images. I probably don't have the exact same games in my library that you do. The project files that you can download should have everything you need to do so. Follow this video if you don't know how:

Move the created files:

From: COMMUNITY Theme Creator\My Project Files\Night at the Arcade\Custom Images\Custom Images 1\Games\Arcade

To: LUANCHBOX\Themes\Night at the Arcade\Images\Games\Custom Images 1\Arcade

48 minutes ago, faeran said:

First, you will want to make sure you are on the latest beta release.

Then, I also recommend creating your own custom images. I probably don't have the exact same games in my library that you do. The project files that you can download should have everything you need to do so. Follow this video if you don't know how:

Move the created files:

From: COMMUNITY Theme Creator\My Project Files\Night at the Arcade\Custom Images\Custom Images 1\Games\Arcade

To: LUANCHBOX\Themes\Night at the Arcade\Images\Games\Custom Images 1\Arcade

Got it, nice and easy, cheers for that.

Tried it, still doesn't work, and I am on patch 10.15 beta 8. Even with my selfrendered artwork it doesn't show up. Maybe I need to change something in the Bigbox settings for them to show up? or is the path to the image not implemented correctly?

Thing is, it works fine in the Community Theme Creator, just not in Bigbox.