LaunchBox Community Forums

Accessing Manage Platforms creates folder for the platform even if its not the 'Game' location

wallmachine

Since you never changed the game folder path to the new location (under manage platforms it is still showing \Games\Super Nintendo Entertainment System location) for the platform setting, every time you delete that folder and then access the platform manage screen LB will detect the folder is missing and recreate it. You have to change to folder path in manage platforms if you want it to not create the folder.

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Since you never changed the game folder path to the new location (under manage platforms it is still showing \Games\Super Nintendo Entertainment System location) for the platform setting, every time you delete that folder and then access the platform manage screen LB will detect the folder is missing and recreate it. You have to change to folder path in manage platforms if you want it to not create the folder.

So when I import games even though I select 'Use the files in their current location' I still need to manually update the Platforms Game location after the fact? Why do you need to set the location twice? Shouldn't the import process predefine the location?

Its working as intended now should it use your actual folder path instead of the default path in the games folder. I would say it wouldn't be a terrible idea if it did but at the same time 0kb folder isn't a big deal either so if it was recoded  to act smarter that wouldn't be a bad thing but at the same time if it never gets changed its also not a big deal.

This behavior is intentional for multiple reasons. First is because in code we ask the program for that folder during several processes and need to know both 1) is it there and 2) can we add it. If we don't see it, and also can't create it there could be some IO permission errors occurring and we need to stop what we are doing until corrected. Another reason we do it is for new users. Having the folder available makes adding things to the appropriate folder much easier because a user doesn't have to create the folder and make sure it is named right, it is already there and they can simply drag files to it.