LaunchBox Community Forums

LEDBlinky and ServoStik

vaderag

Okay, so this is a really stupid question...

I have LEDBlinky and ServoStik set up in my Launchbox, but I've completely forgotten how I did it as I did it so long ago.

Everything works as I'd expect, but I just came across a game that needs the ServoSick to be in 4 way rather than 8 way... were do I set this in Launchbox? I've just been looking around and can't find it anywhere!

Thanks

That’s all set in LEDBlinkyControls.

If there is no entry for the system/game you are missing, you’ll have to add one. Than add a control: 42 way, 4 way or 8 way, and make sure you click the option that it is a primary control.

If you have servostick option enabled in LEDBlinkyConfig, you’re all set.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vaderag said:

I just came across a game that needs the ServoSick to be in 4 way rather than 8 way... were do I set this in Launchbox?

You have a various options.

1. You already have LEDBlinky, see this post
2. RocketLauncher
3. Batch files for 4way and 8way
4. See this thread for various options
5. LEDBlinky documentation

Enable JDR Mode

Joystick Digital Restriction (JDR) allows digital joysticks such as an Ultimarc UltraStik 360 or a 49-Way controlled via the Groovy Game Gear GP-Wiz49 Max/Eco to be configured as is appropriate for the active game (2-way, 4-way, 8-way, etc.). An Ultimarc ServoStik’s restrictor plate can also be switched between 4-way and 8-way. When a game is started, the JDR mode is set based on the game’s primary control. When the front-end is active, the JDR mode is set to 4-way by default.

ServoStik (4/8)

Check this box to enable automatic 4-way/8-way switching for any/all ServoStik joysticks. Do not enable this feature if your control panel does not use any ServoStiks. The ServoStik restrictor plate will be rotated into 4-way mode for any game which uses a 4-way or 2-way joystick as its primary control. For all other games (or the front-end), the restrictor plate will be rotated into 8-way mode.

Edited by wallmachine

33 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Shouldn’t matter unless the LEDBlinky is thinking emu ended early. So in essence it’s going 8 way to 4 way and back to 8 way.

what game and system?

Name PacMan 25th

I've changed the settings in control editor, am I doing this in the right place?

Changed to 4way and set as primary

PHOTO_20200610_125014.jpg

Edited by vaderag

1 hour ago, Headrush69 said:

Make sure LB is running the same variant of that Mame rom as well. Ex: not 25pacmano

why do you have that 8 way control in common tab too?

8 way was there initially, I just added 4 way and set as primary

Testing with LEDBlinky Controls Editor it's working as expected. Launchbox / mame seems to change it...

Hmm... Looks like I might be using 25pacmano for some reason... It 20pacgal

Why would this be?

IMG-20200610-WA0002.jpg

Edited by vaderag

• 2 years later...

Reawakening my very old thread as I've been completely re-setting up my machine after a crash...

Now, I have a slightly different question - is there a way to make Launchbox / Big Box use an 8 way joystick as opposed to 4 way? Just want to avoid much unnecessary changing since most of my games are 8way

7 hours ago, vaderag said:

Reawakening my very old thread as I've been completely re-setting up my machine after a crash...

Now, I have a slightly different question - is there a way to make Launchbox / Big Box use an 8 way joystick as opposed to 4 way? Just want to avoid much unnecessary changing since most of my games are 8way

Yup. Click the FE button in LEDBlinkyControlsEditor and add 8-way joystick and set it as primary.

Edited by Headrush69

12 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Yup. Click the FE button in LEDBlinkyControlsEditor and add 8-way joystick and set it as primary.

You see, that's what I thought I should do...

But... my dropdown is empty in the FE setting so I can't... It's there everywhere else...

image.thumb.png.22dfee5ef619fcbda7d9c96aca58b9f8.png

If you temporarily rename LEDBlinkyControls.xml, restart LEDBlinky and than try again does the entry reappear in Controls Editor?

If you need to manually add it to your LEDBlinkyControls.xml, here is a copy of mine:

<frontEnd fename="LaunchBox">
    <controlGroup groupName="DEFAULT" defaultActive="48,48,48,48" defaultInactive="0,0,0,0" ledwizGlobalPulse="3">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="SEARCH" voice="Search" color="Blue"/>
        <control name="SWITCHVIEW" voice="Switch View" color="White"/>
        <control name="SELECT" voice="Select" color="Green"/>
        <control name="BACK" voice="Back" color="Red"/>
        <control name="PLAYGAME" voice="Play Game" color="Green"/>
        <control name="PAGEUP" voice="Page Up" color="Magenta"/>
        <control name="PAGEDOWN" voice="Page Down" color="Magenta"/>
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY8WAY" voice="" primaryControl="1" color="Red"/>
        <control name="NAVIGATELEFT" voice="Left" color="Red"/>
        <control name="NAVIGATERIGHT" voice="Right" color="Red"/>
        <control name="NAVIGATEUP" voice="Up" color="Red"/>
        <control name="NAVIGATEDOWN" voice="Down" color="Red"/>
      </player>
    </controlGroup>
  </frontEnd>

Edited by Headrush69
  • Thanks 1

Will check in a bit...

I'm away from the machine right now but I wonder if it might be due to some other setting - I'm actually using a static animation for my LB controls as opposed to what is listed there - wonder if that setting is overriding it or something

6 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

If you temporarily rename LEDBlinkyControls.xml, restart LEDBlinky and than try again does the entry reappear in Controls Editor?

If you need to manually add it to your LEDBlinkyControls.xml, here is a copy of mine:

Thanks - nicked the `<control name="CONTROL_JOY8WAY" voice="" primaryControl="1" color="Red"/>` from you and it worked - odd that I don't get the option to add anything there in the UI, but I'll survive!