LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3

darrenmarchand

Does anyone know how to center the screen on the PS2 emulator without messing up the controls? I tried a fresh install because I couldn't get the controls to work for Ocean Hunter and LA Machineguns. The game screen is way off to the right and it's set at 1920X1080, however, the wii mote gun works. When I change the resolution, the screen centers, but the controls stop working! I tried a couple different resolutions and got the same result. What's worse, when I set it back to 1920x1080, the damn wii mote gun won't respond!

This is driving me crazy. 

Edited by darrenmarchand

7 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

not sure what you mean. title says Sega Model 3 and the text mentions PS2 Emulator.

Sorry. I am talking about the Sega Model 3 emulator. I got confused because I'm having issues with the PS2 emu as well.

Anyway, it seems that whatever change I make in Supermodel, the controls stop responding. If I change the resolution I can center the screen, but controls stop responding. If I change back to 1920x1080, screen is off center AND the controls stop responding. Even if I change the directory for the Roms, the controls stop. I have to completely delete everything and reinstall and start from scratch for the controls to work again. It's so frustrating, I don't understand how one change can affect the controls. And the only way the controls respond is to leave the screen off center (I can see a little more than half)

I'm talking about the shooting games in particular btw. Using one wii mote and Dolphin bar.

Sounds like you're using the Supermodel UI.  The solution is to set-it-and-forget-it. :) And since you're using LaunchBox, you won't need the Supermodel ui.

Get things setup through the ui so that everything works.  Then don't ever run it again.  Now make a backup (or two) of "Supermodel.ini" for future just-in-case.  If you feel the need to change the resolution, edit the ini file with a text editor and search for 

XResolution = 1920
YResolution = 1080

and change the numbers to your liking.

If later you need to make changes to the controller settings, use the command line option (as is Strongly recommended by the SuperModel3 team).   [-config-inputs] 

The ui will make changes [to the ini] the instant you click something. No questions asked.  Though I don't know why simply changing the resolution would screw the controllers up.  Anyway, ditch the ui and let LaunchBox 'be your guide'.

3 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Sounds like you're using the Supermodel UI.  The solution is to set-it-and-forget-it. :) And since you're using LaunchBox, you won't need the Supermodel ui.

Get things setup through the ui so that everything works.  Then don't ever run it again.  Now make a backup (or two) of "Supermodel.ini" for future just-in-case.  If you feel the need to change the resolution, edit the ini file with a text editor and search for 

XResolution = 1920
YResolution = 1080

and change the numbers to your liking.

If later you need to make changes to the controller settings, use the command line option (as is Strongly recommended by the SuperModel3 team).   [-config-inputs] 

The ui will make changes [to the ini] the instant you click something. No questions asked.  Though I don't know why simply changing the resolution would screw the controllers up.  Anyway, ditch the ui and let LaunchBox 'be your guide'.

OK. So I was playing around with another copy of Supermodel and I abandoned that idea. I went back to what I had setup in Launchbox in the first place. The original problem is still there (which is why I was trying another copy of Supermodel). I changed it to 800x600. The gun only moves from left to right in the bottom portion of the screen only. The fire button works. As I said, this is what was originally happening causing me to try another copy. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I tried another shooter (The Lost World) and the gun works fine.

I use mode 4 so may not be much help to you but willing to try. 

I do have player 1 set up to use emulated mouse on my system so in theory should be same as you using mode 2.

Can you upload a copy of your Supermodel ini file and I will compare it to mine.

Ocean Hunter doesn't require in game, had a quick check as I happened to be at home so thought worth looking. 

5 hours ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

I use mode 4 so may not be much help to you but willing to try. 

I do have player 1 set up to use emulated mouse on my system so in theory should be same as you using mode 2.

Can you upload a copy of your Supermodel ini file and I will compare it to mine.

Ocean Hunter doesn't require in game, had a quick check as I happened to be at home so thought worth looking. 

Supermodel.ini

I am hoping this comes across as helpful rather than patronising or anything else, if it does come across in a negative manner then I am really sorry and it isn't my intention.

I know I keep it basic and people sometimes take it the wrong way, but it is the way that I work myself and I do this as if I am doing it for myself, and I like basic and simple, as I was taught when younger Keep It Simple Stupid!! !

Have a look at the bits below and let me know if any help to you

Supermodel.ini Model 3 idea.txt

20 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

What version of Supermodel3 are you using?

Seems you're using an older UI. It's also important that you have an up to date Games.xml as well.

I'll have a look and update. How do you update the games.xml though? Doesn't that update when you update Supermodel?

12 hours ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

I am hoping this comes across as helpful rather than patronising or anything else, if it does come across in a negative manner then I am really sorry and it isn't my intention.

I know I keep it basic and people sometimes take it the wrong way, but it is the way that I work myself and I do this as if I am doing it for myself, and I like basic and simple, as I was taught when younger Keep It Simple Stupid!! !

Have a look at the bits below and let me know if any help to you

Supermodel.ini 7.93 kB · 3 downloads Model 3 idea.txt 3.05 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks. I'll have a look when I get the chance.

4 minutes ago, darrenmarchand said:

I'll have a look and update. How do you update the games.xml though? Doesn't that update when you update Supermodel?

It should come with the emulator, but sometimes people forget to update it as well. ?

With so many people posting SVN versions, it possible to get just a binary, and if you have a very old Games.xml, it could be an issue.

Edited by Headrush69