LaunchBox Community Forums

Change Rom Path?

Drybonz

7 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Yeah, I had to move all the roms to a new drive... that was already done before I started this process.  I assumed that is how most people would probably go about it.

The rom change option should not ask you to re-import. The only way a game get removed from a platform is if you delete it or you edit the platform name it is tied to.

Highlight all the games you want to change the path for the choose >Tools>Change Roms Folder Path for Selected games. It will show you how man you selected and the new path you are choosing. It even tells you to make sure you already moved the roms. Next if it finds that some of the games you are trying to change are not found in the new path it will let you know to allow you to choose to continue or not otheerwise it just proceeds if all games are there. Then it confirms how many game it did change the path for. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 6.48.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 6.37.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 6.37.59 AM.png

Thanks for all the replies... I got this working.  Not sure what was causing my initial problems, but luckily they weren't repeating.

So, it would be nice if this same feature worked with disc games.  It seems like all it would need to work would be to look in subfolders and look for .cue files.  Maybe that can be added at some point.

• 3 years later...