LaunchBox Community Forums

LED Blinky will not speak controls or light appropriate buttons

CitznFish

Hello,

I am hoping someone can tell me what is going on here with LEDBlinky.  I have LEDBlinky set up with MAME/LB. But for unknown reasons LEDBlinky will not speak or light the correct controls or flash the coin and start buttons(when coined up). I have LEDBlinky configured correctly as far as I can tell. I can see my startup animation, my exit animation, and my single frame for active animation. It just will not light the controls during the game or speak the controls.  It will light the controls briefly when speaking the game name. What it does do though, is keep the front end buttons lit like the FE is active.  I have also tried messing with the Game Start Delay timer on the Game Options tab but that doesn't fix the issue. 

NOTE: The same exact thing happens in Bigbox as well.

It appears to me that maybe LB is telling LEDBlinky to stop the game early? 

MAME version: 0.223

Launchbox 11.3  (happens in 11.2 as well)

I have two short videos at the end showing what is happening.

Here is the MAME output, I thought it would show the LED's turning on or off but it doesn't.

Start MAME or MAME32.
Run any game(s) to display Outputs.

00001 MAME Start
00002 Ouptut(0): GALAGA
00003 Ouptut(12345): ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1)
00004 00001 ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1) off(0) [unassigned]
00005 MAME Stop
00006 MAME Start
00007 Ouptut(0): GALAGA
00008 Ouptut(12345): ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1)
00009 00002 ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1) off(0) [unassigned]
00010 MAME Stop
00011 MAME Start
00012 Ouptut(0): GALAGA
00013 Ouptut(12345): ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1)
00014 00003 ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1) off(0) [unassigned]
00015 MAME Stop

Game options:image.thumb.png.baff66e68036963a73d4f76eca591650.pngLaunchbox:

image.thumb.png.fdfcdb5005a8dc4928085f3d450630cf.png

MAME:image.thumb.png.5829c0d7e9802215b800039ddb7cb1d8.png

FE Options:image.thumb.png.0a5f6331486776bafa38de99c8d849b7.png

Video 1 - didn't even speak the game name, but I think I hit a button to cancel it. Video 2 shows the game name being said and the controls briefly lighting up correctly before going back to the FE animation.

@arzoo

image.png

• 1 month later...

hello

i think i've  the same problem.

According to me, i think i've configured the good options. I've put the mame.xml file, the color.ini and the mame/cfg path. I've specified i use Launchbox as FE.

But under BigBox, some led that should be lit as usable control are off, and when i launch a mame game, all buttons lights when i expected only the button needed for the game should be on. 

I don't know where i do wrong :(  I use the latest Launchbox and LedBlinky 7.1.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, Elhora said:

But under BigBox, some led that should be lit as usable control are off, and when i launch a mame game, all buttons lights when i expected only the button needed for the game should be on. 

Can you be a little more specific? Which LED should be lit that aren't. If a key isn't mapped for a specific function it won't light?

In MAME, is that some games or all games? Do you have any animation options set in LEDBlinkyConfig? 

7 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Can you be a little more specific? Which LED should be lit that aren't. If a key isn't mapped for a specific function it won't light?

In MAME, is that some games or all games? Do you have any animation options set in LEDBlinkyConfig? 

For example, In BigBox, all the Player 1 Buttons are affected to a BigBox function (like select theme or view, etc....) but only 5 buttons are lit (i know all 6 buttons works, but the player 5 button - Z- is not lit)

when i launch a game or launch/close BigBox, i've set some led animations in the default preset list and it works for all the buttons. But once a game is launched, the leds are lit as if i still was in BigBox.  I've  generated and set the mame.xml path as shown in the doc, but it doesnt care. The only led that are lit when i'm in Mame are the same as when i'm in BigBox.

Edited by Elhora