LaunchBox Community Forums

2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Hey thx for answering. In the Flashpoint Launcher I can see all the images. However, I don't know if the images are actually on my drive or if the Launcher just loads the images online as it needs to. This has never been an issue with older versions of Flashpint, though. So yeah, the images not being on the drive could be a reason why this does not work, but why wouldn't they be on the drive, though? I downloaded Ulimate 12.0 and extracted as normal and then used the internal updater to upadate to 12.1 ...

Yea, in theory since it's ultimate, all of the images should be there and none should download... but with what happened with that build... maybe who knows?

You could try a test like this:
1) Do a fresh import of some really random thing that you know there's no way you imported before, nor have seen within the FP launcher (so no chance for image download). Probably some obscure platform. This part is the most important.
2) Go into LaunchBox and go to one of the games that was imported and of course has no pictures.
3) Right click on the game and go to Edit Metadata
4) Go down to the launching tab on the left so that you can see the UUID of the game within the command-line parameters. For example: 37e5c215-9c39-4a3d-9912-b4343a17027e
5) Determine the FP path the logo for that game should be under. The format is as follows:

<FP_DIRECTORY>\Data\Images\Logos\<FIRST_TWO_DIGITS_OF_UUID>\<THIRD_AND_FORTH_DIGITS_OF_UUID\<UUID>.png

P.S. why the fuck does this site not handle text coloring correctly in code blocks in dark mode?

So with my example UUID from earlier, and if I pretend my FP directory is at C:\Users\Player\Flashpoint, the path for that game's logo would be

C:\Users\Player\Flashpoint\Data\Images\Logos\37\e5\37e5c215-9c39-4a3d-9912-b4343a17027e.png

6) Without starting Flashpoint's launcher, see if that logo actually exists at path as noted.

It's possible you also discover like I did that you just don't have many images within flashpoint period and it is downloading them for whatever reason (which I could see happening if you copied over some stuff from Infinity to get the Ultimate build working).

EDIT:
So just checking my copy of Ultimate (that I believe I got via the update tool), the following values are set within preferences.json and I did not copy in my preferences file from an Infinity install:

"onDemandImages": true,
  "onDemandImagesCompressed": true,

So unless that's always been the case and the Ultimate build of the launcher normally just ignores these settings, this would cause the launcher to download images even though it's Ultimate and isn't supposed to (unless it's always been that way and technically isn't ignored, but has never mattered because if all the images are there in the first place, none would ever get downloaded. It would just mean needless checks for the images happen anyway, but I digress...).

Point being, your launcher is likely downloading the images, so it would be good to check if they're even all there in the first place by checking as I suggested above. If you're missing most of them like I am it should be real obvious. There should be thousands of those folders with 2 character alphanumeric names in the Data/Images/Logos folder if Ultimate was assembled correctly...

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Yea, in theory since it's ultimate, all of the images should be there and none should download... but with what happened with that build... maybe who knows?

You could try a test like this:
1) Do a fresh import of some really random thing that you know there's no way you imported before, nor have seen within the FP launcher (so no chance for image download). Probably some obscure platform. This part is the most important.
2) Go into LaunchBox and go to one of the games that was imported and of course has no pictures.
3) Right click on the game and go to Edit Metadata
4) Go down to the launching tab on the left so that you can see the UUID of the game within the command-line parameters. For example: 37e5c215-9c39-4a3d-9912-b4343a17027e
5) Determine the FP path the logo for that game should be under. The format is as follows:

P.S. why the fuck does this site not handle text coloring correctly in code blocks in dark mode?

So with my example UUID from earlier, and if I pretend my FP directory is at C:\Users\Player\Flashpoint, the path for that game's logo would be

6) Without starting Flashpoint's launcher, see if that logo actually exists at path as noted.

It's possible you also discover like I did that you just don't have many images within flashpoint period and it is downloading them for whatever reason (which I could see happening if you copied over some stuff from Infinity to get the Ultimate build working).

EDIT:
So just checking my copy of Ultimate (that I believe I got via the update tool), the following values are set within preferences.json and I did not copy in my preferences file from an Infinity install:

So unless that's always been the case and the Ultimate build of the launcher normally just ignores these settings, this would cause the launcher to download images even though it's Ultimate and isn't supposed to (unless it's always been that way and technically isn't ignored, but has never mattered because if all the images are there in the first place, none would ever get downloaded. It would just mean needless checks for the images happen anyway, but I digress...).

Point being, your launcher is likely downloading the images, so it would be good to check if they're even all there in the first place by checking as I suggested above. If you're missing most of them like I am it should be real obvious. There should be thousands of those folders with 2 character alphanumeric names in the Data/Images/Logos folder if Ultimate was assembled correctly...

Hey, thx for the detailed instructions.

1. I tried your new importer plugin and the nesting worked perfectly.

2. I followed your suggestions for the images. I looked up 10 different apps from different platforms and all the images were actaully there. Example:

image.thumb.png.ac56c83fa45ea9a40bc293d04ac60d16.pngimage.thumb.png.dd0ed2dad45db2987912c71be26339cc.pngimage.thumb.png.c8bdc058e85d4dfeceaaa549f8cf1c3c.png

Now of course I don't know if all the images are actually there, but at least the ones I checked were present.

I also stumbled on the option for on demand image downloading, but I figured it doesn't matter, because all the images are there already. But I'm not sure, of course.

EDIT:

OK, so I just tested something else. I went into the Flashpoint launcher, searched that game from the  screenshot and launched it inside the flashpoint launcher. Then I reimported everything to Launchbox again and, well, take a look:

image.thumb.png.800083e68dd405a97bc410698289eb86.png

It still did not import  the logo, but it did import a screenshot that it didn't import before. I then double checked to see if screenshots of other apps were missing until they are launched one time in Flashpoint, but the screenshots were all there. So I don't know what's going on unfortunately =/

Edited by SiriusVI

So there are 6 titles in Flashpoint with IDs that start with 'c3e8'

image.thumb.png.0a6e5fb59cfc689a3783ff981fbf7a45.png

Which means if you truly had all of the images as Ultimate should, you should see 5 other pictures in that folder. I think it's possible you're missing a lot of images and they're being downloaded in Flashpoint on the fly, which is why it's been so hit and miss.

If you right click on the FP\Data\Images\Logos folder and hit Properties, and then let that populate for a (potentially long) while, how many files and how much space does it say there is?

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

So there are 6 titles in Flashpoint with IDs that start with 'c3e8'

image.thumb.png.0a6e5fb59cfc689a3783ff981fbf7a45.png

Which means if you truly had all of the images as Ultimate should, you should see 5 other pictures in that folder. I think it's possible you're missing a lot of images and they're being downloaded in Flashpoint on the fly, which is why it's been so hit and miss.

If you right click on the FP\Data\Images\Logos folder and hit Properties, and then let that populate for a (potentially long) while, how many files and how much space does it say there is?

OMG, I think I found out what's wrong ... So for some reason there is an image folder nested inside another image folder. Take a look:

image.thumb.png.19a2d5744a2c087b57cf542c7af34b2f.pngimage.thumb.png.dc60e43003cde24241b26c14a3b34f88.png

The outside image folder shows this:
image.thumb.png.739b0a9d29f7f8a69aa634b11b96d8d7.png

the inside image folder shows this:

image.thumb.png.e37acb5e39f599f26cb146d8b03f2401.png

Seems like the inside folder is the correct folder but for some reason it was placed incorrectly after the extraction process. How that happened I do not know.

Edited by SiriusVI
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

-snip-

It's definitely cause I was in a hurry but I can't believe I missed that. My copy of Ultimate has the same issue: all of the picture's aren't actually missing, they're just under that nested folder and what I was seeing at the surface level was what the launcher was downloading on the fly.

Dude they really messed that release up XD.

Let me know if it works for you after collapsing the inner one down into the outer one.

5 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

It's definitely cause I was in a hurry but I can't believe I missed that. My copy of Ultimate has the same issue: all of the picture's aren't actually missing, they're just under that nested folder and what I was seeing at the surface level was what the launcher was downloading on the fly.

Dude they really messed that release up XD.

Let me know if it works for you after collapsing the inner one down into the outer one.

Yeah man, so weird. Anayway, of course after moving the folder to the correct location, everythig works fine now. What a headache, honestly...

• Game On 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, oniotaku said:

I am a noob how do I do that? My flashpoint is on a different from myb launchbox. Thanks

Its just a matter of moving the folder how you would move any other. Whether via a cut and paste or two separate windows, just move the inner folder next to the outer Images folder and accept the merge.

Really having to spell this out... lol. If you are using Ultimate 12 and have this issue, you will have an extra level of the "Images" folder that isn't supposed to be there, as shown in SiriusVI's screenshots above.

So you'll see "<FLASHPOINT_DIR>\Data\Images\Images" where both the inner and outer have "Logos" and "Screenshots" directories.

To fix this you need to make it so there is only one images sub-folder, with the contents of the inner one being merged to the outer one.

image.gif

Edited by oblivioncth