LaunchBox Community Forums

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, oblivioncth said:

@Vippy_man

@SiriusVI

Don't mean to spam, but I figured I'd ping you guys, just in case you were relying on an email or whatever to be notified.

Hey man,

I finally have some New HDD space and downloaded Flashpoint 11. Now if I want to update m existing Flashpoint 10.1 install integrated into Launchbox, do I just install the new version 11 over the existing launchbox install or do I have to remove the previous installation from Launchbox?

All the best!

On 12/18/2022 at 7:31 AM, SiriusVI said:

Hey man,

I finally have some New HDD space and downloaded Flashpoint 11. Now if I want to update m existing Flashpoint 10.1 install integrated into Launchbox, do I just install the new version 11 over the existing launchbox install or do I have to remove the previous installation from Launchbox?

All the best!

Technically I've never asked the team about doing this, but from my familiarity with it I would imagine trying to just overwrite everything would have a high chance of breaking stuff.

What I would do is remove the old copy of 10 and then put the copy of 11 in the same exact place with the same folder name so that the paths are the same.

Then, if you don't want to mess with updating your imports, just download the latest version of CLIFp manually and drop it into the new FP folder.

If you use the favorites system within Flashpoint then you'll need to export your favorites so that you can import them into the new version: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/datahub/Extended_FAQ#TransferPlaylists

Edited by oblivioncth

2 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Technically I've never asked the team about doing this, but from my familiarity with it I would imagine trying to just overwrite everything would have a high chance of breaking stuff.

What I would do is remove the old copy of 10 and then put the copy of 11 in the same exact place with the same folder name so that the paths are the same.

Then, if you don't want to mess with updating your imports, just download the latest version of CLIFp manually and drop it into the new FP folder.

If you use the favorites system within Flashpoint then you'll need to export your favorites so that you can import them into the new version: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/datahub/Extended_FAQ#TransferPlaylists

You might have misunderstood. I don't want to copy the new Flashpoint folder into the old one.

I was just asking if I can import the new Flashpoint into launchbox or if I have to delete all the flashpoint platforms previously imported into launchbox first.

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

You might have misunderstood. I don't want to copy the new Flashpoint folder into the old one.

I was just asking if I can import the new Flashpoint into launchbox or if I have to delete all the flashpoint platforms previously imported into launchbox first.

Oh OK.

You should be able to just import over your current setup without issue.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

I saw here was an update on the Github page, but now there are two different versions: static and shared. Which one do I use to import flashpint 11.1 into Launchbox?

There were no functional changes in that update. I was overhauling all of my CMake based projects to allow for building libraries and executables that are linked to their dependencies via shared libraries in addition to static ones.

Essentially, the shared version just has DLLs along side the executable while the static version is standalone and doesn't need them. The latter is the form the releases had been taking before I started building both, so while it doesn't matter which you use in the futute, the static build matches the releases from the past. But in the end they're functionally identical.

For now it doesn't even matter for me either and getting shared builds working was more of a formality.

I'll probably note somewhere in the README that you can use either.

EDIT: I guess there is technically the difference that the target version of FP changed to the latest in that release, so it is "better" in that it avoids the warning message of a mismatched version during import.

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@oblivioncth

I've just updated to the newest version and everything worked great as always. However, I have a few suggestions on how to probably improve the plugin, although I am not at all sure it's possible:

1. Could Flashpoint be imported in a way so that "Flashpoint" is a platform category and then all the individual platforms are assigned to that category rather than the launchbox root? Having all the platforms show on the root level kind of clutters up the launchbox selection. I usually do this manually and things look really tidy, but everytime I update, many of the platforms are placed on the root level again.

2. Is it possible to include the description of the platforms from the official site intoo the "Notes" section of each platform? I mean the ones found here: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/platforms

Anyway, theser are my 2 cents. 

On 6/8/2023 at 12:12 AM, mikejoe said:

Great plugin. Is there a similar plugin for Kahvibreak (https://bluemaxima.org/kahvibreak/)

Not at this time. It's something I might look into at some point but it's far down the bucket list at the moment.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:21 PM, SiriusVI said:

@oblivioncth

I've just updated to the newest version and everything worked great as always. However, I have a few suggestions on how to probably improve the plugin, although I am not at all sure it's possible:

1. Could Flashpoint be imported in a way so that "Flashpoint" is a platform category and then all the individual platforms are assigned to that category rather than the launchbox root? Having all the platforms show on the root level kind of clutters up the launchbox selection. I usually do this manually and things look really tidy, but everytime I update, many of the platforms are placed on the root level again.

2. Is it possible to include the description of the platforms from the official site intoo the "Notes" section of each platform? I mean the ones found here: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/platforms

Anyway, theser are my 2 cents. 

1) I originally didn't bother doing this because it is another file I need to start parsing that isn't being parsed currently and at the time there was already a lot of different files I had to write readers/writers for. While it isn't too hard to do it manually, it certainly does get annoying having to redo it every time you update. I'm a bit busy with other things, but I'll certainly add this when I can since it makes total sense.

2) I'll double check to see if these are included somewhere in the distributions and if so sure, but if it comes down to needing to scrape them off the site then while I'd keep it in mind, it would be pretty far out in terms of hitting the trifecta of interest, time, and ability. Also would depend on the degree to which the page elements change when they update the list. I have enough fun dealing with the constant breaking changes of FP itself XD.

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 11:41 PM, oblivioncth said:

Not at this time. It's something I might look into at some point but it's far down the bucket list at the moment.

1) I originally didn't bother doing this because it is another file I need to start parsing that isn't being parsed currently and at the time there was already a lot of different files I had to write readers/writers for. While it isn't too hard to do it manually, it certainly does get annoying having to redo it every time you update. I'm a bit busy with other things, but I'll certainly add this when I can since it makes total sense.

2) I'll double check to see if these are included somewhere in the distributions and if so sure, but if it comes down to needing to scrape them off the site then while I'd keep it in mind, it would be pretty far out in terms of hitting the trifecta of interest, time, and ability. Also would depend on the degree to which the page elements change when they update the list. I have enough fun dealing with the constant breaking changes of FP itself XD.

Thanks @oblivioncth for the response. Hopefully you will have sometime soon to get it done. I will be happy to be the beta tester for it.

• 1 month later...

@SiriusVI

Just pushed the update for FP12. I did move a bit of a faster pace than usual and make a large number of behind the scenes changes. so it's possible there's some uncaught bugs, but everything seems pretty good as far as I can tell.

Ironically, not long after you mentioned the page on the Flashpoint website that went over each platform in detail the Flashpoint Archive team removed that page because they felt it wasn't being maintained well enough. So using content from that in LB went from pretty much unfeasible (for me, in a reasonable amount of time), to outright impossible XD.

The good news is that I did make the change such that all platforms are now automatically grouped under a "Flashpoint" Platform Category, and those platforms (as well as the category itself) will use their corresponding icons.

image.thumb.png.226678bb71eba4c5c160c108b97c845f.png

Edited by oblivioncth

On 7/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, oblivioncth said:

@SiriusVI

Just pushed the update for FP12. I did move a bit of a faster pace than usual and make a large number of behind the scenes changes. so it's possible there's some uncaught bugs, but everything seems pretty good as far as I can tell.

Ironically, not long after you mentioned the page on the Flashpoint website that went over each platform in detail the Flashpoint Archive team removed that page because they felt it wasn't being maintained well enough. So using content from that in LB went from pretty much unfeasible (for me, in a reasonable amount of time), to outright impossible XD.

The good news is that I did make the change such that all platforms are now automatically grouped under a "Flashpoint" Platform Category, and those platforms (as well as the category itself) will use their corresponding icons.

image.thumb.png.226678bb71eba4c5c160c108b97c845f.png

This looks super cool! Will try it out immediately ... well after downloading for a very long time, haha.

EDIT: Flashpoint 12 Ultimate doesn't seem to be available for DL, yet. Does your new tool version also work for 11.1?

EDIT 2:

On 7/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, oblivioncth said:

Just wanted to mention that the page is online again.

Edited by SiriusVI

6 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

This looks super cool! Will try it out immediately ... well after downloading for a very long time, haha.

EDIT: Flashpoint 12 Ultimate doesn't seem to be available for DL, yet. Does your new tool version also work for 11.1?

EDIT 2:

Just wanted to mention that the page is online again.

Huh they did put the page back. Well it's still a stretch but I'll keep it in mind if I come up with any ideas.

As for FP itself, yea Ultimate 12 is a bit behind and I'm not quite sure when it's supposed to be coming. I don't think it will be super long, but if for some reason it gets delayed severely I might try to backport the features to an old build so that it can be used with 11.1, but currently it won't work with it as too much changed between the releases.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2023 at 8:14 PM, oblivioncth said:

Huh they did put the page back. Well it's still a stretch but I'll keep it in mind if I come up with any ideas.

As for FP itself, yea Ultimate 12 is a bit behind and I'm not quite sure when it's supposed to be coming. I don't think it will be super long, but if for some reason it gets delayed severely I might try to backport the features to an old build so that it can be used with 11.1, but currently it won't work with it as too much changed between the releases.

I finally downloaded and extracted Flashpoint Ultimate 12.1. This was an ordeal this time around.

Your importer targets 12.0, but does it also work with 12.1?