LaunchBox Community Forums

17 hours ago, The T said:

Oh ok; the thing I was missing was changing the "Scrape as" to "Web Browser". That'll do what I need it to do.

Another thing I would really like to see title screens being used as Game Covers, when applicable/when there's nothing else. That's partially a LaunchBox problem in general, though.

Ah yes, in terms of actually notifying it what you are trying to scrape that is the necessary step. Sorry that skipped my mind.

You can actually do what you want with the image substitutions when the primary source is unavailable:

Go to Tools->Options->Media->Box Front Priorities. Once there if you scroll down and check off "Screenshot - Game Title" and then make sure it is moved to a high enough priority to beat out the other checked options (which for Flashpoint there are only the two images so you just have to make sure its under "Box - Front") then it will be used when the checked items above it are unavailable.

This can obviously be done for several of the other media categories as you can see under the Media section in Options; note however, that this is a premium feature.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:53 AM, SiriusVI said:

So I finally get around to testing the importer. A quick question, though: Does it also import the flash videos or just the games? I' also like to import the videos, maybe under a different platform name?

So while working on a way to easily filter between the animations and games it just occurred to me that I accidentally lied to you due to confusing myself with something I was working on with CLIFp at the same time. Currently, because LaunchBox is primarily geared as a games frontend, my important actually only imports games from Flashpoint and not animations. I feel like this approach makes sense given its purpose; however, I'm not here to enforce my practices on you and there is nothing wrong with options, so I can reasonably add a toggle for including animations in the import.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:53 PM, G_HARB said:

@oblivioncthThank you for the response. I was just thinking it'd be cool just to import a handful of games rather then the entire playlist from flashpoint. The current process puts all of the games into launchbox even if I don't have them installed on flashpoint. I went through and manually deleted all of the ones I don't play. Either way it's a minor detail in the grand scheme of things. Definitely worth the time to have everything launch from launchbox.

The point of this tool is to make life easier so I get where you're coming from. Not sure what my overall plan will be but I'll probably start by adding a feature to import games present on playlists only, ensuring that the Favorites playlist can be imported, and go from there.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, oblivioncth said:

Crap, sorry about that.

You'll need to remove the xmls for now obviously to start LaunchBox, and you should be able to rename the backups (.obk) to the original names to get the working copies back (though obviously they'll have the adult games).

To figure out what's going on it would be helpful if I could get a few things: A screen shot of OFILb exactly how you had it setup for your last import (when you were trying to remove the adult games) before the issue occurred and a link to a zip file of the XMLs that LaunchBox says are corrupted. Finally, while it's ultimately not needed if you don't feel like it, I'd appreciate it if you submited that info as a formal bug on the tools GitHub page that you can get to from here or the Help menu within the tool itself.

Hey man,

I know it's been long. But I just tried your program again to give you more feedback on the corrupted files that occur when updating the xml files. So what I have done is:

1. import Flashpoint with your program, with no adult games --> works perfectly

2. Open your program again and this time include the adult games. Settings look as follows:

image.thumb.png.3a344f1319946918683dae2ebe4f5651.png

3. The error messages I receive look like the example below. What's weird is the path shown here. It says "\Data\Platform_Name", but shouldn't it say "\Data\platform\plantform_Name"? The xml file at that path obviously does not exist, so I cannot send you any corrupted files...

image.thumb.png.2e0c53d5e47de168745b1812d299d328.png

Do you know what to make of this?

Hmmm, that is odd; though, I wondering if there is some kind of coincidence going on with you changing your playlist settings or something between this time and the last and a bug there, rather than anything to do with the Include Extreme option. Escaper's Encyclopedia is a playlist so you were close, it should be "LaunchBox\Data\Playlists\Escaper_s_Encyclopedia.xml", the path is definitely wrong. Additionally, I'm surprised its complaining about corruption, suggesting that there is actually something there to read, rather than claiming the file is missing as would make sense if it was looking for the file in the wrong place.

The code base has changed significantly since you initially reported this issue. Would you mind trying this out on the latest version with Flashpoint 9 and seeing if it still happens? If not when I have more time I can look back at the repo history for that version and see if I can find the problem just to make sure I did take care of it.

5 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Hmmm, that is odd; though, I wondering if there is some kind of coincidence going on with you changing your playlist settings or something between this time and the last and a bug there, rather than anything to do with the Include Extreme option. Escaper's Encyclopedia is a playlist so you were close, it should be "LaunchBox\Data\Playlists\Escaper_s_Encyclopedia.xml", the path is definitely wrong. Additionally, I'm surprised its complaining about corruption, suggesting that there is actually something there to read, rather than claiming the file is missing as would make sense if it was looking for the file in the wrong place.

The code base has changed significantly since you initially reported this issue. Would you mind trying this out on the latest version with Flashpoint 9 and seeing if it still happens? If not when I have more time I can look back at the repo history for that version and see if I can find the problem just to make sure I did take care of it.

Great to hear from you!

I've just tried with the new version, but I still get the same errors:
image.thumb.png.3f18bab4a4580c8c7475c07a6168142b.png

I will try using a virgin version of launchbox next.

I've now tried using a fresh install of Launchbox. Same error.

Procedure was

1. install Launchbox --> open Launchbox --> close Launchbox

2. Install Flashpoint with your updated installer (adult games included)

3. Open Launchbox to check if everything was imported correctly --> everything worked fine

4. Reinstall Flashpoint using your updated installer (adult games excluded)

5. Open Launchbox -->error

image.thumb.png.ef91d55bbddcd794aa6868c8e2e3679c.png

What's strage here is that this time, I've named the Launchbox folder "LaunchBoxTest", but the error message reads "LaunchBox\Data". 

Edited by SiriusVI

6 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

I've now tried using a fresh install of Launchbox. Same error.

Procedure was

1. install Launchbox --> open Launchbox --> close Launchbox

2. Install Flashpoint with your updated installer (adult games included)

3. Open Launchbox to check if everything was imported correctly --> everything worked fine

4. Reinstall Flashpoint using your updated installer (adult games excluded)

5. Open Launchbox -->error

image.thumb.png.ef91d55bbddcd794aa6868c8e2e3679c.png

What's strage here is that this time, I've named the Launchbox folder "LaunchBoxTest", but the error message reads "LaunchBox\Data". 

Ok thanks, something is obviously amiss, and that message suggests that the folder is accidentally hard-coded somewhere. I also incorrectly remembered the error messages having been from OFILb and not LaunchBox itself the last time you brought this up. Interesting that LB even tries to read a file from that folder that doesn't belong. I figured all the names were fixed and it only read the ones it made itself, but I guess the names are there for Jason's convenience, but at the end of the day it tries to parse all XMLs in that folder based on their element names alone.

What really has me confused is that this seems straightforward enough that I don't know how I didn't run into this during testing. From memory just flipping the binary option of include extreme shouldn't be capable of this haha.

I'll look into it, in theory it seems like cake to reproduce and it should be a simple fix since it's just a path being wrong.

Edited by oblivioncth

OK so I definitely found something strange going on where edited XML files are (sometimes?) not cleared correctly or the XML writer is behaving oddly that I will delve into, unfortunately it may be a bit more complicated than I thought as I fear that this may be a Qt bug and therefore out of my hands, other than updating and hoping it was fixed. That gets even more complicated as I've been unable to build the latest version of Qt because of other issues :/. I'd even try to fix it myself but its impossible to create and submit a patch without first being able to compile the dev branch completely.

Hopefully this is something I can fix in my source.

As for why the error has the wrong path, I think Jason just messed up and any error with a xml data file with use "LaunchBox\Data\FILE.xml" as the string regardless of the name of the LB folder and if the file is in a subfolder or not. Please confirm by checking if  the file "Escaper_s Encyclopedia.xml" even exists in LaunchBoxTest\Data or if it actually is in LaunchBoxTest\Data\Playlists.

Interstingly enough I don't even get the error! My LB just freezes then terminates, but I can tell its from that same playlist.

Edited by oblivioncth

Turns out it was actually a pretty simple oversight in that in the system I used to translate between the Flashpoint and LaunchBox platform/playlists names (which is a thing since LaunchBox uses files for these and some of the Flashpoint originals have characters that aren't allowed in file names) I forgot to account for the conversion in one place.

0.3.0.1 should work for ya.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, oblivioncth said:

Turns out it was actually a pretty simple oversight in that in the system I used to translate between the Flashpoint and LaunchBox platform/playlists names (which is a thing since LaunchBox uses files for these and some of the Flashpoint originals have characters that aren't allowed in file names) I forgot to account for the conversion in one place.

0.3.0.1 should work for ya.

Great work! I'll try it and report back ?

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2021 at 5:51 AM, coolspot said:

I've been procrastinating setting up Flashpoint because I wasn't sure there was a way to integrate it into LB ... thanks for mkaing this plugin! I'm only 6 months late to the party.

Glad it's of use to you. Let me know if you have any issue.

A Flashpoint update should be coming somewhat soon that I will need to update this tool for. I'm going to try and have the update ready ahead of time.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, oblivioncth said:

Glad it's of use to you. Let me know if you have any issue.

A Flashpoint update should be coming somewhat soon that I will need to update this tool for. I'm going to try and have the update ready ahead of time.

Just FYI, the new update Flashpoint 10 is available =).

50 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Awesome, ? !

It shouldn't take too long, I think the only change I have to care about is the enhancement to the tag system where there are now tag categories and multiple kinds of mature tags instead of just "extreme". I plan on have you be able to select the exact tags you want to include, but for the moment I'm just going to map the new mature tags to the "extreme" checkbox so I can get a compatible version out ASAP.

Right now the most limiting factor is how long its taking me to update my 9.0 ultimate install to 10.0 to test properly.

It turns out a few changes to the config files were made that required me to modify CLIFp as well, which is now done. The Ultimate updater was slow as molasses so I resorted to just torrenting the new one from scratch which is at 90%.

Once Ultimate finishes extracting I just have to double check that it works correctly with the updated CLIFp and I don't expect the OFILb changes to take long, so I'd say the overall work is about half done.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, GrahamWarden said:

Really looking forward to the 10 release. I hope it is still being worked on

Haha I was waiting for someone to ask. Yea it definitely is. It's pretty close. The OFILb changes are basically done, just untested.

The issue is that I've run into a surprising number of issues updating CLIFp (what let's OFILb work) to be compatible with the latest Flashpoint because of changes they did to the backend. Those are also almost done but theres a few kinks I still need to work out. I'm pretty busy at the moment but I keep inching it closer here and there.

Hopefully it's not too much longer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Haha I was waiting for someone to ask. Yea it definitely is. It's pretty close. The OFILb changes are basically done, just untested.

The issue is that I've run into a surprising number of issues updating CLIFp (what let's OFILb work) to be compatible with the latest Flashpoint because of changes they did to the backend. Those are also almost done but theres a few kinks I still need to work out. I'm pretty busy at the moment but I keep inching it closer here and there.

Hopefully it's not too much longer.

Great to hear =). Will I have to remove my imported platforms and playlists from v.9 or could I just use your tool to "update" the collection?