LaunchBox Community Forums

7 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Well,

you could have the language field display like this for more than one language:

en, et.al. 

or if you want to leave more languages in:

en; fr; sp, et.al. 

You could stell leave the complete region info in the custom fields.

Yea, that is roughly what I was planning on doing (though nice call on the "and others"), but I decided to just make the whole thing a Custom Field. My concerns about it from the past only were an issue with a much older version of the code base and don't really pose a problem (other than a little bit for a future idea I have, but whatver I'll cross that bridge then) currently.

Haven't had much time to do it but it will work and is partially complete.

1 hour ago, oblivioncth said:

Yea, that is roughly what I was planning on doing (though nice call on the "and others"), but I decided to just make the whole thing a Custom Field. My concerns about it from the past only were an issue with a much older version of the code base and don't really pose a problem (other than a little bit for a future idea I have, but whatver I'll cross that bridge then) currently.

Haven't had much time to do it but it will work and is partially complete.

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it out.

By the way, I do still get that weird message from your plugin telling me that my Flashpoint Ultimate Version is not 10.1, even though I downloaded the complete package and unpacked it correctly. I did rename the Folder it's stored in, though. Do you get the same messagte?

20 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it out.

By the way, I do still get that weird message from your plugin telling me that my Flashpoint Ultimate Version is not 10.1, even though I downloaded the complete package and unpacked it correctly. I did rename the Folder it's stored in, though. Do you get the same messagte?

It's likely due to two reasons.

1) 10.1 was updated three times (the third was rescinded) after release, with the most current available being 10.1.0.3. On the site right below the torrent link is a statement and link to the patch you need to update Ultimate to that version. The statement makes it sound like that if you downloaded the torrent more recently that you're already fine as the torrent was updated to include the patch; however, this isn't actually the case and I have notified the team that the torrent is still the original release and that the statement is misleading (plus it turns out someone else there already noticed the issue and they're just waiting for it to travel down the pipeline to be fixed). So tl;dr make sure you apply that patch.

2) This is the first version where the checksum (in this case, used as an identifier) for the FP launcher has differed between Ultimate and Infinity. Because I wasn't aware of this right away the checksum that both are checked against is only Infinity's, which of course will make Ultimate 10.1.0.3 always be seen as a "mismatch". I have rectified this for the next build.

There is now another issue where it seems like a recent release of LaunchBox may have changed how images are handled, or something weird is just going on, because LB is ignoring the imported images now for me. Otherwise though the original issue has been totally fixed.

Edit:

Nvm, starting with a fresh LB installed fixed the issue. Must have just accidentally broke something (which is likely with some of how I do some testing).

Edited by oblivioncth

10 minutes ago, oblivioncth said:

Alright, give it a roll.

Wow you are fast, man. Thank you for updating so quickly!!!

Regarding your post above:

1. You were correct that I didn't have the latest update patch. I downloaded the pack recently from arviche.org and it seems the patch isn't included there either.

2. That said, applying the patch did not fix the warning your plugin gave me. It is however fixed with the new version you just uploaded, so I guess it really was the checksum issue, since I downloaded Ultimate, not Infinity.

I'm running a new import right now. Will get back to you after some testing 😃

• Game On 1

OK, I'm done.

It seems to have worked. I'm not getting the error anymore.

However, the Plugin did not import the first playlist called "Favorites". I tried importing it twice, but it just remains white in the Solution screen and is not being created by Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.e9b19b9f983f35d7aebf0b8e085834ec.png

6 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

OK, I'm done.

It seems to have worked. I'm not getting the error anymore.

However, the Plugin did not import the first playlist called "Favorites". I tried importing it twice, but it just remains white in the Solution screen and is not being created by Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.e9b19b9f983f35d7aebf0b8e085834ec.png

EDIT:

seems like the second playlist is causing some problems as well. I will try to figure out if the problem is on my end:

image.thumb.png.fc4ef23303d5d443b518e3fc675f28ca.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

EDIT:

seems like the second playlist is causing some problems as well. I will try to figure out if the problem is on my end:

image.thumb.png.fc4ef23303d5d443b518e3fc675f28ca.png

image.png

EDIT 2:

Did some quick Testing.

I see this behavior on a fresh Launchbox install as well. here is what happens.

1. I Import everything and after the import is finished, the playlist "Favorites" remains white and is not imported.

2. After Launching Launchbox once and closing it, when I restart your plugin and select the Launchbox Path, the Playlist "Flashpoint Super Hall of Fame" is  shown in white, even though it's present in Launchbox. Also, no "Flashpoint Super Hall of Fame.obk" file is created in the Data folder after reimporting. .obk files are pesent for all the other playlists.

Hope this helps =).

1 hour ago, SiriusVI said:

-snip-

Fixed. 

The problem was those playlists both have leading spaces (annoyingly, and likely an accident) in Flashpoint. This isn't allowed for filenames on Windows, and so what would happen is that my tool was configured to save the name with the space, but the OS would automatically remove it. Then later when it checks for existing playlists it makes the comparison expecting the space to be there, because it knows nothing about the removal, and so it doesn't see it as the same given the small, but significant difference. I changed my filename handling so that it considers filenames with leading/trailing spaces to be invalid and therefore accounts for their removal during comparison (as well as removing them itself when saving the playlists for the first time).

I also got lucky and happened to discover a bug that can cause a crash if you input the wrong Flashpoint folder so that was a nice catch to fix.

To be a little less lazy, and not flood my repo with slightly different releases, try this one out before I christen it officially: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nfh203dgwg21ec/OFILb_0.4.1.3_test.zip/file

Also for the favorite playlist, make sure you actually have favorites set within Flashpoint or else it won't import anything regardless XD.

18 hours ago, oblivioncth said:

Fixed. 

The problem was those playlists both have leading spaces (annoyingly, and likely an accident) in Flashpoint. This isn't allowed for filenames on Windows, and so what would happen is that my tool was configured to save the name with the space, but the OS would automatically remove it. Then later when it checks for existing playlists it makes the comparison expecting the space to be there, because it knows nothing about the removal, and so it doesn't see it as the same given the small, but significant difference. I changed my filename handling so that it considers filenames with leading/trailing spaces to be invalid and therefore accounts for their removal during comparison (as well as removing them itself when saving the playlists for the first time).

I also got lucky and happened to discover a bug that can cause a crash if you input the wrong Flashpoint folder so that was a nice catch to fix.

To be a little less lazy, and not flood my repo with slightly different releases, try this one out before I christen it officially: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nfh203dgwg21ec/OFILb_0.4.1.3_test.zip/file

Also for the favorite playlist, make sure you actually have favorites set within Flashpoint or else it won't import anything regardless XD.

Hey, yeah I also noticed the space in the beginning of both playlists later on.

I've just tried your updated importer. It works for the Super Hall of Fame Playlist now. The "Favorites" playlist still isn't imported. Now if I understood you correctly, it only imports if I manually add a game, is that right?

EDIT: Just tried it. The Favorites Playlist import works if I manually add a game in Flashpoint 😃

Edited by SiriusVI

2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Hey, yeah I also noticed the space in the beginning of both playlists later on.

I've just tried your updated importer. It works for the Super Hall of Fame Playlist now. The "Favorites" playlist still isn't imported. Now if I understood you correctly, it only imports if I manually add a game, is that right?

EDIT: Just tried it. The Favorites Playlist import works if I manually add a game in Flashpoint 😃

Exactly, the playlist is literally your FP favorites that starts empty by default and is there for you to fill in.

It sounds like all is well then. Thanks for testing it.

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oblivioncth said:

Exactly, the playlist is littetally your FP favorites that starts empty by default and is there for you to fill in.

It sounds like all is well then. Thanks for testing it.

Yes looks like everything works fine now. Thanks again for fixing this. I'm super happy I could reimport Flashpoint! 😃

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am having some troubles with the latest release of FIL (v0.6.0.2), I have Flashpoint v11 infinity, the latest version of LaunchBox (v12.16.0) and the latest version of CLIFp (v0.9.1. I have followed the all the steps and have made sure Flashpoint and Launchbox are closed. when I try in add the flash games to LaunchBox, FIL goes to 33% and then closes. When I open LaunchBox, there are no flash games added to my library. I have attached a image of what my FIL looks like. Thanks for your help.

FIL.PNG

12 minutes ago, Vippy_man said:

Hi, I am having some troubles with the latest release of FIL (v0.6.0.2), I have Flashpoint v11 infinity, the latest version of LaunchBox (v12.16.0) and the latest version of CLIFp (v0.9.1. I have followed the all the steps and have made sure Flashpoint and Launchbox are closed. when I try in add the flash games to LaunchBox, FIL goes to 33% and then closes. When I open LaunchBox, there are no flash games added to my library. I have attached a image of what my FIL looks like. Thanks for your help.

FIL.PNG

Sorry you're having this problem. I'll try to reproduce it as soon as I can.

To clarify, you say you're trying to add Flash games but I can't see that platform option in your picture since it's too low in the list. So are you import options as shown in the picture, plus the "Flash" platform selected?

On 8/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, NexusX0 said:

Is this getting updated for Flashpoint 11? 

On 10/7/2022 at 11:55 AM, SiriusVI said:

Would be great for sure. I just checked and Flashpoint 11 is 1.42TB when extracted. Holy sh**. I think this alost twice the size of the 10.1 version.

It already has been, though now I need to fix this new issue.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize I forgot to upload the past few releases here ><.

Edited by oblivioncth

52 minutes ago, oblivioncth said:

Sorry you're having this problem. I'll try to reproduce it as soon as I can.

To clarify, you say you're trying to add Flash games but I can't see that platform option in your picture since it's too low in the list. So are you import options as shown in the picture, plus the "Flash" platform selected?

It already has been, though now I need to fix this new issue.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize I forgot to upload the past few releases here ><.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did not have the flash platform ticked or any ticked in the photo (I didn't realise that I had to). I tried it with the flash platform ticked and it still didn't work. 

35 minutes ago, Vippy_man said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did not have the flash platform ticked or any ticked in the photo (I didn't realise that I had to). I tried it with the flash platform ticked and it still didn't work. 

Gotchya. Just trying to get at your exact intentions, as well as what you did.

So originally you just wanted to import everything on the Flashpoint "Favorites" playlist (hence selecting that playlist, along with "Force All" of Playlist Game Mode) and that exhibited the issue?

If your intention was to do exactly this (importing only the games from that playlist, regarddless of platform), then no you don't also have to select the Flash platform and are using the tool correctly. If you want to import ALL Flash games, regardless of whether or not they're on the Favorites playlist, then you will need to select the Flash platform.