LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 11.6 Boxart Display Issues

KingSlayer937

I've been having this weird boxart issue with launchbox for a while now. Randomly when switching consoles in launchbox, all my boxart disappears for like 30-60 secs and suddenly reappears? Its very annoying because when it does this it basically freezes up launchbox.  If I close it, it remains running in task manager until it completes whatever its doing in the background. I was hoping the last two updates would have fixed this up for me but sadly, it did not. My setup hasnt changed at all im confused as to why its suddenly doing this.

Untitled.png

Since you have had your set-up for a while as you said I doubt it is a cache issue. You have a small enough volume of claims LB would have fully cached the images by now. I would still going into your All Games listing and select all games and refresh the cache just to see if that changes anything. I would also try one of the Default themes to see if maybe it could be a theme issue. I am doubtful it is that either, but testing this will eliminate it for sure.

thanks for the quick response sir. I actually, in a attempt to solve it myself already assumed it was the cache. I went as far as deleting the entire cache folder for LB and as you said, selected all games and let it finish caching fresh images. Problem still persists...kinda stumped at this point. I will try to switch themes tho and see if that helps, never actually tested that because i never had intentions of switching from retrolusts amazing arcade themes haha. Thanks again for the help, if switching the theme fixes the issue ill return and post my findings.

Just so we are clear, LaunchBox and Big Box do NOT use the same cache so clearing the LB cache would have no effect on a Big Box cache issue. Inside of Big Box you can clear cache AND force a cache rebuild both. Can try those two options. The rebuild CAN and WILL take time to complete though so don't do it if you are in a hurry to get gaming.

Yes i am aware there are two caches, i only cleared LB cache. My issues are only Launchbox related NOT bigBox. I havent even loaded my BigBox since the .net update, i just spent the last 30 mins or so playing around with the default theme as Retro suggested and it seemed to have solved my issue...so far anyway. Looks like its Retrolusts LB theme...im using the latest version of it. Thats a shame i love that theme...Can be semi-easily reproduced using the Neon Deluxe LB Theme, selecting a platform, selecting a game, playing the video to the right, and then switch to another platform while its playing. Do that a few times and i get the issue above with no boxart for like 30 secs.

Edited by joshchawks

@joshchawks Are you using the latest version of his theme? I know it was last updated in April. So if you are with the changes to LB/BB since then he may need to update it again. Since you are not really seeing the issue with the default themes I would say download one of the other custom themes and test as well. Then if no issue there and still only with Retrolust's theme I would post a comment on the thread for his theme and let him know.

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@joshchawks Are you using the latest version of his theme? I know it was last updated in April. So if you are with the changes to LB/BB since then he may need to update it again. Since you are not really seeing the issue with the default themes I would say download one of the other custom themes and test as well. Then if no issue there and still only with Retrolust's theme I would post a comment on the thread for his theme and let him know.

Yeah i have 10.0 "april" edition. Its def the theme thats causing my issue, thanks for helping me get to the bottom of it today its been driving me crazy haha. Ill just use the default theme for now until retrolust updates his LB theme. I set my wallpaper to his purple arcade background so it bleeds thru the default theme, will work for now. You can close this my problems been solved, thanks again guys for the speedy response and direction.

Edited by joshchawks

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah i have just downloaded the most recent version (2.1) and its showing images just fine here. So either its a out of date version, or its more specific to your system than thought.

Just now, joshchawks said:

weird, mine looks different. are you not using videos?

That big square on the right is a video, im guessing you are not using the current version. You need to go to the download page and grab version 2.1. Also building the cache in Bigbox is only for Bigbox, it wont effect Launchbox.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well the game details bar, platform list and game box sizes are all user adjustable to increase/decrease sizes, im also at 4K and 150% Windows scaling, plus i also have the buttom button bar switched off..

well then that explains that, ill be editing those today to look similar to yours. Switching to default lb theme seemed to fix my issue...not sure whats up with the arcade theme on my end.