LaunchBox Community Forums

DarkRoom

RedSnake

Yes, first place I checked. Only used one theme previously but did not have auto-generated sub categories set, besides arcade. I'm relatively new to LB/BB. I will set another theme for a test.

I assume it should navigate straight to the categories after selecting a console? As long as that setting is unchecked?

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

5 hours ago, PaulyC said:

Hi @RedSnake great work with this theme its brilliant.

I'd like to tweak a few things on it,  is it possible to open this up in the Community Theme Creator so i can move a few things around?

I am sorry but this theme has not been designed with the community theme manager as it uses a custom plugin I developped that does several things (mainly platform random game videos, fanart transitions, video shader).

As a consequence, you will have to edit the xaml directly if you want to change anything that fits your tastes.

Ok thanks.  I have no idea about what to do i the xaml or the community theme manger for that matter as i'm new to it all lol

Do you mind if i run it by you to see what you think?

It was just 3 things i wanted to change really, a 3D box instead of the flat boxart in the bottom left corner and on the game wheel view i wanted to fill a bit of the empty space on the right with the scrolling game description instead of of it showing on the TV.   I did a quick (and not pretty lol) mockup of what i mean regarding them 2 things.

973656539_Mockup(1).thumb.jpg.fec0343c6e9b5ca7fd173a824b3e7671.jpg

Lastly and i know you've just said its a main feature but i'd like disable the random game video switching and just have the TV play a generic platform video like the main view does with Arcade, Consoles ect

For the 3dBox, you have 2 ways of doing it:

- either you change the box front priority to "Box- 3D" in Launchbox

- either you edit the "StaticStyles.xaml" file in "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Views\Styles" folder and change the type of box front to "Box3DImagePath":

<!-- FRONT BOX STYLE -->
    <Style x:Key="FrontBoxStyle" TargetType="Image">
        <Setter Property="Source" Value="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath, IsAsync=true}" />
        <Setter Property="RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode" Value="HighQuality" />
        <!--Setter Property="Stretch" Value="Fill" /-->
        <Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Left" />
        <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Bottom" />
        <Setter Property="Effect">
            <Setter.Value>
                <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="15" Direction="225" ShadowDepth="10" Color="#FF000000" />
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>

For the plateform video, you just have to add videos (.mp4) to the "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Videos\Platforms" folder. It should take priority over random games videos. You have to do that for every plateforms/playlists for which you want a specific video.

For the vertical scrolling text, I tried several things but result is unsatisfaying and I don't know how to display that in a "clean" way.

You can try this:

</StackPanel>
                <StackPanel Width="890" Height="500" HorizontalAlignment="Left">
                    <DockPanel Width="890" Height="500" >
                        <Canvas Width="890" Height="500" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0" ClipToBounds="True">
                            <controls:ScrollableTextBlock Width="890" Height="501" Name="Notes" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Notes}" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book" FontSize="25" Foreground="#e7e7e7" TextWrapping="Wrap" ScrollBeginDelay="2" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" />
                        </Canvas>
                    </DockPanel>
                </StackPanel>

</StackPanel>
        </Grid>

<!-- Neon -->
        <Viewbox Style="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=Styles.NeonZPanelStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="left">
            <Image x:Name="Neon" Source="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=Sources.PltfNeonSource}" Style="{StaticResource NeonStyle}"/>
        </Viewbox>

This is an editing of the TextGamesViews.xaml file. Now, my monitor has a 2560*1440 resolution, so you will have to tweek width and height yourself to match your screen resolution.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.ca0cae965e52fc07784fc234e8f0b237.jpg

I personaly don't like how the scrolling text behave with this code but I don't know how to do better and don't want to spend more time on this that I already did :)

2 hours ago, RedSnake said:

- either you change the box front priority to "Box- 3D" in Launchbox

- either you edit the "StaticStyles.xaml" file in "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Views\Styles" folder and change the type of box front to "Box3DImagePath":

<!-- FRONT BOX STYLE -->
        <Setter Property="Source" Value="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath, IsAsync=true}" />
            <Setter.Value>
                <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="15" Direction="225" ShadowDepth="10" Color="#FF000000" />
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>

For the plateform video, you just have to add videos (.mp4) to the "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Videos\Platforms" folder. It should take priority over random games videos. You have to do that for every plateforms/playlists for which you want a specific video.

For the vertical scrolling text, I tried several things but result is unsatisfaying and I don't know how to display that in a "clean" way.

You can try this:

</StackPanel>
                        <Canvas Width="890" Height="500" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,10,0,0" ClipToBounds="True">
                            <controls:ScrollableTextBlock Width="890" Height="501" Name="Notes" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Notes}" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book" FontSize="25" Foreground="#e7e7e7" TextWrapping="Wrap" ScrollBeginDelay="2" ScrollSpeed="2" ScrollAutoReverse="True" ScrollEndDelay="6" ReverseScrollSpeed="0.5" ScrollDirection="Up" />
                        </Canvas>
                    </DockPanel>
                </StackPanel>

</StackPanel>
        </Grid>

<!-- Neon -->
        <Viewbox Style="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=Styles.NeonZPanelStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="left">
            <Image x:Name="Neon" Source="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=Sources.PltfNeonSource}" Style="{StaticResource NeonStyle}"/>
        </Viewbox>

This is an editing of the TextGamesViews.xaml file. Now, my monitor has a 2560*1440 resolution, so you will have to tweek width and height yourself to match your screen resolution.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.ca0cae965e52fc07784fc234e8f0b237.jpg

I personaly don't like how the scrolling text behave with this code but I don't know how to do better and don't want to spend more time on this that I already did :)

Thank you mate ill give it a go.  I appreciate you spending your time doing this 👍

3 hours ago, RedSnake said:

<!-- FRONT BOX STYLE -->
            <Setter.Value>
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>

That worked perfecly thanks

2 hours ago, RedSnake said:

So i added the Atari Jaguar, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox, Sony Playstation ect .mp4s to the videos\platforms folder and when hovering on say Sony Playstation it still dims and shows a random game with the rating.   I want it not to dim and still show the Playstation logo with the TV playing a generic Playstation video.

3 hours ago, RedSnake said:

You can try this:

</StackPanel>
                        </Canvas>
                    </DockPanel>
                </StackPanel>

</StackPanel>
        </Grid>

<!-- Neon -->
        </Viewbox>

This is an editing of the TextGamesViews.xaml file

Where about do i put this in the TextGamesViews.xaml file?   Ive tried a few places and get errors every time?   Also is this in the wheels view?  I would like all the clear logos beside it to scroll through the games.

Sorry for messing about.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, PaulyC said:

So i added the Atari Jaguar, Microsoft Xbox 360, Microsoft Xbox, Sony Playstation ect .mp4s to the videos\platforms folder and when hovering on say Sony Playstation it still dims and shows a random game with the rating.   I want it not to dim and still show the Playstation logo with the TV playing a generic Playstation video.

That should work I tested it and it works:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.8595d2219239acd4a054953e657ec7e7.jpg

The .mp4 file must be put here:

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.bfaa7affbb68d1fcad1953cdcb503726.jpg

If you did that correctly, then maybe:

- the platform is not the Sony Playstation (or whatever). Do you have sub-playlist or categories for, your platforms (like Sony Playstation - All Games)?

The video to use is binded to the platform nested name:

Priority1FileName="{Binding ActivePlatform.NestedName}"/>
so it should work for all "basic" systems.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, PaulyC said:

Where about do i put this in the TextGamesViews.xaml file?   Ive tried a few places and get errors every time?   Also is this in the wheels view?  I would like all the clear logos beside it to scroll through the games.

The TextGameViews.xaml is used to display the text game view (no wheel) and correspond to the image I showed you

The wheel game view corresponds to the WheelGameView.xaml file. It has no game notes, no game details, just a wheel

If you want the wheel you have to edit the WheelGameView.xaml and add the code corresponding to the game details in the TextGameView.xaml file:

Add the additional references in the beginning:

Spoiler

xmlns:rsm="clr-namespace:DarkRoomPlugin.Managers;assembly=DarkRoomPlugin"
             xmlns:i="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/2010/interactivity"
             xmlns:aoc="clr-namespace:Ao.Bigbox.Controls;assembly=Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7"
             xmlns:gl="clr-namespace:System.Globalization;assembly=mscorlib"

xmlns:cal="http://www.caliburnproject.org"

Add the missing converters:

Spoiler

<!-- Image converter -->
            <rsc:PathVisibilityConverter x:Key="PathVisibilityConverter" />
            <rsc:StringToCollectionConverter x:Key="StringToCollectionConverter" />

<rsc:ImageConverter x:Key="ImageConverter" />
            <!-- brushes -->

Add the path variables:

Spoiler

<!-- Variables -->
        <TextBlock x:Name="Stars" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <TextBlock.Text>
                <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Ratings/{0:F1}.png">
                    <Binding Path="SelectedGame.CommunityStarRating" IsAsync="true" />
                </MultiBinding>
            </TextBlock.Text>
        </TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="ESRB" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <TextBlock.Text>
                <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/ESRB/{0}.png">
                    <Binding Path="ActiveGame.Rating" IsAsync="true" />
                </MultiBinding>
            </TextBlock.Text>
        </TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="PlayMode" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <TextBlock.Text>
                <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Play Modes/{0}.png">
                    <Binding Path="ActiveGame.PlayMode" IsAsync="true" />
                </MultiBinding>
            </TextBlock.Text>
        </TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="Genre" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <TextBlock.Text>
                <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Genres/{0}.png">
                    <Binding Path="ActiveGame.GenresString" IsAsync="true" />
                </MultiBinding>
            </TextBlock.Text>
        </TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="Region" Visibility="Collapsed">
            <TextBlock.Text>
                <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Regions/{0}.png">
                    <Binding Path="ActiveGame.Region" IsAsync="true" />
                </MultiBinding>
            </TextBlock.Text>
        </TextBlock>

<TextBlock x:Name="GameFanartPath"  Visibility="Collapsed" 
            Text="{Binding SelectedGame.BackgroundImagePath, TargetNullValue='LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Layout/DefaultGameView.jpg', IsAsync=true}" />

Add the game details/notes container:

Spoiler

<!-- GAME BOX FRONT -->
        <Grid Panel.ZIndex="50" Style="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=Styles.BoxFrontGridStyle}">
            <Image x:Name="FrontBox" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Style="{StaticResource FrontBoxStyle}" />
        </Grid>

<!-- GAME DETAILS -->
        <Grid x:Name="GameDetails" Panel.ZIndex="50" rs:GridHelper.GridColumns="1030*,890*" rs:GridHelper.GridRows="1*,1*">
            <StackPanel Grid.Column="1" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top">
                <!-- COMMUNITY OR USER STARS (Stars Color) -->
                <Grid rs:GridHelper.GridColumns="2*,5*">
                    <Image Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=Stars, IsAsync=true}" DockPanel.Dock="Left" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="10,10,0,0">
                        <Image.Effect>
                            <DropShadowEffect Color="LightGray" BlurRadius="30" Opacity="1" Direction="270" ShadowDepth="2"/>
                        </Image.Effect>
                    </Image>
                </Grid>
                <!-- Publisher -->
                <StackPanel HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Margin="10,0,0,0">
                    <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock Text="{Binding SelectedGame.Publisher, StringFormat= '\{0\} presents', IsAsync=true}" Opacity="0.7" TextAlignment="Left"
                        TargetFontSize="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontSize20}}"
                        TargetScreenHeight="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontHeight1080}}"
                        Foreground="#e7e7e7" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book">
                        <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock.Style>
                            <Style TargetType="aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock">
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Publisher, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                        <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed" />
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Publisher, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock.Style>
                    </aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock>
                </StackPanel>
                <!-- Title -->
                <StackPanel HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Margin="10,0,40,0">
                    <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock x:Name="GameName" Text="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.Title, IsAsync=true}"
                        TargetFontSize="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontSize35}}"
                        TextWrapping="Wrap" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book" Foreground="#e7e7e7" Opacity="1"/>
                </StackPanel>
                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="10,0,0,0">
                    <!-- Developper -->
                    <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock Text="{Binding SelectedGame.Developer, StringFormat= 'by \{0\} ', IsAsync=true}" Opacity="0.7" TextAlignment="Left"
                        Foreground="#e7e7e7" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book">
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Developer, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.Developer, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                    <!-- Release Date -->
                    <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock Text="{Binding SelectedGame.ReleaseDate, StringFormat= '(\{0:d\})', ConverterCulture={x:Static gl:CultureInfo.CurrentCulture}, IsAsync=true}" Opacity="0.7" TextAlignment="Left"
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.ReleaseDate, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedGame.ReleaseDate, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                </StackPanel>
                <!-- Icons -->
                <StackPanel x:Name="Icons" Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="10,0,0,0">
                    <!-- Broken icon -->
                    <Image x:Name="BrokenImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/States/Broken.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Width="{Binding Source={StaticResource IconW}, Converter={StaticResource DimensionW3840Converter}}"
                        Height="{Binding Source={StaticResource IconH}, Converter={StaticResource DimensionW3840Converter}}"
                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                        <Image.Style>
                            <Style TargetType="Image">
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Broken, IsAsync=true}" Value="True">
                                        <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Broken, IsAsync=true}" Value="False">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Portable icon -->
                    <Image x:Name="PortableImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/States/Portable.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Width="{Binding Source={StaticResource IconW}, Converter={StaticResource DimensionW3840Converter}}"
                        Height="{Binding Source={StaticResource IconH}, Converter={StaticResource DimensionW3840Converter}}"
                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Portable, IsAsync=true}" Value="True">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Portable, IsAsync=true}" Value="False">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Completed icon -->
                    <Image x:Name="CompletedImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/States/Completed.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Completed, IsAsync=true}" Value="True">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Completed, IsAsync=true}" Value="False">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Favorite icon -->
                    <Image x:Name="FavoriteImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/States/Favorite.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Favorite, IsAsync=true}" Value="True">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Favorite, IsAsync=true}" Value="False">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- ESRB -->
                    <Image x:Name="RatingImage" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=ESRB, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/ESRB/Not Rated.png'}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Margin="0,10,10,10">
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Genres -->
                    <ItemsControl x:Name="genresStack" ItemsSource="{Binding ActiveGame.GenresString, Converter={StaticResource StringToCollectionConverter}, IsAsync=true}">
                        <ItemsControl.ItemsPanel>
                            <ItemsPanelTemplate>
                                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"/>
                            </ItemsPanelTemplate>
                        </ItemsControl.ItemsPanel>
                        <ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>
                                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0,10,0,10">
                                    <TextBlock x:Name="GenreIconPath" Visibility="Collapsed">
                                        <TextBlock.Text>
                                            <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Genres/{0}.png">
                                                <Binding Path="." />
                                            </MultiBinding>
                                        </TextBlock.Text>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                    <Image x:Name="GenreImage" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=GenreIconPath}" Visibility="{Binding Text, ElementName=GenreIconPath, Converter={StaticResource PathVisibilityConverter}}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                                    </Image>
                                </StackPanel>
                            </DataTemplate>
                        </ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>
                    </ItemsControl>
                    <Image x:Name="UnknownGenreImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Genres/Unknown.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        Opacity="0.3" Margin="0,0,10,0">
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.GenresString, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.GenresString, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Regions -->
                    <ItemsControl x:Name="regionStack" ItemsSource="{Binding ActiveGame.Region, Converter={StaticResource StringToCollectionConverter}, IsAsync=true}">
                            <ItemsPanelTemplate>
                            </ItemsPanelTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>
                                    <TextBlock x:Name="RegionIconPath" Visibility="Collapsed">
                                        <TextBlock.Text>
                                            <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Regions/{0}.png">
                                                <Binding Path="." />
                                            </MultiBinding>
                                        </TextBlock.Text>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                    <Image x:Name="RegionImage" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=RegionIconPath}" Visibility="{Binding Text, ElementName=RegionIconPath, Converter={StaticResource PathVisibilityConverter}}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                                    </Image>
                                </StackPanel>
                            </DataTemplate>
                    </ItemsControl>
                    <Image x:Name="UnknownRegionImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Regions/Unknown.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Region, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.Region, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                    <!-- Play Mode -->
                    <ItemsControl x:Name="playmodesStack" ItemsSource="{Binding ActiveGame.PlayMode, Converter={StaticResource StringToCollectionConverter}, IsAsync=true}">
                            <ItemsPanelTemplate>
                            </ItemsPanelTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>
                                    <TextBlock x:Name="PlayModeIconPath" Visibility="Collapsed">
                                        <TextBlock.Text>
                                            <MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Play Modes/{0}.png">
                                                <Binding Path="." />
                                            </MultiBinding>
                                        </TextBlock.Text>
                                    </TextBlock>
                                    <Image x:Name="PlayModeImage" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=PlayModeIconPath}" Visibility="{Binding Text, ElementName=PlayModeIconPath, Converter={StaticResource PathVisibilityConverter}}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                                        Margin="0,0,10,0">
                                    </Image>
                                </StackPanel>
                            </DataTemplate>
                    </ItemsControl>
                    <Image x:Name="UnknownPlayModeImage" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Icons/Play Modes/Unknown.png" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality"
                        <Image.Style>
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.PlayMode, IsAsync=true}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ActiveGame.PlayMode, IsAsync=true}" Value="">
                                    </DataTrigger>
                                </Style.Triggers>
                            </Style>
                        </Image.Style>
                    </Image>
                </StackPanel>

</Canvas>
                    </DockPanel>
                </StackPanel>

</StackPanel>
        </Grid>

<!-- WHEEL -->
        <Grid Panel.ZIndex="55" rs:GridHelper.GridColumns="1200*,400*,200*,120*">

I have highlighted in green the thing you have to ADD from TextGHameView.xaml to WheelGameView.xaml, as well as some code before and after these needed addition (that is already present in WheelGameView.xaml) to serve as "balises" so that you know where to make the changes.

The yellow highlight is what is specifically needed to add game notes to the game details (which were not present in TextGameView)

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.63c3e5f61c39ed37219b0de2a57eeda4.jpg

Edited by RedSnake
Too long

• 1 month later...

I sent a message in private to @LuxzordMaster for more information and gave some advice/tests but he didn't answer (yet?):

"

Hi,

I checked your post and the error message.

Unfortunately, it is a standard "useless" message that just says that the plugin failed to create the fanart sliding control, but not why.

It is a pretty simple control, so it is a little bit surprising to me that it crashes there.

First of all, could you try to edit the "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Views\PlatformWheel4FiltersView.xaml" file the following way (I have highlighted the things you have to change):

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
            <TextBlock x:Name="DefaultPltfFanart"  Visibility="Collapsed" 
                Text="{Binding ActivePlatform.BackgroundImagePath, TargetNullValue='LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Images/Theme/Layout/DefaultPltfView.jpg', IsAsync=true}" />
            <rs:ImageSliderControl Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="3"  Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="3"
                Offset="{Binding Source={StaticResource BackgroundXOffset}, Converter={StaticResource DimensionW3840Converter}}"
                SpeedUpWhenHold="false"
                Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=DefaultPltfFanart, IsAsync=true, Mode=OneWay}">
                <rs:ImageSliderControl.ImageManager>
                    <rsm:PltfImageManager CashEnabled="false" Quality="85" ProcessorCount="4" CashLimit="500"/>
                </rs:ImageSliderControl.ImageManager>
            </rs:ImageSliderControl>
            <Rectangle x:Name="PltfBackgroundShadow" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" Fill="Black" Opacity="0.0" />

If it prevents the crash, that means that you can't use the plugin's cash manager for whatever reason.

Also:

- what processor do you have (and how many cores)?

- did you try another theme?

- what is the default view when browsing platforms? "Platform Categories" or "Platforms"?

- could you send me a zip of your "Launchbox\Data", so that I can check if the problem has something to do with your systems collection?

Thanx.

"

• 1 month later...

Hello, It seems the theme is no longer working after launchbox version updates. I get error in the DarkRoomPlugin.dll. Is anyone facing the same issue: Any ideas on how to fix it?

2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: ImageSourceConverter cannot convert from System.String.
   at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: ImageSourceConverter cannot convert from System.String.
   at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)
   at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at MS.Internal.Data.DefaultValueConverter.ConvertHelper(Object o, Type destinationType, DependencyObject targetElement, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isForward)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Type reference cannot find type named '{clr-namespace:DarkRoomPlugin.Controls;assembly=DarkRoomPlugin}GridHelper'.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext.ServiceProvider_Resolve(String qName)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: 'Initialization of 'System.Windows.Setter' threw an exception.' Line number '14' and line position '4'.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.InitializationGuard(XamlType xamlType, Object obj, Boolean begin)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: Type reference cannot find type named '{clr-namespace:DarkRoomPlugin.Controls;assembly=DarkRoomPlugin}GridHelper'.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext.ServiceProvider_Resolve(String qName)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ServiceProviderContext.System.Windows.Markup.IXamlTypeResolver.Resolve(String qName)
   at System.Windows.Markup.DependencyPropertyConverter.ResolveProperty(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, String targetName, Object source)
   at System.Windows.Setter.System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize.EndInit()
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.InitializationGuard(XamlType xamlType, Object obj, Boolean begin)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: 'Initialization of 'System.Windows.Setter' threw an exception.' Line number '14' and line position '4'.
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: Type reference cannot find type named '{clr-namespace:DarkRoomPlugin.Controls;assembly=DarkRoomPlugin}GridHelper'.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.ServiceProviderContext.System.Windows.Markup.IXamlTypeResolver.Resolve(String qName)
   at System.Windows.Markup.DependencyPropertyConverter.ResolveProperty(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, String targetName, Object source)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, ParserContext parserContext)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XmlReader reader, ParserContext parserContext, XamlParseMode parseMode, Boolean useRestrictiveXamlReader, List`1 safeTypes)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& hasNoDefaultCtor)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtorSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions, Boolean fillCache)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: 'Initialization of 'System.Windows.Setter' threw an exception.' Line number '14' and line position '4'.
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, ParserContext parserContext)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XmlReader reader, ParserContext parserContext, XamlParseMode parseMode, Boolean useRestrictiveXamlReader, List`1 safeTypes)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Boolean useRestrictiveXamlReader)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.AppModelKnownContentFactory.XamlConverter(Stream stream, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.MimeObjectFactory.GetObjectAndCloseStream(Stream s, ContentType contentType, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.set_Source(Uri value)
   at DarkRoomPlugin.ConfigurationManager.LoadConfigurations()
   at DarkRoomPlugin.ConfigurationManager.Init()
   at DarkRoomPlugin.VideoControl..ctor()
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: 'The invocation of the constructor on type 'DarkRoomPlugin.VideoControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '143' and line position '23'.
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateInstance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
2022-03-02 09:41:21 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: 'Initialization of 'System.Windows.Setter' threw an exception.' Line number '14' and line position '4'.
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Boolean useRestrictiveXamlReader)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.AppModelKnownContentFactory.XamlConverter(Stream stream, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
   at MS.Internal.AppModel.MimeObjectFactory.GetObjectAndCloseStream(Stream s, ContentType contentType, Uri baseUri, Boolean canUseTopLevelBrowser, Boolean sandboxExternalContent, Boolean allowAsync, Boolean isJournalNavigation, XamlReader& asyncObjectConverter)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.set_Source(Uri value)
   at DarkRoomPlugin.ConfigurationManager.LoadConfigurations()
   at DarkRoomPlugin.ConfigurationManager.Init()
   at DarkRoomPlugin.VideoControl..ctor()

Hi,

I updated to bigbox latest version, and I don't have any issues, the theme is still fine on my side.

I have 55000 game split into around 150 systems, and I browsed through all systems without any problems.

The error seems weird to me, as it complains about ImageSourceConverter. So what's happening is that there is a problem with converting an image to or from other data (a path? an image type?)

Can you zip me your DarkRoom theme folder?

Also:

- what is your screen resolution?

- how do you browse your systems (I personaly use the "View Platform Categories"

- do you have this issue right away when launching the theme, or when browsing to a specific system / game?

• Like 1

Hello RedSnake, thanks for the quick reply. 

I found out what´s the problem. I tried to copy the version 1.0.6 over my previous Darkroom folder. When i deleted the current Darkroom folder and then copied the version 1.0.6, the theme worked again.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello love this theme. but for the playlist i have Fighting Games and Run & Guns that will not auto play the videos when selected

its auto populated playlist. all the other categories are working great except for those 2.

how would i fix this.

also for games that have no backgrounds how do i show just a maybe like cover artwork or plain black wallpaper instead of the default BIgBox Logo wallpaper.

IMG-7137.thumb.jpg.ed55df734d89dceaa6d2878ffe520d6e.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by KingsmanZer0

• 4 months later...