LaunchBox Community Forums

DarkRoom

RedSnake

18 minutes ago, fuerzacelest123 said:

Friend, can you lend me your license for 11.10, the one I have does not let me test the launch box, I just want to test please, then I will buy my license, help

No. If you want to use this theme it looks like you will need to pay for a updated license, or use another theme.

This theme is the one I like the most of all the ones I tried. It's a shame that it performs so badly. CoinOp Redux works a bit better (hangs when changing views) but I don't like its backgrounds as much and the wheel logos look too small. Sorry for so much complaint. It is simply frustration. I don't want so many different themes. I just want a hyperspin type that works just fine. Where the logos of the games do not disappear from the wheel and the fanarts can be worn with pleasure. Thanks also.

Éste tema es el que más me gusta de todos los que probé. Es una pena que tenga tan mal rendimiento. CoinOp Redux funciona un poco mejor (se cuelga al cambiar las vistas) pero no me gustan tanto sus fondos y los logos de la rueda se ven demasiado pequeños. 
Lo siento por tanta queja. Es simplemente fustración. No quiero tantos temas distintos. Simplemente quiero uno tipo hyperspin que funcione bién. Donde los logos de los juegos no desaparezcan de la rueda y se puedan lucir los fanarts con gusto. Gracias igualmente.

5 hours ago, gaialily said:

Hi RedSnake,

Just to know, have you planned to do the SNK Neo Geo AES ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, but as I already told to @zombiesruuun, it is not on the top of the (big) list of things that remains to do.

3 hours ago, REI AYANAMI said:

It's a shame that it performs so badly .......... Sorry for so much complaint. It is simply frustration.

Well, I know it has some performance issues, in particular the wheel view, (text game view seems pretty ok).

I don't know if there is anything I can do to make it faster though

hi all :)

i have a little (well, 2 little questions) about that theme....

1/ is there any parameters i can change in some config files to make the transition between the wallpapers and the plateforms video faster ? (reduce the delay and the fade transition time so it's more dynamic)

2/ is it possible - still by modifying some files - to replace the combo (tv wallpaper+video snap) by just a full screen platform themed video  ?

8 minutes ago, Elhora said:

hi all :)

i have a little (well, 2 little questions) about that theme....

1/ is there any parameters i can change in some config files to make the transition between the wallpapers and the plateforms video faster ? (reduce the delay and the fade transition time so it's more dynamic)

Not yet, however, I have now tied the speed of background sliding to the speed configured by the user in the BB options (it is called wheel speed in the options I think).

In next release though.

8 minutes ago, Elhora said:

2/ is it possible - still by modifying some files - to replace the combo (tv wallpaper+video snap) by just a full screen platform themed video  ?

Huummm ... maybe I am misunderstanding something, but the whole point of this theme is to display fanart backgrounds with a "video game room' on old tvs depending on the console generation.

I think you may have more luck trying other themes, as some of them definitly have "only" fullscreens gameplay videos as gameviews

Edited by RedSnake

21 minutes ago, RedSnake said:

Well, I know it has some performance issues, in particular the wheel view, (text game view seems pretty ok).

I don't know if there is anything I can do to make it faster though

For better performance, I modified the "SelectedGame.BackgroundImagePath" to "ActiveGame.BackgroundImagePath".

With that, the theme is fully smooth for me.

Edited by gaialily

2 minutes ago, RedSnake said:

Huummm ... maybe I am misunderstanding something, but the whole point of this theme is to display fanart backgrounds with a "video game room' on old tvs depending on the console generation.

I think you may have more luck trying other themes, as some of them definitly have "only" fullscreens gameplay videos as gameviews

What i was trying to achieve is to have the TV wallpaper and the video as they are , but giving them an old look, like some animated VHS noise or distortion overlay so it gives the whole thing a more retro look that matches my custom 80's vhs startup video.

And the only way i have found to do that is to make a themed video of the TV wallpaper + video + added overlay that would replace the static TV image + video. This is why i was thinking about a themed video because i'm not sure that it's possible to add a vhs overlay :)

7 minutes ago, gaialily said:

For better performance, I modified the "SelectedGame.BackgroundImagePath" to "ActiveGame.BackgroundImagePath".

With that, the theme is fully smooth for me.

Well you will see animations with a delay then ^^ But if it is okay with you then yes it will definitly help.

You can also check the file "Launchbox\Themes\DarkRoom\Views\Styles\StaticStyles.xaml" that contains definitions of bindings for "MarqueeStyle" and "FrontBoxStyle" which both are set to "SelectedGame" instead of "ActiveGame"

Also as a side note, I changed something to the pluggin that should make things better, but not to the point of being as "smooth" as textgameview.

I did implement a cash system some month ago, to check if things were better, and yes it was freeking quick with that, but it came with a huge ram usage addition, so I gave up this solution.

13 minutes ago, Elhora said:

What i was trying to achieve is to have the TV wallpaper and the video as they are , but giving them an old look, like some animated VHS noise or distortion overlay so it gives the whole thing a more retro look that matches my custom 80's vhs startup video.

And the only way i have found to do that is to make a themed video of the TV wallpaper + video + added overlay that would replace the static TV image + video. This is why i was thinking about a themed video because i'm not sure that it's possible to add a vhs overlay :)

Ah ok,

It seems complicated to achieve, and that means doing that for every game right??

I don't know if it would be possible to use a serie of png that would be used for a frame animation as an animated overlay.

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 3:43 PM, gaialily said:

Hi @RedSnake !

Just wanted to know if it's possible, by modifying a xaml, to put the platform release date under the title of the game ? And optionally to have the day first, and the month on the second ?

Or all of this depend to a plugin ?

Hi,

Yes it is possible and it isn't linked to the plugin.

In PlatformWheel4FiltersView.xaml, the top left information is described in this section of the code:

before.thumb.jpg.c000b07057539d6a17813d75f7707686.jpg

You can update the xaml file by moving it (and editing it to your liking) as shown below. Note that you must include it in a new grid definition as in the code below.

after.thumb.jpg.23638fff6df08a77a1ffb181025767af.jpg

The result (I kept my original positioning as I don't intend displaying this information as you did) :

result.thumb.jpg.51b95e7fe71c583f86202d90ea75cea5.jpg

For the date format, it is possible as well, and I will "fix" this with next release (as well as the release dates in game views).

If you can't wait, here is what you have to do ^^:

Declare a new namespace on top of xaml:

xmlns:wpf="clr-namespace:Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf;assembly=Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf"
             xmlns:aoc="clr-namespace:Ao.Bigbox.Controls;assembly=Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7"
             xmlns:sys="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib"
             xmlns:gl="clr-namespace:System.Globalization;assembly=mscorlib"
             xmlns:cal="http://www.caliburnproject.org"
             xmlns:i="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/2010/interactivity"

Add the new culture converter to the date binding:

<aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock Text="{Binding SelectedPlatform.ReleaseDate, StringFormat=' (\{0:d\})', ConverterCulture={x:Static gl:CultureInfo.CurrentCulture}, IsAsync=true}" Opacity="0.5"
                            TargetFontSize="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontSize25}}"
                            TargetScreenHeight="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontHeight1080}}"
                            Foreground="#e7e7e7" FontFamily="LAUNCHBOX_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/DarkRoom/Fonts/Comic Book.otf#Comic Book">

date.thumb.jpg.ece41a6e73f449852aeec0c69b2ac7c4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to disturb you again @RedSnake, I have another question to personalize a little more to my taste.

In the platformview again, If I want to put an opacity animation of the platform name, release date and game count (that I put under the platform's logo), so that they would appear at the same time as the title and rating of the game being played, but which would only disappear when I change platforms, is this possible ?

Thanks (if it's too complicated, don't bother with that).

1 hour ago, gaialily said:

Sorry to disturb you again @RedSnake, I have another question to personalize a little more to my taste.

In the platformview again, If I want to put an opacity animation of the platform name, release date and game count (that I put under the platform's logo), so that they would appear at the same time as the title and rating of the game being played, but which would only disappear when I change platforms, is this possible ?

Thanks (if it's too complicated, don't bother with that).

Hello,

First you need to define 2 storyboard.:

- 1 for hiding pltf information

- 1 for showing it

<!-- Display Pltf detail -->
            <Storyboard x:Key="ShowPltfDetail" po:Freeze="True">
                <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="giveMeWhateverName" BeginTime="00:00:1.0" To="1" Duration="00:00:0.5" />
            </Storyboard>
            <!-- Hide Pltf detail -->
            <Storyboard x:Key="HidePltfDetail" po:Freeze="True">
                <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="giveMeWhateverName" To="0" Duration="00:00:0.0" />
            </Storyboard>

<!-- ON PLATFORM BACKGROUND CHANGE -->
            <Storyboard x:Key="BackgroundChanged" po:Freeze="True">

Then add these storyboards to events triggers (these events already exists)

<!-- This event fires (from code behind) when title of game whose gameplay video is displayed changes -->
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding ElementName=RSVideoControl, Path=CurrentGame.Title, NotifyOnTargetUpdated=True}" Visibility="Collapsed">
                <TextBlock.Triggers>
                    <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource DisplayGameDetails}"/>
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource ShowPltfDetail}"/>
                    </EventTrigger>
                </TextBlock.Triggers>
            </TextBlock>

<!-- This event fires when selected platform changes -->
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.Name, NotifyOnTargetUpdated=True, IsAsync=true}" Visibility="Collapsed">
                <TextBlock.Triggers>
                    <EventTrigger RoutedEvent="Binding.TargetUpdated">
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource PlatformChanged}"/>
                        <BeginStoryboard Storyboard="{StaticResource HidePltfDetail}"/>
                    </EventTrigger>
                </TextBlock.Triggers>
            </TextBlock>

Finally you have to name the container of the information you want to animate and make its initial opacity 0.

For me, its a stack panel, for you it may be different:

<!-- Platform name + Time -->
            <Grid Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" Panel.ZIndex="70" rs:GridHelper.GridColumns="40*,1200*,0*,720*,40*">
                <StackPanel x:Name="giveMeWhateverName" Grid.Column="1" Orientation="Vertical" Opacity="0">
                    <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                        <aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.Name, IsAsync=true}"
                            TargetFontSize="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontSize25}}"
                            TargetScreenHeight="{Binding Source={StaticResource TargetFontHeight1080}}"

Result:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...