LaunchBox Community Forums

How to hide clear logos on playlists.

kevin.k

Hello again everyone,
I didn't want to talk about this, but here's my situation:
I'm only 16 yo and I'm building the XAML theme by watching videos and reading articles here and there (kind of monkey see, monkey do situation TBH) and what make it worse is English is not my native language and I have to translate to understand what to do.
That's the situation my friends. I swear it's not because of laziness... etc....
So please if anyone has spare time to help me with this final step to complete the theme, I'll be very grateful. And of course I'll credit everyone helped me build this theme.
Many thanks again and best regards to all.

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Columns="1" Endless="True"
                       CurveAmount="4.5" CameraZPosition="3.0" VisibleCount="14" PageSize="6" Spacing="1.0" ItemZPosition="1.0" SelectedItemZPosition="2.0">
  <coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
      <coverFlow:FlowContext>
        <TextBlock Foreground="White" FontSize="32" Text="{Binding Name}"/>
      </coverFlow:FlowContext>
    </DataTemplate>
  </coverFlow:FlowControl.FlowTemplate>
</coverFlow:FlowControl>

Find the FlowControl in the xaml file you linked. Replace it with this. Change size, color, and font as desired in the TextBlock

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much Good Sir!
I was able to change everything like playlist spacing value and font family (I just added the FontFamily="example") to the TextBlock ?
Everything you guys did are way better than adding an option to disable playlists clear logos. I mean the possibilities are endless now! You guys are genius! ?

I can't thank you enough Mr. C-Beats and everyone who helped me with this learning journey ?
The theme is completed now all thanks to you guys, and I'll credit every single one who helped me to complete it. And I'll surely keep adding to it and enhance it since I'll use it myself as my main theme.

Many Thanks again, especially to you Mr. C-Beats!
Best wishes and best regards to everyone.

• Like 1

Hehe. It's a custom. I respect good people.
Yes, I am enjoying the new features. You gentlemen are amazing!
Unfortunately, I still have one issue preventing me from posting the theme though.
It's these three BigBox boxes. I wanted to change the highlight color. I changed every single color on every single XAML file, but none of these box's color has changed.
Is it possible to change their color? Please tell me if we can change them so I post about this on XAML Tips and Tricks as suggested by Mr. Retro808 previously.
Many Thanks again for any help ?

Change Highlight Color.png

• 1 year later...

Hi all -- I found this thread while searching for a way to force Launchbox and Bigbox to just use plain text for ALL playlist names, and I'm confused about where this landed. The BitBucket issue is marked as "resolved" but it doesn't seem resolved to me.

My situation is that I've made a number of playlists, some of which happen to have common genre names (e.g. "Role Playing") and some of which are very custom to my situation that aren't genres (e.g. "Kid Favorites").

LaunchBox and BigBox both are forcing a clear logo image on any playlist that it thinks is a genre (like Role Playing), which means that no matter which theme I use, my playlist view is a mix of plain text (which I want for all), and inconsistent logo images (which I do not want).

As documented extensively by the OP in this thread, I have repeatedly edited and removed the Clear Logo image in the playlists' settings. It always comes back. I have deleted every occurrence of the logo images from the playlist folders, and from both cache folders. They always come back.

No, I'm not going to use the plain text view for the themes. It's too small and I want the rest of the theme's look/animation, I just don't want to be FORCED to use logos that I didn't put in there!!

All this talk about the BigBox theme builders doing a workaround for this is not the solution, or people having to hack in clear logo images that are just text -- for one thing, this is happening in LaunchBox, not just BigBox. Second, that's not really a solution and it's not intuitive. As a user, when I didn't explicitly add a logo image for my playlist, it shouldn't magically get one. Even worse, when I explicitly remove the logo image for my playlist, it shouldn't magically come back with no way to stop it! That is terrible UX design.

I'm a paid user and a big reason for that is because LB/BB allows me to create a beautiful showcase for my games. This bug is a major annoyance, because in order to get consistent look for my playlists I have to manually create logos for all of them, when I could just let them be text. Please fix this.

EDIT: opened a BitBucket issue

I didn't put this image there:

image.thumb.png.91aafec9b3693ec83df3b6704aedef62.png

Clicking edit, deleting the image:

image.thumb.png.cb624c12d4ffe886e114af0fa93f237c.png

Closed, deleted all images from all playlist and cache folders. And it just comes back, and shows in my BigBox themes:

image.thumb.png.de7c894ed77988ca50f417f0a54053a7.png

Edited by AstroDad2

52 minutes ago, AstroDad2 said:

Hi all -- I found this thread while searching for a way to force Launchbox and Bigbox to just use plain text for ALL playlist names, and I'm confused about where this landed. The BitBucket issue is marked as "resolved" but it doesn't seem resolved to me.

My situation is that I've made a number of playlists, some of which happen to have common genre names (e.g. "Role Playing") and some of which are very custom to my situation that aren't genres (e.g. "Kid Favorites").

LaunchBox and BigBox both are forcing a clear logo image on any playlist that it thinks is a genre (like Role Playing), which means that no matter which theme I use, my playlist view is a mix of plain text (which I want for all), and inconsistent logo images (which I do not want).

As documented extensively by the OP in this thread, I have repeatedly edited and removed the Clear Logo image in the playlists' settings. It always comes back. I have deleted every occurrence of the logo images from the playlist folders, and from both cache folders. They always come back.

No, I'm not going to use the plain text view for the themes. It's too small and I want the rest of the theme's look/animation, I just don't want to be FORCED to use logos that I didn't put in there!!

All this talk about the BigBox theme builders doing a workaround for this is not the solution, or people having to hack in clear logo images that are just text -- for one thing, this is happening in LaunchBox, not just BigBox. Second, that's not really a solution and it's not intuitive. As a user, when I didn't explicitly add a logo image for my playlist, it shouldn't magically get one. Even worse, when I explicitly remove the logo image for my playlist, it shouldn't magically come back with no way to stop it! That is terrible UX design.

I'm a paid user and a big reason for that is because LB/BB allows me to create a beautiful showcase for my games. This bug is a major annoyance, because in order to get consistent look for my playlists I have to manually create logos for all of them, when I could just let them be text. Please fix this.

EDIT: opened a BitBucket issue

I didn't put this image there:

image.thumb.png.91aafec9b3693ec83df3b6704aedef62.png

Clicking edit, deleting the image:

image.thumb.png.cb624c12d4ffe886e114af0fa93f237c.png

Closed, deleted all images from all playlist and cache folders. And it just comes back, and shows in my BigBox themes:

image.thumb.png.de7c894ed77988ca50f417f0a54053a7.png

Have you deleted the files from the cache folder BB? There are two cache folders.

Edited by Merovingio

This is a feature of LaunchBox / Big Box. If the playlist name matches one that we have the logo for and you don't HAVE a logo we fill it in for you with one in the app. You'd have to either theme your wheel to display text (which then gives you the benefit of being able to change font/size/color) or you'd need to provide a clear logo that looks like the text logo you want to use. There are a few other hacky work arounds, but they can cause other issues using the app so I don't recommend them.