LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox taking FOREVER to start up

DrewThatGamer

Hi,

I recently built a new PC and was having some trouble running BigBox on it. While it runs fine within the app, it takes (what seems like) forever to start up. I had no such problem on my older, lower-spec machine. I timed starting it up a couple times, and I got an average of about a 2 minute and 20 second startup time, which used to be probably 20 seconds on my old machine. If you know a solution, please help!

My PC specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X
EVGA RTX 2060
Running BigBox off of a Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD

Thanks!

You have several things going on in your log file, many of which are typically related to drive permissions. Where is your LaunchBox installed? Also if you haven't already I would run the installer over the current location to make sure you have all dependencies installed correctly on the new machine as there are several errors finding system dlls that should already be installed to your machine. Lastly can you remove any plugins you are using and see if that helps? Some of the errors are for libraries we don't use in the product and so I would imagine you have a plugin not playing nice some where along the line.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:17 AM, C-Beats said:

You have several things going on in your log file, many of which are typically related to drive permissions. Where is your LaunchBox installed? Also if you haven't already I would run the installer over the current location to make sure you have all dependencies installed correctly on the new machine as there are several errors finding system dlls that should already be installed to your machine. Lastly can you remove any plugins you are using and see if that helps? Some of the errors are for libraries we don't use in the product and so I would imagine you have a plugin not playing nice some where along the line.

LaunchBox is installed on an internal HDD and I have Windows installed on a SSD. I ran the installer and removed all my plugins, but it takes the same amount of time. I have attached an updated log file

Debug 2020-12-08 03-46-40 PM.log

Edited by DrewThatGamer

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DrewThatGamer said:

I have no startup video and i only have about 1.3k games. about the same amount i had on my old system.

For all the positive's Launchbox has, the one thing it does not have is speed.

It's slow everywhere when it is dealing with a process like loading , updating media etc due to the way it is working in the background.

I have 150,000+ games and it's taking approx 2 minutes to open Bigbox and about 30 seconds to open Launchbox.

No idea if that's the norm, but that's what I get and everyone will be different.

Coming from Hyperspin where it loads instantly no matter how much is on it takes a bit of getting used to, but then Hyperspin does not do so much behind the scenes as Launchbox.