LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOps Redux [4x3]

CMOSS

CoinOps Redux [4x3]

View File

What is it?

4x3 optimised version of the CoinOps Redux theme (port of CoinOps Next to BigBox), co-created with @Klopjero.

The theme has been developed using the Community Theme Creator (all the credit to @y2guru).

As in the case of CoinOps, it relies on 1120x1080 fanart images for game wheel views.

Big thanks to BritneysPAIRS and the CoinOps team for their work in CoinOps and for their amazing theme design.

Views

It includes the following BigBox views:

- 4 platform views.

- 2 game wheels for arcade based systems.

- 2 horizontal game wheels.

- Systems view.

For platform views, we suggest to use @viking colorful videos (4x3 version).

Files available

[CoinOps Redux (4x3) - 1.0.zip] The BigBox theme files. Just uncompress and copy / paste to Launchbox\Themes folder.

Screenshots

Spoiler

566890870_HorizontalGameWheel2.thumb.jpg.ef071d3216f9bb6d2dd3811a7e81be28.jpg552874966_AmstradGX400.thumb.jpg.8c45d5309c6ceee3dd2bcdfc0b640c88.jpg571435283_Atari7800.thumb.jpg.0bb5767a3d5441fd96a4f9b5523c62ce.jpg10652804_GameWheel1.thumb.jpg.7a10c4850bfdcf74878208273d9f0e24.jpg1057470171_GameWheel2.thumb.jpg.bb6d2f9884908374f457341e696ca383.jpgHandhelds.thumb.jpg.50c0ac0d605d860f99ab580a5d6dafed.jpg1219509126_HorizontalGameWheel1.thumb.jpg.3ec9afe78e036d11529670e4a174ea9c.jpg

16:9 version

The 16:9 version of the theme is linked below:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I love this theme on my cab using my LCD game monitor at 1024 x 768. I would like to have a static background image appear for all my MAME games that I created a simple favorites playlist for. I am using the view of the arcade cabinet with clear logos on a vertical wheel. I am unsure how to do this. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? 

Many thanks. 

Edited by jdsabin1
better clarification
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jdsabin1 said:

I love this theme on my cab using my LCD game monitor at 1024 x 768. I would like to have a static background image appear for all my MAME games that I created a simple favorites playlist for. I am using the view of the arcade cabinet with clear logos on a vertical wheel. I am unsure how to do this. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? 

Many thanks. 

You would need a specific view for this. If you give me the exact name of that playlist I can build it and send it to you.

4 hours ago, CMOSS said:

You would need a specific view for this. If you give me the exact name of that playlist I can build it and send it to you.

Wow that would be great! I just called the playlist 'Favorites' and it contains about 125 MAME classics. The static image I have and want to use is a CGI generated picture of an 80s arcade that I have always liked. Thanks!  

5 hours ago, jdsabin1 said:

Wow that would be great! I just called the playlist 'Favorites' and it contains about 125 MAME classics. The static image I have and want to use is a CGI generated picture of an 80s arcade that I have always liked. Thanks!  

Hi @jdsabin1

Here you are. Copy the uncompressed xaml file into the Views\WheelGamesView folder of the theme.

imagen.thumb.png.71ab452ce51f0a41e47605db6f3242a6.pngFor the cover image, rename the one that you want to "_favorites.png" and put it inside the Media\GameCovers folder.

imagen.thumb.png.e82101c84b71b661270c34f7c46d7b64.pngLet me know if you have any issue.

Enjoy!

WheelGamesView.7z

Edited by CMOSS
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dfmassi said:

Is there a way to have the background videos play without the washed out filter?  The videos currently appear very "white" and I would love to have them play as original.

Thanks

Hi! If you mean the scanlines on the Arcade monitor, then yes. Go to your launchbox/themes/Coinops installation, open the Media/Cabinet folder, and rename (to anything different) the images that start with scanlines.

Edited by CMOSS

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, akera099 said:

Excellent theme! If I may ask, is there a way to disable the "fade-out" to the background videos in the platform wheel? I'd like to always have the platform videos start immediately without a background fading out. Thanks!

Hi @akera099!

We will distribute the community theme creator files soon, so that you can change it to your will.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Update: I could modify the xaml file and achieve what I need (screenshot 4). Thank you.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this great theme. I have been recently upgraded to the BigBox and this is my main theme since then. The arcade themed clear logo gamewheel selection is what I was dreaming for and I got it thanks to you.

I have encountered a slight issue which might also be a design decision. The BigBox Menu text is clipped (pls check 1st screenshot). However, this might be because of my 1280x1024 screen. Not a big deal. I just wanted to inform you about it.

Now there is one favor I wanted to ask to you. As a 45 years old gamer, my eyes are not like they used to be. I can't see and distinguish images very well. I would really appreciate If the Vertical gamewheel icons can be bigger as a 3rd gamewheel option. (Please check the screenshots 2 and 3 for comparison)

If it's not much to ask. Please add a 3rd gamewheel option which has bigger clear logos (without gamebox) for me.

Thank you.

Yours Respectfully,
Mehmet Can ÜNEY

2023-08-07 01_24_11-Greenshot.png

2023-08-07 01_24_57-Greenshot.png

2023-08-07 01_24_57-Greenshot.jpg

2023-08-07 03_55_09-LaunchBox Big Box.png

Edited by StoneGolem

• 5 months later...
On 8/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, StoneGolem said:

Update: I could modify the xaml file and achieve what I need (screenshot 4). Thank you.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this great theme. I have been recently upgraded to the BigBox and this is my main theme since then. The arcade themed clear logo gamewheel selection is what I was dreaming for and I got it thanks to you.

I have encountered a slight issue which might also be a design decision. The BigBox Menu text is clipped (pls check 1st screenshot). However, this might be because of my 1280x1024 screen. Not a big deal. I just wanted to inform you about it.

Now there is one favor I wanted to ask to you. As a 45 years old gamer, my eyes are not like they used to be. I can't see and distinguish images very well. I would really appreciate If the Vertical gamewheel icons can be bigger as a 3rd gamewheel option. (Please check the screenshots 2 and 3 for comparison)

If it's not much to ask. Please add a 3rd gamewheel option which has bigger clear logos (without gamebox) for me.

Thank you.

Yours Respectfully,
Mehmet Can ÜNEY

2023-08-07 01_24_11-Greenshot.png

2023-08-07 01_24_57-Greenshot.png

2023-08-07 01_24_57-Greenshot.jpg

2023-08-07 03_55_09-LaunchBox Big Box.png

Hi, Which file did you edit and what were the edits you made ?

14 minutes ago, StoneGolem said:

Sadly, I'm in another city for a long time. I can't remember the files. 

No worries, the file is either WheelGamesView.xaml or Wheel2GamesView.xaml in folder /views, in my case it was WheelGamesView.xaml

This is section i edited - 

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}"
                    Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Clear Logo" CurveAmount="-3.0" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6"
                    CameraZPosition="3" ItemZPosition="1.4" SelectedItemZPosition="1.9" Spacing="0.8" RotationAmount="5"  RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>

Still need to research because if you change the - SelectedItemZPosition="1.9" to higher than 1.9 the clear logos get cut off either end, can anyone share what to alter to make the "wheel window" (don't know the technical term 🤭) slightly wider ?

done a little bit of tinkering, find this code - 

coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}"
                    Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Clear Logo" CurveAmount="-4.0" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6"
                    CameraZPosition="3" ItemZPosition="1.3" SelectedItemZPosition="1.9" Spacing="0.8" RotationAmount="5"  RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>
                        <TransformGroup>
                            <RotateTransform Angle="0" />
                            <ScaleTransform ScaleX="1.4" ScaleY="1.4" />
                            <SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />

changed <ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" /> to <ScaleTransform ScaleX="1.4" ScaleY="1.4" />

much bigger but needed to move the wheel to the left slightly as some logos got cut off -

<TextBlock x:Name="Prop_Wheel_X" Visibility="Collapsed">
                    <TextBlock.Text>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource ScalePropertyValue}">
                            <Binding Path="." Source="X;2376;3072"/>
                            <Binding Path="ActualWidth" ElementName="Canvas"/>
                        </MultiBinding>

Change - 2376 to 2276

Might still tweak it a little more perhaps 🤔

Hope this makes sense and will be helpful to someone on this awesome theme, all credit to COINOPS team and CMOSS for the BB port :)

screenshot.png

Edited by -neo-