LaunchBox Community Forums

How to add Teknoparrot to Launchbox?

legolas119

Hi, I would like to add Teknoparrot to LB and i saw some videotutorial, but it seems that there are several ways...so I have 3/4 questions:

1) During the import process, is it correct to import the .exe file of each game or its .xml file stored in the \TeknoParrot\GameProfiles path?

2) Platform: is it necessary to create a platform for each system supported in Teknoparrot? Or can I create a generci platform named "Teknoparrot"?

3) during the Emulator configuration, is it necessary to enter the string --profile= in the Command line field?

4) is it necessary, for each game, fill in its own Custom Command line with the name of the game which is present in the xml file in the TeknoParrot\UserProfiles path?

thank you very much!

56 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

1) During the import process, is it correct to import the .exe file of each game or its .xml file stored in the \TeknoParrot\GameProfiles path?

Easiest way, import the xmls.

56 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

2) Platform: is it necessary to create a platform for each system supported in Teknoparrot? Or can I create a generci platform named "Teknoparrot"?

You can Use any platform name. You'll likely want to scrape media as "Arcade"

57 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

3) during the Emulator configuration, is it necessary to enter the string --profile= in the Command line field?

Yes, if using the xml method.

58 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

4) is it necessary, for each game, fill in its own Custom Command line with the name of the game which is present in the xml file in the TeknoParrot\UserProfiles path?

No. This was only needed if you were calling the application directory and not using the emulation section.

1 - Generally you import a TeknoParrots .xml file or you create a .txt file.

2 - To which platform you import your games or how you call it is entirely up to you. As long as you scrape your games as Arcade. My TeknoParrot platform is called Arcade Recent in opposite of Arcade Classics (Mame).

3 - It is better. You could do that with per game custom command-lines. But then, every time you want to change the command-line, you have to edit all your games.

4 - ?

I share some screenshot with how I have configured TeknoParrot in LaunchBox and I will also share someone else's guide.

If you Have questions, ask.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/58920-new-fast-teknoparrot-configuration-method/

Schermopname (56).jpg

Schermopname (57).jpg

Schermopname (58).jpg

Edited by Koroth

14 hours ago, legolas119 said:

Hi, I would like to add Teknoparrot to LB and i saw some videotutorial, but it seems that there are several ways...so I have 3/4 questions:

thank you very much!

776495430_TeknoparrotuserProfiles.thumb.jpg.a286e05b385ae91ff95ef33ed8bdbaea.jpgThis Is My Teknoparrot Userprofile Folder. It Contains All The XML's Needed.

1898470701_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.8d369ac0d05e2126654976dc22afd266.jpgDirect it In Your Launching Area

1203667739_Untitled3.thumb.jpg.7d2fa84d1cc3ff21d1dc973fa79f429b.jpgLastly, Use A Custom Command Line Like Above starting with --profile=GAME.xml  no spaces!

try that

hi, many thanks!  I have configured my first game in this way, but the game doesn't start...

1) created a new platform named "teknoparrot", without any value in the Scrape As field

tek1.png

2) Added the emulator with its own command line:

tek2.png

3) added it as default emulator:

tek3.png

4) used the xml file stored in the TeknoParrot\GameProfiles path:

tek4.png

5) in the Emulation tab, added the User custom command line, with the copy/past value of the xml file from stored in the TeknoParrot\UserProfiles path:

tek5.png

But when i click on the game cover, it doesn't start...  I don't know where I have done a wrong configuration...

many thanks!

I was using the import text file method and it worked but for some strange reason the game was launching twice! I've just tried the --profile=%romfile%.xml method and it works fine but my games are still launching twice. Sega Rally 3 throws up a error, after clicking the game then loads. Daytona Championship USA runs two games at once, I can hear the music from the other game whan I'm playing the other one. Anyone any Idea why this is happening? cheers....

2 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

In the Add Emulator window, you have to check the three options below the default command line options. (See your second screenshot or Korth's example above)

thanks. Done:

tek2.png

now when I click on the game cover, it appears the Teknoparrot window:

tek7.png

but the game doesn't start...

here my Emulator configuration ( also tried to uncheck the check for updated option, but i still have same problem):

tek6.png

Is there anything that i can change?

many thanks!

I have another problem: i'm trying to import a game (Goketsuji Ichizoku - Matsuri Senzo Kuyo) and I already have this game for Taito Type X platform too, launched with TaitoTypeXtra emulator. But during the import process, LB move my game under the Taito Type X platform and automatically change the emulator (from Teknoparrot to TaitoTypXtra), I'm not able to keep it under Teknoparrot platform, even if i manually change again the emulator:

tek8.png

the N.1 is for Teknoparrot, N.2 is for TypeXtra platform (I have 2 different game version, i'm not using the same!).

How can I move the n.2 under Teknoparrot platform?

2 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I was using the import text file method and it worked but for some strange reason the game was launching twice! I've just tried the --profile=%romfile%.xml method and it works fine but my games are still launching twice. Sega Rally 3 throws up a error, after clicking the game then loads. Daytona Championship USA runs two games at once, I can hear the music from the other game whan I'm playing the other one. Anyone any Idea why this is happening? cheers....

In LaunchBox, check if you have command-line parameters in the emulator settings tab AND if you have per game custom command-lines. I can imagine, if you have both, that the game launches twice.

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

Is there anything that i can change?

Although you have posted screenshots, for me it's hard to keep track of what all your relevant settings exactly are. Headrush69 asked you to tick the "Use filename only without file extension or folder path", which you should. But lets take the game Blade Strangers as example. If you import BladeStrangers.xml as your rom, LaunchBox omits the file extension and only passes BladeStrangers to TeknoParrot. I have gotten around this by copying BladeStrangers.xml out of the TeknoParrot folder to another folder and renaming it BladeStrangers.xml.txt and import that .txt file as my rom. Then, if LaunchBox omits the file extension, it still passes BladeStrangers.xml to TeknoParrot.

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

I have another problem: i'm trying to import a game (Goketsuji Ichizoku - Matsuri Senzo Kuyo) and I already have this game for Taito Type X platform too, launched with TaitoTypeXtra emulator. But during the import process, LB move my game under the Taito Type X platform and automatically change the emulator (from Teknoparrot to TaitoTypXtra), I'm not able to keep it under Teknoparrot platform, even if i manually change again the emulator:

In the emulator settings for TaitoTypeXtra > Associated Platforms tab, check "Associated Platform" name. It must exactly match. You can also try unticking "Default Emulator".

To both Lukeyboy67 and legolas119. One advice I can give: As there are several way to configure Launcbox for TeknoParrot, pick a setup guide and do exactly what the guide says. If you combine settings from different guides (different ways of setting up LaunchBox for TeknoParrot) it won't work.

Edited by Koroth

1 hour ago, Koroth said:

Although you have posted screenshots, for me it's hard to keep track of what all your relevant settings exactly are. Headrush69 asked you to tick the "Use filename only without file extension or folder path", which you should. But lets take the game Blade Strangers as example. If you import BladeStrangers.xml as your rom, LaunchBox omits the file extension and only passes BladeStrangers to TeknoParrot. I have gotten around this by copying BladeStrangers.xml out of the TeknoParrot folder to another folder and renaming it BladeStrangers.xml.txt and import that .txt file as my rom. Then, if LaunchBox omits the file extension, it still passes BladeStrangers.xml to TeknoParrot.

In the emulator settings for TaitoTypeXtra > Associated Platforms tab, check "Associated Platform" name. It must exactly match. You can also try unticking "Default Emulator".

To both Lukeyboy67 and legolas119. One advice I can give: As there are several way to configure Launcbox for TeknoParrot, pick a setup guide and do exactly what the guide says. If you combine settings from different guides (different ways of setting up LaunchBox for TeknoParrot) it won't work.

Thanks.

I tried to copy my BladeStrangers.xml file to the ROM folder where I have the games folder of Teknoparrot and I renamed it as BladeStrangers.xml.txt. But i still have same problem: when i click on the game, it opens the Teknoparrot interface...I followed 3 different guide on youtube, but still have same result :( I tried everything, but it seems that the games can't start...

Speaking about my 2nd problem, i'm sorry but I haven't understood: currently, for TaitoTypeXtra games, I was force to creat a single emulator for each game. For Goketsuji Ichizoku - Matsuri Senzo Kuyo I created "Taito Type X19" emulator and I associated to this game the Taito Type X platform:

tek11.png

And the game works (see game N.2 in my previuous post).

When I import in LB, under Teknoparrot Platform, the game (but it is not the same folder, i downloaded a different version of this game!), the game is correctly moved under teknoparrot platform, but as you can see, it isn't correctly detected:

tek12.png

So i found in google that the right name for LB is: Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Matsuri Senzo Kuyou  (https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/51861). So I rename it correctly and i choosed this:

tek13.png

tek14.png

and LB automatically associates this emulator:

tek15.png

but it doesn't make sense, this emulator is associated to another game, En-Eins Perfektewelt in my Taito Type X platform!

tek16.png

and so LB move the game from Teknoparrot platform to Taito Type X platform... 

Even if I change the the emulator, the game still stays in the Taito Type X platfom:

tek17.png

I don't know how to solve this stupid issue :(

Well i solved the issue of launching games in LB with teknoparrot in this way:

tek1.png

tek2.png

I created a blanck txt file named as the xml file of the game (from GameProfile folder )  

tek3.png

and here I copied the xml name of the game from the UserProfile folder (sometimes the xml file isn't the same both in Gameprofile folder and Userprofile folder, for example Goketsuji.xml in GameProfile and PowerInstinctV.xml in Userprofile folder)

tek4.png

NOw I need to solve the issue related to the game that is under TaitoType X platform...but i don't know how...:\

We better deal with one problem at a time. First let's get TeknoParrot running in LaunchBox. Can you please edit your setting exactly like mine?

1005706209_Schermopname(59).thumb.jpg.cd6ed27ae8c6e698267249f77170c98a.jpgFirst add " --profile= " as a command-line parameter and make sure that under the command-line all 3 check-boxes are ticked. Then under the "Associated Platform" tab the Associated Platform name must exactly match with what you have in LaunchBox.

827107775_Schermopname(60).thumb.jpg.21d3701222ef849a1d2a7a0c608182e8.jpgCreate a BladeStrangers.xml.txt file and add it as the rom file.

507310167_Schermopname(61).thumb.jpg.2169b24ae4984b482636d82d3fae4947.jpgSelect TeknoParrot as the emulator. NO custom command-line.

Edited by Koroth

yes, confirmed, it works with your method too :)

And it works also with these 2 different configurations:

tek5.png

or

tek6.png

many thanks!

Now I have to solve the other problem. And I see that i have exactly the same problem also if I add additional games in Teknoparrot, for example Melty Blood Actess Again Current Code: if I don't search a match in LB, the game, without any metadata and extrafile, is correctly under Teknoparrot platform:

tek7.png

but if i try to link it to a LB record, like this one:

tek8.png

LB associates the game to another emulator:

tek9.png

and even if if i changed the emulator, adding again "Teknoparrot", tha game isn't moved under Teknoparrot platform:

tek10.png

It means that if I want the game under teknoparrot platfom, it is mandatory NOT to link it with an existing record in LB...but it is really strange!  See also my previous post where i reported another example..:(

thank you!

Your TeknoParrot platform, make sure to scrape it as "Arcade". I called my TeknoParrot Platform "Arcade Recent", so I can put all the newer arcade games (Sega LindBergh, RingEgde, RingWide and also other emulators than TeknoParrot) in one Platform. Just scrape them as Arcade.

Schermopname (62).jpg

Edited by Koroth

ah, I solved the issue in antoher way: when I import the game, LB associates Taito Type X platform:

TEK1.png

but if I change it to Teknoparrot:

TEK2.png

and it is ok :)

TEK3.png

Now I have solved all the issues with LB :)  Many thanks!

I still have to solve some issues with 4 games in Teknoparrot. Can you help me?  Here the issues, we can try to solve them togheter? We better deal with one problem at a time :)

1) King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition for NesicaxLive and Daemon Bride: when i start the game, there is a black screen in the top left corner and the game doesn't start

2) Battle Fantasia: the game runs perfectly, but the control input aren't detected. It seems that it is a known issue but i don't find the patch..

3) Chaos Breaker: this game has a lot of issues. It start only in windowed mode and if I don't apply the CRT patch. But in any case it runs with a high speed and then crashes. If I apply the speed patch, it works correctly, but in windowed mode (the screen is really little) and in really low resolution. If I apply the crt fix, it seems that it work, but the file of this patch overwrite the files of the "pseed patch" and so the game is still unplayable. In addition, the game isn't correctly displayed:

https://postimg.cc/yD7Y71pY

I tried several ways but i don't find how to fix them :(

5 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

I still have to solve some issues with 4 games in Teknoparrot. Can you help me?  Here the issues, we can try to solve them togheter? We better deal with one problem at a time

? If all LaunchBoxers pull together we can solve all the problems in the world! One at a time.

14 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

1) King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition for NesicaxLive and Daemon Bride: when i start the game, there is a black screen in the top left corner and the game doesn't start

2) Battle Fantasia: the game runs perfectly, but the control input aren't detected. It seems that it is a known issue but i don't find the patch..

3) Chaos Breaker: this game has a lot of issues. It start only in windowed mode and if I don't apply the CRT patch. But in any case it runs with a high speed and then crashes. If I apply the speed patch, it works correctly, but in windowed mode (the screen is really little) and in really low resolution. If I apply the crt fix, it seems that it work, but the file of this patch overwrite the files of the "pseed patch" and so the game is still unplayable. In addition, the game isn't correctly displayed

I am sorry, but I haven't got any of those games. But I can download them. But even then it would take awhile before we find a solution.

26 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

ah, I solved the issue in antoher way: when I import the game, LB associates Taito Type X platform:

TEK1.thumb.png.366f35b12b27d2eeffe5f6885b36dda4.pngIf I may make one more remark? If I add a game to LaunchBox, I do this by right clicking > Add on some empty space in the Platform I want to add the game to. This way the Platform in the Metadata is always what I want it to be.

9 hours ago, legolas119 said:

1219822620_Schermopname(63).thumb.jpg.f25d4858db2d7ca9006f7768f56cd804.jpgWhen I added The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition to TeknoParrot, TeknoParrot asked me to remove some files from the game folder. After removing the files the game worked. Daemon Bride also worked for me and after unticking "General - Windowed" in their settings both games did go fullscreen.

262926271_Schermopname(64).thumb.jpg.0ad8468e7f0e81be39b28064921eb6b5.jpgBattle Fantasia's controls worked for me. In the game's settings in TeknoParrot you must select the input API of your controller. I use a Xbox One controller so I have to set it to Xinput.

3) Chaos Breaker: this game has a lot of issues.

Chaos Breaker crashed for me with an I\O error. I have not found a solution yet.

Edited by Koroth

hi

1) King of fighters 98 Ultimate match final edition: yes I have already removed that files (there were only the GAME Loader RH files) , but when i load it, I have the black screen:

tek1.png

I tried The King of Fighters 98 and it works correctly.  Only Te King of fighter 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition Nexiva Live doesn't work...  Probably I need a better version of this game? Please can you tell me via PM where you downloaded your gmae?

2) Daemon Bride: i had same issue, but i solved, there was the antivirus that deleted the game.exe file as a virus! Now it perfectly works.

3) Battle Fantasia: i'm using the Logiteh Rumblepad and it perfectly works with every game, but it is necessary to set it as "Direct Input".  If I choose "Xinput" it is not possible to configure the button mapping :(

thanks!

Edited by legolas119