LaunchBox Community Forums

NEW Fast Teknoparrot configuration method

Mr.Miguardi

Hi!
I was searching for a fast method to configure Teknoparrot with LaunchBox, (i am writing some tutorial for my site) and every guide i found are using the "TXT method", creating a txt file for every TP games... it works but it's a useless work!

After some search i found this new method, i haven't found any tutorial talking about his so i decided to show here my method.

Add Teknoparrot emulator as always but in the "Default command line parameters" use this "--profile=%romfile%.xml" and enable all the 3 option below like in the first pics.
You need to inserti that command line also in the associated platform tab (pics 2)

After that instead of creating a txt file for each game, simply import the .xml file of that game placed in the "GameProfile" folder of Teknoparrot.
For those who don't know each xml file represent a game supported by TP.

Now you don't need to manually edit every game and insert his own command line parameters because it will load directly the xml file and TP will load automatically the game.

Maybe someone are already using this method, i don't know but i haven't heard about that.

1.png

2.png

Edited by Mr.Miguardi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That’s how I run most of my Teknoparrot games as well.

I think the .txt goes back to pre LB adding startup screens and using that method to work with RocketLauncher. I have a game or two still using that method as RL’s window hiding until game start works better for a few games  than LB’s basic timed hiding of startup screen.

Edited by Headrush69
Typo

10 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

That’s how I run most of my Teknoparrot games as well.

I think the .txt goes back to pre LB adding startup screens and using that method to work with RocketLauncher. I have a game or two still using that method as RL’s window hiding until game start works better for a few games  than LB’s basic timed hiding of startup screen.

I think TXT method still useful only for LaunchBox RL users for importing and creating the games list to pass at RL since you need however to configure each game manually .

Edited by Mr.Miguardi

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, i'm configuring now before games on TeknoParrot platform, but exists a general setting Joystick for all games  or i must configure it one by one game ????

It's incredible because i have more then 100 games and it's very hard to set all individually.

Any of you have a fast solution ??

Thanks...

I use pad of Xbox360

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, d8thstar said:

tried this method but i got an error message when trying to launch any game.  not sure what i did wrong, seems simple enough

What is the error you are getting?

That other method is nice problem is, if there is a game without an AHK script you have to remember to make one. This thread's method requires no making of additional files. Set the emulator up the way shown and then each new game just import the xml. Not saying "do not use it" just advising it has a down side. 

16 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What is the error you are getting?

That other method is nice problem is, if there is a game without an AHK script you have to remember to make one. This thread's method requires no making of additional files. Set the emulator up the way shown and then each new game just import the xml. Not saying "do not use it" just advising it has a down side. 

For the amount of new games that come out and people actually adding them to their system it's a 2 second job to just copy and paste the ahk's and edit accordingly.

Works great btw.

Edited by zugswang

1 hour ago, zugswang said:

For the amount of new games that come out and people actually adding them to their system it's a 2 second job to just copy and paste the ahk's and edit accordingly.

Works great btw.

Never said it did not work great. Only mentioned it has a flaw/deficiency. It is still extra steps to get something working that is not needed. I think we can move on and focus on the user’s issue instead. 

33 minutes ago, d8thstar said:

i'm getting this error...

An error occurred while trying to launch the game: The requested operation requires elevation.

Are you running TeknoParrot as admin? that would cause this error. Older methods for some games did require admin for TP. If you are using newer dumps and updated TeknoP that is not really needed anymore. 

• 5 weeks later...