LaunchBox Community Forums

How to add Teknoparrot to Launchbox?

legolas119

20 hours ago, Koroth said:
23 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I was using the import text file method and it worked but for some strange reason the game was launching twice! I've just tried the --profile=%romfile%.xml method and it works fine but my games are still launching twice. Sega Rally 3 throws up a error, after clicking the game then loads. Daytona Championship USA runs two games at once, I can hear the music from the other game whan I'm playing the other one. Anyone any Idea why this is happening? cheers....

In LaunchBox, check if you have command-line parameters in the emulator settings tab AND if you have per game custom command-lines. I can imagine, if you have both, that the game launches twice.

Hi, thanks for the reply. All this time I thought it was a Launchbox problem that was launching the game twice but it's not. I decided to launch the games directly from the TP Ui and the same thing happens! Just can't figure it out, here's a grab from when I run Sega Rally 3....any ideas guys?

Screenshot (48).png

Hi,

Unfortunately your screen grab does not show much useful information. But I can make 3 suggestions:

1) Shutdown all non essential programs, maybe another program interferes.

2) On this page, check if you have all the dependencies installed: https://teknogods.github.io/downloads.html

3) If the problem persists, download a fresh copy of TeknoParrot and let it update to the latest version. Then add a game to test.

TeknoParrot does not have much settings to tweak and I haven't read anywhere about games launching twice, so tbh. other than the things I just mentioned I don.t know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, this all looks straightforward but from my experience with the teknoparrot 'roms' I don't have a great success rate with getting them to actually work!! :) Anyway, that's not why I'm here - I thought I'd my working teknoparrot stuff into LB but I can't even get it to add the game .xml.  I go through the Add Roms option and select the file (<game>.xml), all seems to be going well until the last step where I would usually see the roms that are about to be added but that screen is always blank.  What am I doing wrong? 

I'm using version 11.9 of LB.  Cheers, Steven

blank.jpg

23 minutes ago, Koroth said:

Instead of using the rom import wizard, can you manually add the .xml by right clicking on your platform > Add?

Hi,  thanks for the quick reply - when I try that method I only see 3 options as shown in the attachment

blank2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Sorry to up a old post but I have an issue with TP in launchbox.

It's not the first time I add a game but with Goketsuji when I launch it in BB, I've a message "Game Location not set" but my game works if I launch it directly from TP.

In LB I put --profile=Goketsuji.xml and I created a txt file with the same name.

Anyone know ? Please

Thx

FYI guys, I have a slightly better solution. Was looking to add my own Teknoparrot games tonight.

image.thumb.png.09f6a4eac9f24bff6f2c562ae3546964.png

The above settings will allow you to use the profile files like ROM files, and will no longer require you to manually override the startup parameters for each game, or use text files, or any of those hacks (note the changed Default Command-Line Parameters field).

The only remaining issue that I'm running into is the fact that Teknoparrot won't read the Escape key to exit from anything other than the keyboard, so we can't use AutoHotkey scripts to exit it with button combos.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 12:07 AM, Jason Carr said:

FYI guys, I have a slightly better solution. Was looking to add my own Teknoparrot games tonight.

image.thumb.png.09f6a4eac9f24bff6f2c562ae3546964.png

The above settings will allow you to use the profile files like ROM files, and will no longer require you to manually override the startup parameters for each game, or use text files, or any of those hacks (note the changed Default Command-Line Parameters field).

The only remaining issue that I'm running into is the fact that Teknoparrot won't read the Escape key to exit from anything other than the keyboard, so we can't use AutoHotkey scripts to exit it with button combos.

Exit works well to me, but gives this error:

Captura de tela 82.png

I use this script to try to fix, but yet giving error:
ESCAPE::
process, Close, TeknoParrotUi.exe

ExitApp

return

Can you share your script, please?

Edited by sagaopc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi good day to everyone,  I created a bat File to simplify the importing as roms method, this way you just change the Application Path to the point to "TeknoParrotUI.bat" and you will not have to add "--profile".

1 Place the bat file in same folder as TeknoParrotUI.exe.

2 Edit Your TeknoParrot Emulator "Application Path" to the point to "TeknoParrotUI.bat".

3 In emulator Detail Settings, place a  Check Mark in  "Remove Quotes" "Remove File Extension and Folder Path" & "Attempted to hide Console window on Startup/Shutdown".

4 Import the ".xml" files of the games you already added to the TeknoParrotuUI emulator from "TeknoParrot\UserProfiles" as roms, when importing as roms make sure to leave them in the original location.

TeknoParrotUi LaunchBox.bat