LaunchBox Community Forums

LB and standalone MAME only

Joe35car

I was hoping someone could hell me. I can get the majority of my system working but only when I use RocketLauncher with Launchbox. I want to say for an example use Sega CD with MAME in LB. Works fine on its own but when I try to use it in LB it doesn't launch. What command do I need to place in the emulator section? I tried segacd - cdrom and nothing happens. 

54 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need to add systems to the associated platform tab for your mame emulator. Why you would want to complicate matters by using MAME for that system is more curious though?

It's just an example of a platform. Like CD based, cart based, tape based games. When I add to the associated platforms to use MAME they never work. I always have to go back to Rocketlauncher as my emulator for systems to work with MAME. All the help videos include Retorarch. I have no interest RA. I want to use standalone emulators like MAME and other emulators that MAME can't run.

I know some systems need bios. I have a complete set and can run any game in MAME. I'm just having a hard time getting the systems to work in LB. I can run them in RocketLauncher and MAME but LB is giving me issues lol. I will try to check/uncheck. Why do you use a different MAME for non arcade games? MAME can run both Arcade and non arcade games.

Edited by Joe35car

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

You need bios for every system and Mame needs to know where they are. Also, using Mame for non arcade systems requires different check box settings than for arcade games.

screenshot_611.thumb.jpg.f7b385e08ef184c4445d209eeded3e7b.jpg

screenshot_612.thumb.jpg.2c5cae208f3348ec6d35737fd2aa963b.jpg

OK if this is the case if I unchecked the box for MAME will it still work for arcade games and non arcade games? 

OK so far I tried two systems with success. Amstrad GX4000 and Atari 2600. Now this will be a little off topic but since I changed these two systems to use MAME only I noticed that the Bezels Project  don't work for the games. It only shows the default bezel for both systems.

Edited by Joe35car

11 hours ago, Joe35car said:

OK so far I tried two systems with success. Amstrad GX4000 and Atari 2600. Now this will be a little off topic but since I changed these two systems to use MAME only I noticed that the Bezels Project  don't work for the games. It only shows the default bezel for both systems.

How were the bezels installed originally? Did you select Rocketlauncher in the bezel installer? If so, you will have to reinstall the bezels and select native MAME in the selection section of the installer.

Actually I installed both. MAME and RocketLauncher. When I have everything running through Rl it worked fine showing bezels for individual games. Also worked if I ran MAME on it's own command line it would show individual games. When I changed a platform to use MAME only in LB the bezels will only show the system and not individual games. Should I just delete the whole bezel project and start over? 

39 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Actually I installed both. MAME and RocketLauncher. When I have everything running through Rl it worked fine showing bezels for individual games. Also worked if I ran MAME on it's own command line it would show individual games. When I changed a platform to use MAME only in LB the bezels will only show the system and not individual games. Should I just delete the whole bezel project and start over? 

I can't see starting over being required.

Where is your mame.ini file located? Is it in the ini directory under the mame install directory?

Yes I used the bezel installer and did RocketLauncher. Then after that I did the MAME one. Both were and are working fine unit I try to assign platforms from RL to standalone MAME. That's when the bezel will just show the platform and not individual games. Thanks for the response. I'll try later tomorrow. 

Edited by Joe35car