LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.9.1 - Progress Update 11

Hi @y2guru not sure if I should post here or message you directly, but a theme I created in your last stable release was working great, but with the latest LaunchBox 11.10 the VisibleCount = 0 gives back an error saying cannot be divided by 0 while in the previous to LB 11.10 it would work without any problems. Changing the value to an integer less than 0 also removes the Image to be displayed, and putting an integer above 0, adds multiple elements at once on the screen. Not sure if it's a compatibility problem or a bug, but thought I'd bring this to your attention for now. Do you know if there's a temporary workaround? Only thing I could do was increase spacing so only 1 element would be visible on screen, but animations differ 

1.png

Edited by nicolasonline
Forgot to upload Screenshot

2 hours ago, nicolasonline said:

Hi @y2guru not sure if I should post here or message you directly, but a theme I created in your last stable release was working great, but with the latest LaunchBox 11.10 the VisibleCount = 0 gives back an error saying cannot be divided by 0 while in the previous to LB 11.10 it would work without any problems. Changing the value to an integer less than 0 also removes the Image to be displayed, and putting an integer above 0, adds multiple elements at once on the screen. Not sure if it's a compatibility problem or a bug, but thought I'd bring this to your attention for now. Do you know if there's a temporary workaround? Only thing I could do was increase spacing so only 1 element would be visible on screen, but animations differ 

1.png

Probably best this is posted on the launchbox/big box forum,  if I need to patch something on my side I am willing to make a change based on that teams recommendation 

cheers.

• Like 1

Hey Folks,

What would be the best way to start learning and experimenting with the theme creator? Is there a video (or videos) I should watch first? Is there a template I should play with? I'm guessing there isn't a formal tutorial of any kind.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Hey Folks,

What would be the best way to start learning and experimenting with the theme creator? Is there a video (or videos) I should watch first? Is there a template I should play with? I'm guessing there isn't a formal tutorial of any kind.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if there's a proper tutorial out there just yet, but the theme creator is relatively easy to figure out. There's a theme included with the program called "Plain n Simple Community". I played around with that for a while, before diving into my own theme a little later.

Maybe a silly question - but I watched the latest video by Paterson - I'm a little worried about watching older videos (Faeran's last video is almost a year old) because it seems like there is so much development that the older videos would be outdated. Is that a legitimate concern? Is there one recent specific video that is a good one to start with? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Mr.Laor

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, Mr.Laor said:

Maybe a silly question - but I watched the latest video by Paterson - I'm a little worried about watching older videos (Faeran's last video is almost a year old) because it seems like there is so much development that the older videos would be outdated. Is that a legitimate concern? Is there one recent specific video that is a good one to start with? Thanks in advance. 

No need to be concerned, I talk with Faeran almost every day and he is testing my 1.0.9x build, he is also getting familiar with the new wheel settings so he's quite busy, but fear not as he is planning on doing more videos soon