LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing folder does not list games ready to import

wallmachine

Just now, wallmachine said:

try txt

This is why i asked you filetypes, its important, you neglected to mention .txt, but i see you have edited it in after initially just saying zip, so naturally that is what i tested. I know some file types are ignored when importing from a folder ( as not to import a bunch of unrelated shit like images and icons and such) i wouldnt be surprised if text files were also skipped for that reason. i'd have to check on that though. 

The primary reasons you would see this are:

You selected a root folder and all the games are in sub folders but you checked the "Scan only specified folder (no subfolder)" option
You already have the files in your collection (and don't have force import option selected)

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, runeblade said:

any solution to this? I have the exact same issue.

The primary reasons you would see this, as posted by @C-Beats:

On 5/9/2021 at 8:54 AM, C-Beats said:

The primary reasons you would see this are:

You selected a root folder and all the games are in sub folders but you checked the "Scan only specified folder (no subfolder)" option
You already have the files in your collection (and don't have force import option selected)

You'll also want to make sure that if you are dealing with txt files or something similarly non-standard, that you either drag/drop the files (not the folder) directly into LaunchBox, or add the files (and not the folder), if using the ROM Import wizard.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

The primary reasons you would see this, as posted by @C-Beats:

You'll also want to make sure that if you are dealing with txt files or something similarly non-standard, that you either drag/drop the files (not the folder) directly into LaunchBox, or add the files (and not the folder), if using the ROM Import wizard.

It's a net new installation of Launchbox where I'm trying to import Apple II or Atari 800, or Armstrad CPC, all platforms natively supported by Launchbox.

I've tried with and without the checkbox enabled for 'Search for game information in the local metadata database'
These have been my defaulting settings for other imported roms:

image.thumb.png.7e49e4fef6735806bd59733e699ece8f.png

I've select MAME as the emulator since it technically should be able to support it, and nothing shows up, consistently.

Instead of using MAME I selected retroarch, and now it shows up to import files (even though retroarch doesn't do Apple II? (supports it via a mame library in retroarch apparently)

But so far using MAME for anything that's not Arcade seems to be the evil do-er.

3 minutes ago, runeblade said:

But so far using MAME for anything that's not Arcade seems to be the evil do-er.

Correct, Launchbox does not support software list roms, which is what all non arcade games are.

You can try this Launchbox plugin below.