LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with getting my Marquee monitor to display in big box.

Maniac-Uk

21 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you try setting the marquee to a 720 resolution @ 60Hz and see if any change?

@C-Beats I doubt he is using a custom marquee view unless he created one. there are not any theme's posted that have custom marquee xaml's.

Tried 720x480 @60hz but no difference.

17 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Benjc also useful information would be. Are you seeing the black screen on all views? Are you using a wheel view when you see the black screen, or a text view? Is the screen black during both platform AND games views?

I’m not seeing any black screens as far as I’m aware unless you count my marquee screen being empty. If I alt-tab I see the correct marquee showing in a window somewhere (presumably behind the BB window).

I’m using a text view.

1 minute ago, lildivaaa said:

I have the same-type setup. To get mine to work, on top of the "options" settings to enable the marquee and which monitor it applies to...I also need to use an XML file to tell BigBox how I want my marquees to be viewed. I'll attach the XML code that I currently use in each theme I use. The XML file is called "GameMarqueeView.xaml" and is located in the "Views" folder in each theme.

<UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
             xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
             mc:Ignorable="d"
             d:DesignHeight="562"
             d:DesignWidth="1000"
             HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
             VerticalAlignment="Stretch"
             FocusVisualStyle="{x:Null}"
             BorderThickness="0"
             Margin="0"
             Padding="0"
             Background="#000">
	<Grid VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
        <Image Source="{Binding Path=ActivatedGame.MarqueeImagePath}" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

LB actually does not need a marquee view xaml. All themes that may not have the PlatformMarqueeView.xaml or GameMarqueeView.xaml present in the views should still show marquees due to how BigBox is coded.

So you have the same marquee screen type as the OP and it is the same resolution? If you remove those xaml files the marquee does not show for you?

27 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Benjc can you try this xaml. 

Just place it in the CoinOps themes \Views folder and see if anything shows up. This is just edited to work with cut screen that some users had the marquee image showing cut off.

Can you share a pic of what your screens look like when in a BigBox theme before testing this xaml?

GameMarqueeView.xaml 1.24 kB · 1 download

Sure, here’s pic of my screens- for testing purposes I’ve added a hideous purple/pink desktop background colour…

31A1C595-C447-4F34-906D-DA875851F0B6.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Benjc can you try this xaml. 

Just place it in the CoinOps themes \Views folder and see if anything shows up. This is just edited to work with cut screen that some users had the marquee image showing cut off.

Can you share a pic of what your screens look like when in a BigBox theme before testing this xaml?

GameMarqueeView.xaml 1.24 kB · 1 download

Adding that file hasn’t changed anything unfortunately :(

21 minutes ago, Benjc said:

Adding that file hasn’t changed anything unfortunately :(

I did not think it would, but at least we confirmed. Yeah, it looks like BB is not even seeing the screen is there as usually the marquee would be black if nothing was showing an cover that lovely color you used.

What model is that marquee screen?

@Benjc Could you try a non text view and let me know if that corrects your issue? I don't believe the way the marquee view is written right now that it will work properly in text views. We have made some changes to that system internally but they aren't in any public release yet unfortunately. That being said it should appear blank (forcing a black screen) when set up properly, and it doesn't even appear you are seeing that. Will you test the non-text views for me and see if see any changes, and also PM me your BigBoxSettings.xml (located in \\LaunchBox\Data])? I'd like to take a look and make sure there aren't any settings that may be negatively impacting your ability to see the marquee.

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I did not think it would, but at least we confirmed. Yeah, it looks like BB is not even seeing the screen is there as usually the marquee would be black if nothing was showing an cover that lovely color you used.

What model is that marquee screen?

It’s one I bought from China so not a brand name. Here’s a link in case it’s any help: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001659262454.html

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Also out of curiousity could you send me a pic of your Windows Display Settings like shown below. Curious how you have things set up in there and if that is playing a part in this at all.
image.thumb.png.e716bbc474fafab332c82d92bac23bf4.png

No problem:

62051E46-9A93-4142-9D25-253DBDC729AC.jpeg

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Benjc Could you try a non text view and let me know if that corrects your issue? I don't believe the way the marquee view is written right now that it will work properly in text views. We have made some changes to that system internally but they aren't in any public release yet unfortunately. That being said it should appear blank (forcing a black screen) when set up properly, and it doesn't even appear you are seeing that. Will you test the non-text views for me and see if see any changes, and also PM me your BigBoxSettings.xml (located in \\LaunchBox\Data])? I'd like to take a look and make sure there aren't any settings that may be negatively impacting your ability to see the marquee.

With the wheel still no marquee. Have PMed the file, thanks!

6 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I sincerely doubt it will, but does moving the 2nd monitor to the right of the first make any difference at all? I suspect right now the text view is the main thing causing your issues right now though.

Holy cow! That… actually did it! :o

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Benjc said:

Holy cow! That… actually did it! :o

W00t! Yeah. I've seen that cause issues with some frameworks and back ends. They all assume that monitors go left to right from 1-N. I didn't think any of our dependencies did that but was worth trying. I left myself a note to look into the possible cause of that. Thanks for bearing with me and testing everything. Helps a lot.

2 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

You can also re-arrange monitors in nvidias control panel, does that effect anything?

image.thumb.png.da84b2c77bc07e24c0011e64d6bdec69.png

Didn't need to go beyond the standard Windows display settings but good to know there's an alternative, thanks!

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

W00t! Yeah. I've seen that cause issues with some frameworks and back ends. They all assume that monitors go left to right from 1-N. I didn't think any of our dependencies did that but was worth trying. I left myself a note to look into the possible cause of that. Thanks for bearing with me and testing everything. Helps a lot.

This is interesting. My 3 cabinets work regardless of marquee screen position. Good to know this worked for @Benjc. Another option to try when troubleshooting anyone with a similar issue.

Just now, Retro808 said:

This is interesting. My 3 cabinets work regardless of marquee screen position. Good to know this worked for @Benjc. Another option to try when troubleshooting anyone with a similar issue.

Yeah, was a bit of a shot in the dark. Only even thought of it because I have some apps (Vpin stuff) that REALLY don't like it when they have to do negative position values which happens when you set up your monitors like that.