LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on Steam Deck

Cauptain

On 7/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, AbbieDoobie said:

Has anybody tried launchbox through proton? Sorry if someone has and I missed the reply! I haven't tested it myself as I don't yet have an SD card to fit my whole portable install onto.

There is an old version that actually does work, but it takes decades of tinkering to get it working, and performance is not great.

Check the Linux section of the forums for details.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Add me to another that would use LaunchBox on Linux/Steam Deck. My two pence: The Steam Deck is disruptive technology... You can see how other Handheld manufacturers a reacting to it. While I think Linux is very unlikely to overtake Windows gaming, the Steam Deck is proving that it can be done, e.g. Spider-Man Remaster. It's only going to improve as the technology matures (and Valve do look like they're in for the long haul on this one). I'd happily pay for an upgraded licence if LaunchBox was available.

• Like 2