LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get to the system menu if the hold back option is enabled

Knowcontrol

I'm unable to get to the system menu if the hold 'back' option is enabled but there is no keybind or controller bind. Holding ESC doesn't work. Holding 'A' (back button) on my controller doesn't work either.

Edit: I found the <RequireHoldToBackToSystem> element and set it to false for now until this is resolved.

Edited by Knowcontrol

7 hours ago, Knowcontrol said:

I'm unable to get to the system menu if the hold 'back' option is enabled but there is no keybind or controller bind.

Well yeah, you would need it bound to a button in order to use said button. Maybe when turning that feature on we should prompt for a button to be set there and then, in case users havent already setup a controller with "back" being defined, as if holding escape isnt working then users will be stuck never being able to enter the options without messing with xml files, @C-Beats.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Maybe when turning that feature on we should prompt for a button to be set there

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are you on one of the betas or the stable 11.13 that was released for a short while?

Tested a couple of machines and seems to be working fine. You have to bind a back button and hold the button for about 5 seconds if memory is correct.

Yep, there needs to be a notification. In my case I had a back button #2 set as well as ESC, but what I didn't know until reading these replies was that you need to hold it for 4-5 seconds. I wasn't holding it that long! It was the initial 11.13 release before you pulled it.