LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel goes missing

keithhov

For the past few months my game wheel goes missing in big box while in attract mode.   Sometimes it will happen in a few hours, sometimes days but eventually it will happen.  I have tried reinstalling and newer versions but the issue still persists.  I have a digital marquee and that goes missing as well.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts,  I am starting to think it might be a corrupt wheel image file or marquee file and it crashes when the file comes up.

11 hours ago, keithhov said:

For the past few months my game wheel goes missing in big box while in attract mode.   Sometimes it will happen in a few hours, sometimes days but eventually it will happen.  I have tried reinstalling and newer versions but the issue still persists.  I have a digital marquee and that goes missing as well.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts,  I am starting to think it might be a corrupt wheel image file or marquee file and it crashes when the file comes up.

Hi @keithhov. Are you using the default theme or another theme?

4 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I think that theme needs to be redone in the newer theme creator to work well.

The theme creator doesnt need to be used for themes, but it is a useful tool. The metallic theme however is very, very old and is in the "legacy" download section, it is there because it may have compatibility issues as its using such old framework, so it's not a surprise that it doesnt work correctly i'm afraid. It is exactly why it is in the legacy theme section in the first place. I would recommend using another theme, as that theme hasn't been updated since release in 2016.

it is not the theme, changed theme to default, wheel still went missing about 15 hours later.

Just to be clear it only happens when it is on attract mode.  This is on a cabinet with only about 40 games, some games have multiple wheel images and or multiple marquee images.  I think the wheel disappears from a bad wheel image or marquee image.   I imagine I am one of the few with this problem since I leave my cabinet on all the time and often will go a few days being on attract mode. 

I will go in and delete a bunch of the files and hopefully the wheel wont disappear. 

@keithhov I would test removing the entire folder of one image type and test. So maybe remove the marquee image folders (do not delete just move out of LB amd them test. If it crashes put the marquee images back and move the clear logos out and test. This way you can tell which image types might be the culprit. 

I run this same theme on one build and it has no issues on new LB build. 

Attract mode has been known to have issues when a user’s build has a bad video file or image file. So likely issue is a bad image as you mentioned. 

3 hours ago, keithhov said:

Thanks, I will do some type of action to narrow it down to see if its just a bad file causing problems, I will share if anything relevant happens.

Also if you have videos we know some .flv file types has caused issues when in BB is in attract mode. So I would remove those.