LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

@alexirae Unfortunately this error happens because of a broken device/poorly implemented version of the Android OS, as far as I can tell. I think you should be able to manually run the APK though from the LaunchBox\Updates folder.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, rvandesteene said:

Ya not sure what I am doing wrong for the Android games.  Evan when I favorite a game that goes away after closing the app and reopening.  My phone is a Samsung note 20 ultra running latest android.

Debug 2022-03-24 03-50-46 PM.log 315 B · 0 downloads

Unfortunately that log isn't helpful, but hopefully we can still figure it out. Where is your LaunchBox folder on your device?

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-10 is out now with the following:

• Platform theme videos are now available for download by selecting Download Theme Videos from the top right menu

• Platform theme videos can now be played in the background in the Wheel with Details and Text List with Details platforms views

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-10 is out now with the following:

• Platform theme videos are now available for download by selecting Download Theme Videos from the top right menu

• Platform theme videos can now be played in the background in the Wheel with Details and Text List with Details platforms views

I can't see the videos. The previous downloaded system image is showing over the video.

Screenshot_20220329-144223.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-144252.jpg

Edited by Nabizzles
Added Pics

Using fire stick, I can't get the beta to download. I tick the button and nothing happens. If I try to go back to the game screen, launchbox closes. I re-open it, and the beta box is unticked again. In fact, any time I try to change an option and go to the game screen again the app exits...

Edited by lovewiibrew

On 3/29/2022 at 1:37 PM, Mookdog said:

Still crashing when importing images in Mame

Edit : I am attaching another log bc Launchbox crashed while going through my Arcade Collection (Mame)

Mook

Debug 2022-03-29 04-29-53 PM.log 266.83 kB · 0 downloads

Debug 2022-03-29 04-42-55 PM.log 315 B · 0 downloads

I see one issue in one of the logs that I can likely fix, so I'll look into that. The other log is basically empty though, unfortunately. We'll see if we can replicate any MAME import issues.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:49 AM, lovewiibrew said:

Using fire stick, I can't get the beta to download. I tick the button and nothing happens. If I try to go back to the game screen, launchbox closes. I re-open it, and the beta box is unticked again. In fact, any time I try to change an option and go to the game screen again the app exits...

I believe this should be already fixed, but if you're stuck on an old beta, you won't be able to automatically upgrade. Instead, try downloading and installing the latest beta here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ab7qhgcjh29x6/LaunchBox-Android-1.1-beta-11.apk?dl=0

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-11 is out now with the following:

• Many customization options have been added to the platform/filter Wheel with Details and Text List with Details views to hide and show items and configure the background videos
  • You can now change the default version of a game by selecting Change Default Version from the game's context menu
  • Fixed an issue where importing MAME games was not excluding games that already existed properly (even when turning off duplicates)

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-12 is out now with the following:

• Fix for videos only looping twice and then stopping
  • Added the ability to edit videos in platform edit media
  • Fixed an issue where platform theme videos wouldn't download if they already existed
  • Fix for @Mookdog's reported crash above
  • Hopeful fix for the reported MAME.xml issues on lowend devices
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-12 is out now with the following:

• Fix for videos only looping twice and then stopping
  • Added the ability to edit videos in platform edit media
  • Fixed an issue where platform theme videos wouldn't download if they already existed
  • Fix for @Mookdog's reported crash above
  • Hopeful fix for the reported MAME.xml issues on lowend devices

That did it @Jason Carr that fixed it. Thank u so much I appreciate your hard work on this incredible Frontend

Mook

• Like 1

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to mass import customers game covers, or even if it is possible? I know that you can import covers individually, but don't know if there is a way to do so, in mass.

Thanks

15 hours ago, Vader said:

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to mass import customers game covers, or even if it is possible? I know that you can import covers individually, but don't know if there is a way to do so, in mass.

Thanks

This isn't quite as streamlined as it is on the desktop, but if you dump the custom images into the right folders, with the right file names, and then import *after* putting them into the right spot, the app should pick them up automatically.

7 hours ago, Ally68 said:

Request add yaba shanshiro 2 to sega Saturn platform

There are unfortunately known issues with that app. It won't launch games properly on Android 11 or 12.

@Jason Carr

need your attention on this:

I have some problem with the metadata xml, i have 2 device,
Device A(yellow) = rp2+ running android 9 (setup in earlier launchbox version, now updated to the latest version)

Device B(black) = Odin running android 10 (setup in later launchbox version, now updated to the latest version)

both launchbox folder is move to the following folder path:

http://storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/

i have the same rom set for device A and B, when i setup the boxart, i found Device B boxart image has many left missing, some game in device B is disconnected from the database, there are 2 condition:

A) i will need to press the search to connect back the game to the correct database (did not edit any information inside meta data, just press the search),
B) some game in Device B just cannot be match the database, but have no issue in Device A, even the game info is same between device A and B, device B just couldn't search the game in database

The metadata file for device A and B seems to be different, i copy device A metadata file to device B, and try to delete and reimport the rom set in device B, every things work well.

May i know why some of the metadata is not tally among these 2 devices? they are usually get form the same server, but the size of the xml just look different.

do you plan to put in option to check for update on the metadata xml file manually?

Sample Case:

I have the same rom list for this 2 device

You can see the Device B(black) has so much box art missing, some of these games is not recognize or not connected to the database

1649493167523.thumb.jpg.edaeb19fa6a1e5e10c3361adb9a1008b.jpg

search one of the game in database without editing any info
1649493167514.thumb.jpg.f2d05b862c75bd7e25242992161efac5.jpg

The boxart come out again,
but the device A(yellow) just work fine with boxart properly set up when first import game

1649493167507.thumb.jpg.ce25e0c35976678b239031a63d24d4f0.jpg

Edited by littlek4za
grammar