LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, version 1.1-beta-4 came out, as I'm trying to streamline the update process. Both beta 3 and beta 4 are related to that. What device are you using? We haven't seen that in any of our testing at this point.

This was posted in the discord this afternoon..

image.thumb.png.7cd0fdd33854d193df577b2bb9da19c5.png

11 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr I'm having a problem getting this latest beta to start. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it always crashes at startup. On a strange note, the file in my downloads folder indicates that it's "beta-4". And when I revert back to version 1.0 there's no issues.

I am also having the same problem. My Android device is still at version 10, I didn't want to upgrade to version 11 due to the problem with the new storage permissions.

Screenshot_2022-02-23-18-12-24-399.png

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 1:17 AM, Jason Carr said:

Usually this just means it was a corrupted download. Can you try again?

Thank you for your reply.  I downloaded it several times, but I got an error all the time.  I will give up using the beta version for the time being as it can be downloaded correctly from the download page on the web.

43 minutes ago, Swifty said:

I am also having the same problem. My Android device is still at version 10, I didn't want to upgrade to version 11 due to the problem with the new storage permissions.

Screenshot_2022-02-23-18-12-24-399.png

Thanks good to know. For anyone running into these errors, if you could please share your most recent debug log file from under LaunchBox\Logs after experiencing the issue.

Running Retroid Pocket 2+ (Android 9) and also on the beta update path.   Everything was fine until 1.0 but betas after have failed to install due to the same "java"? error.

I will see if I can get the log files and upload.

Logs added.   No idea which you need, there are loads.  So I added them all.Debuglogs.zip

Edited by spacemonkey
  • Like 1

With latest Beta 4 I am not able to change settings (in Options).

Well, I can but when ik back out, the app will close and changes are gone. I installed 0.42, made the changes I wanted and after that updated to 1.0 and after that to beta 4.

Still, though I can access my NAS with this beta on my Nvidia Shield and import the ROMs I am not able to play them. Launchbox says it can't find the location....

Edited by ZeroZorro
  • Like 1

Thanks all. Beta 5 is out now with a hopeful fix for the above startup issues. There were several different issues posted, so I'm not 100% confident that everything will be fixed with this beta, but I'm hoping so.

Please let me know how this beta fares.

If you're unable to update because you can't get into the LaunchBox interface, you can manually download beta 5 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzmzpzjmzcr1b4r/LaunchBox-Android-1.1-beta-5.apk?dl=0

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks all. Beta 5 is out now with a hopeful fix for the above startup issues. There were several different issues posted, so I'm not 100% confident that everything will be fixed with this beta, but I'm hoping so.

Please let me know how this beta fares.

If you're unable to update because you can't get into the LaunchBox interface, you can manually download beta 5 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzmzpzjmzcr1b4r/LaunchBox-Android-1.1-beta-5.apk?dl=0

Good news, beta 5 has fixed the problem I was having.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Have you posted that java error message? Can you post it?

Just trying to grab the text, so that I can post it.

There is nothing helpful in the launchbox/log folder.

The message is on the screen after the install.   It has an ok button that closes the message but I cannot copy it, as it won't allow click/highlight.

Ummm give me a few and I'll try to work it out

Edited by spacemonkey

8 minutes ago, spacemonkey said:

Just trying to grab the text, so that I can post it.

There is nothing helpful in the launchbox/log folder.

The message is on the screen after the install.   It has an ok button that closes the message but I cannot copy it, as it won't allow click/highlight.

Ummm give me a few and I'll try to work it out

Sure, sorry it's difficult. Can you screenshot it?

I can take photos with my mobile phone..  but they are massive in file size.. and it takes about 10 to get the whole error
PXL_20220223_204421200_MP.thumb.jpg.a153417352eef575a28f2640e30280c3.jpg

I'm just trying to edit the images to a sensible file size, so that I can upload the whole message.. if necessary.

Edited by spacemonkey