LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone feel the same way as me? The system interface of the Android version of launchbox is a bit too complicated. From the time I open launchbox to find a specific game, I need to open four interfaces, which will quickly kill people's enthusiasm for playing. None of the other front-ends do this. I suggest that the interface of all games, collections and historical records appearing separately in each kind of games be cancelled and integrated into the first interface. I hope the Android version of launchbox can get better and better.

8 minutes ago, wjs2555 said:

Does anyone feel the same way as me? The system interface of the Android version of launchbox is a bit too complicated. From the time I open launchbox to find a specific game, I need to open four interfaces, which will quickly kill people's enthusiasm for playing. None of the other front-ends do this. I suggest that the interface of all games, collections and historical records appearing separately in each kind of games be cancelled and integrated into the first interface. I hope the Android version of launchbox can get better and better.

Sounds like some of this is caused by your current settings. You can start a game with two presses of the "Select" button if your settings are set correctly. One to pick the platform, and another the game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, Jason Carr said:

We have two developers actively working on the next version.

How are things going with development? Any planned new features we can expect with the next release that we can know about? What's the planned timeline for release - Should we be on the look or for something by the end of the year?

On 10/20/2023 at 11:51 AM, cult said:

How are things going with development? Any planned new features we can expect with the next release that we can know about? What's the planned timeline for release - Should we be on the look or for something by the end of the year?

I second this, it's been over half a year since we got an update, I'm wondering if it's discontinued or not, on the page it shows version 1.10 to be expected sometime... but I dunno.

I feel bad for anyone who bought this in the past 6 months. I love it but sadly I'm bouncing back and forth between Daijishou. 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:51 AM, cult said:

Things are progressing well. With any new person there's always a bit of an adjustment as they get up to speed, but things have definitely progressed nicely.

22 hours ago, megadrive said:

Ahh great! Thanks! Any ETA's for 1.10?

We will have something, at least in beta form sometime soon. We are hopeful for this week.

• Like 2