LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox pause menu not opening with Xbox Series X controller

Hiltonium

I'm trying to set up the Pause Menu in BigBox. I can activate it using my keyboard (I set it to the P key), but not my Xbox Series X controller. I tried setting it to the Share button, but nothing happens. I then tried setting it to Start+Back, but still nothing.

However, the controller buttons I set are able to close the pause menu after it's open! This means it's just halfway working. I'm guessing it's some kind of window focus issue?

Any solutions? BigBox is fully up-to-date, and I'm running on Windows 10.

Edited by Hiltonium

• Hiltonium changed the title to BigBox pause menu not opening with Xbox Series X controller

I'm not real familiar with those controllers. How are you connecting to it? if by Bluetooth could you do me a favor and do the following steps:

Connect the controller
Go to windows search (can press Win+S)
Type "Set up USB game controllers", you will see a control panel option show up as you type it by the same name. Click on that.
In the window that opens you should see a controller listed there
Find the one that corresponds to your xbox controller select it
press properties
You should see a screen like the one below. Press the share button and let me know if any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen light up and if so which one.

image.png.6d6b2837b670777ded48de23b718167e.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I'm not real familiar with those controllers. How are you connecting to it? if by Bluetooth could you do me a favor and do the following steps:

Connect the controller
Go to windows search (can press Win+S)
Type "Set up USB game controllers", you will see a control panel option show up as you type it by the same name. Click on that.
In the window that opens you should see a controller listed there
Find the one that corresponds to your xbox controller select it
press properties
You should see a screen like the one below. Press the share button and let me know if any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen light up and if so which one.

image.png.6d6b2837b670777ded48de23b718167e.png

Yup, I'm connecting via Bluetooth. Looks like the Share button is Button 12. That's what BigBox displayed it as in the settings, too.

image.png.f55f17544531777179558c3ed3568444.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...