LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.3 - Progress Update 1

19 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Hey @y2guru, great work as usual, thanks!!

One question: is there any way to do something like this in wall view?

image.thumb.png.fe081cc9b466842815f1c37de39ca12c.png

Specific issues:

1.- I can't reduce the margin between rows (column margin can be kept to a minimum so is fine).

2.- I cant add more than 5 columns.

Thanks for any help!

I can’t see why not, hit up @faeran and he’ll help out using the new wheel code, which I don’t support at the moment but plan to once I get the new laptop

15 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

Thanks, any comment from @faeran is appreciated, also nice to know that your support will be there eventually!

My idea is to make something like this:

image.thumb.png.de56023112c6a98b0c48e7cd3078700a.png

But I can only get this as of now (using COMMUNITY )

image.thumb.png.82e151b24fccf18ad0d28d78c5a4d55d.png

This is definitely possible. Check The POC code as an example of this, as I have done something similar. Like @y2guru has mentioned, you will need to use the new wheel code, which is currently not available in the CTC. The way I handled this was to publish my theme and then manually replace the coverflow with the new code. This is what you can see in the POC code. Also, the documentation.pdf file (located in \\LaunchBox\Themes) also has some information regarding the new wheel and its properties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Papaw said:

Is it possible to pull a game title in the platform views? If so how? I don't see a way to do it with CTC

Isn't built into the CTC but you can use the RandomGame binding to access a random game from the platform currently being hovered over.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Isn't built into the CTC but you can use the RandomGame binding to access a random game from the platform currently being hovered over.

With the theme I just did, if there are no Platform Videos present it is pulling a random game video. What I was hoping to do, was a overlay on the video its showing to display it's game title on it. Yeah I know, that a bit much haha

Edited by The Papaw

6 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

With the theme I just did, if there are no Platform Videos present it is pulling a random game video. What I was hoping to do, was a overlay on the video its showing to display it's game title on it. Yeah I know, that a bit much haha

You can do that but not with Big Box default ImageVideoView. Would need to use the new FlowVideo controls to do that. It is possible though, just requires quite a bit more custom XAML to pull off.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You can do that but not with Big Box default ImageVideoView. Would need to use the new FlowVideo controls to do that. It is possible though, just requires quite a bit more custom XAML to pull off.

Can you point me to some info on the FlowVideo controls and how one would use them? Thanks for the replies BTW

Thanks @faeran  and @y2guru for your help!

Another question!
I have been searching for the best method to add background music to an specific view, I'm sure I'm missing something since the only way I have been able to do it is to use a video that runs in the background.

any indication is appreciated!

Edited by exodus_cl

4 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Thanks @faeran  and @y2guru for your help!

Another question!
I have been searching for the best method to add background music to an specific view, I'm sure I'm missing something since the only way I have been able to do it is to use a video that runs in the background.

any indication is appreciated!

New UI Element called User Defined Audio has been added to version 2.3.  Once i get my new development laptop i'll finish off 2.3 and upload it