LaunchBox Community Forums

new to launchbox, same issue with retroarch keeps coming

WillGr78

Hello eveyone, 

I keep looking on the forum but I feel there is something I do not get.

I've been configuring launchbox for a few months little by little, i'm loving it but there is an issue which keeps coming.

I try to use retroarch and launchbox whenever possible.

I have an issue with neo geo, the games launch in retroarch fine but not in launchbox, nothing happens whichever core I choose.

I feel it has something to do with the command line but I cannot figure it out. I am sorry if I have not been able to find the info on the forum.

thanks in advance if you can help me.

Edited by WillGr78
spelling mistakes

48 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Under your MAME settings, uncheck the following:

• Remove quotes
  • Remove space before ROM
  • Remove file extension and folder path

I have done this for mame but the games won't launch with mame, they launch in reto arch but won't launch in launchbox using retroarch.

@WillGr78,

if you want to use MAME set emulator in this way spacer.png

I'm using Arcade64 but I renamed the exe as mame.exe to get High Scores tracking in MAME from LB 

P.S.

I think the MAME core in RA is not as good as the standalone one. From test  I did I got better results running the standalone one

GREETs

44 minutes ago, WillGr78 said:

I have done this for mame but the games won't launch with mame, they launch in reto arch but won't launch in launchbox using retroarch.

You need to add Arcade to the associated platforms for Retroarch, it's not there by default, that's assuming you called the platform Arcade, if you called it something else you need to put that name in the associated platform tab. However i would personally avoid Retroaorch for Arcade and just use MAME.