LaunchBox Community Forums

I'm getting this error on Bigbox. Please help me !!

Yalcin Yada

Somehow it's looking for a file in D:\LaunchBox NoIntro\LaunchBox\Core\Themes\Unified\Styles\ListBoxItemStyle.xaml.  It's strange that it's looking for theme data in the core folder.  

You can try deleting the unified theme folder at ..\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified and redownload the unified theme.

Is that D drive an external drive?

LB does look in the core folders as it uses symlinks to many files, even themes. If that D drive is an external drive and is ExFat and not formatted NTFS that would cause the issues since ExFat does not have some of the features NTFS does and can cause issues with symlinks.

40 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Also i should add, we do not provide support for downloaded builds from the internet, which this obviously is with the path D:\Launchbox NoIntro, that's a colpipes build.

No this is original Licensed Launchbox and Bigbox I just started with Collpipes and licensed it

1 minute ago, Yalcin Yada said:

No this is original Licensed Launchbox and Bigbox I just started with Collpipes and licensed it

It is not the license it is the downloaded build. These at times can be a pain to troubleshoot.

Depending on your answer to my questions though we should be able to figure this out.

3 minutes ago, Yalcin Yada said:

Let me put it this way, when I first started Launchbox, I started with the collpipes set. then Bigbox and Emumovies I got the license and continued the original myself but the name remained LAunchbox no intro

ggsagsg.png

Likely cause is what Retro808 was asking about. Most of the time we see that error it's because the drive LaunchBox is on isn't formatted NTFS so the symlinks fail. If you can confirm that as the cause we can provide work arounds for you to help you get past this issue.

4 minutes ago, Yalcin Yada said:

Let me put it this way, when I first started Launchbox, I started with the collpipes set. then Bigbox and Emumovies I got the license and continued the original myself but the name remained LAunchbox no intro

We understand. Not the point of the issue though. Still need you to confirm what I asked about the actual issue so we can try to get you sorted.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Is that D drive an external drive?

LB does look in the core folders as it uses symlinks to many files, even themes. If that D drive is an external drive and is ExFat and not formatted NTFS that would cause the issues since ExFat does not have some of the features NTFS does and can cause issues with symlinks.

I created the Launchbox 4TB external disk in the D drive and EXFAT I guess

exxxxxcccdd.png

2 hours ago, Fry said:

Somehow it's looking for a file in D:\LaunchBox NoIntro\LaunchBox\Core\Themes\Unified\Styles\ListBoxItemStyle.xaml.  It's strange that it's looking for theme data in the core folder.  

You can try deleting the unified theme folder at ..\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified and redownload the unified theme.

I tried to download but still the same problem. I noticed something, I think this error occurs when my internet connection is cut off. Could it have an internet connection?

6 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Likely cause is what Retro808 was asking about. Most of the time we see that error it's because the drive LaunchBox is on isn't formatted NTFS so the symlinks fail. If you can confirm that as the cause we can provide work arounds for you to help you get past this issue.

D Drive is EXFAT

1 minute ago, Yalcin Yada said:

D Drive is EXFAT

Then that is your problem. Internet connection has nothing to do it. We can't create the symlinks required to make the theme work. You can manually copy your \\LaunchBox\Themes folder to \\LaunchBox\Core\ and then mark the folder read-only. After that it should work. When downloading new themes though you will have to put them in both folders for the new theme to show up in Big Box and work

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Then that is your problem. Internet connection has nothing to do it. We can't create the symlinks required to make the theme work. You can manually copy your \\LaunchBox\Themes folder to \\LaunchBox\Core\ and then mark the folder read-only. After that it should work. When downloading new themes though you will have to put them in both folders for the new theme to show up in Big Box and work

I think I understand. Symlink accesses the folder but cannot read it. I will copy both folders you mentioned and mark them as read-only. Thank you

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That is the issue then. The recommended format is NTFS.

You can test getting it to work by copying the Themes folder from \Launchbox\ to \LaunchBox\Core.

Best option if you have space is to copy the data off that drive and reformat to NTFS.

I will find another external disk and transfer my files to it and do as you say. I will convert it to NTFS format. Thank you