LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't configure button 7 + button 8 (select + start) in game exit button combination.

Soomin papa

The gamexit button combination in the launchbox defaults to button 7 + button 8 (select + start) by default.
After clearing this and deleting it, when I try to enter the button 7 + button 8 combination again, only button 7 is input.
Button configurations other than the above combinations are entered normally.
This is the same bug in both launchbox and bigbox.

And I'm curious that the game controller button mapping in the launch box is not shared with the big box.

Why is it a separate, independent setting?

3 hours ago, Soomin papa said:

when I try to enter the button 7 + button 8 combination again, only button 7 is input.

It works for me when I hold down the Select button while pressing Start.

20 minutes ago, *D1sk* said:

But the same keybinding in Bigbox  menu, select and start for exit doens`t work

In BigBox make sure you map your exit button (combo) to "Close the Active Window".

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Koroth가 말했듯이 바인딩이 버튼 7 + 버튼 8로 설정되도록 하려면 선택 버튼을 누른 상태에서 시작을 누른 다음 둘 다 놓아야 합니다.

The way you say works fine for select buttons and non-start buttons.
However, there is a bug that the select button and the start button cannot be applied.
actually try it
If you press the start button while pressing the select button and release it at the same time, only the select button is registered.

Conversely, if you press the select button while pressing the start button and release it at the same time, only the start button is registered.

This only happens when you try a combination of the select button and the start button.

42 minutes ago, Soomin papa said:

The way you say works fine for select buttons and non-start buttons.
However, there is a bug that the select button and the start button cannot be applied.
actually try it
If you press the start button while pressing the select button and release it at the same time, only the select button is registered.

Conversely, if you press the select button while pressing the start button and release it at the same time, only the start button is registered.

This only happens when you try a combination of the select button and the start button.

What controller are you using?

Just tested on several builds and no issues binding that button combo.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

What controller are you using?

Just tested on several builds and no issues binding that button combo.

I use a gamesir t1s gamepad.
I am using this pad in xbox mode.

The function of combining the select button and the start button at the same time on this pad is not performed.
Except for the start button, the combination of the select button and other buttons works just fine.
Conversely, except for the select button, the combination of the start button and other buttons works well.

GameSir-T1s-PC-VR-TV-PS3.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah no issues here either, in Launchbox or Bigbox, have you confirmed in another app/game that your button does in fact work?

image.thumb.png.87dd0dca51460c3a4d7878a87a509856.png

image.thumb.png.af547e14b5078193dab0e781dd4b7f20.png  

I use a gamesir t1s gamepad.
I am using this pad in xbox mode.

The function of combining the select button and the start button at the same time on this pad is not performed.
Except for the start button, the combination of the select button and other buttons works just fine.
Conversely, except for the select button, the combination of the start button and other buttons works well.
I used the binding function of the select button and the start button normally in the batocera emulator with this gamepad.

GameSir-T1s-PC-VR-TV-PS3.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

If you delete (backup to somewhere else) InputBindings.xml from the LaunchBox\Data folder, LaunchBox will create a new InputBindings.xml upon reboot with the default bindings. You will have to remap the changes you've made to the default bindings. This applies to LaunchBox and BigBox.

Edited by Koroth

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 2:57 AM, Koroth said:

In BigBox make sure you map your exit button (combo) to "Close the Active Window".

The binding is not the problem the button 7 and 8 are also displayed in the sense in Bigbox. But then in Game they just do not work. Tested with Mame, Gamboy, Nintendo etc.
I have tried things with both press at the same time, first select hold down and then start. Everything did not work. As a controller I use the new xbox virless controller, win 11 launchbox 12.5.
I have the same behavior on the test PC there it is a wired xbox360 controller. Also there in Bigbox when I started the game it does not respond to start and select for exit.

Another question.
To which button do you bind the pause screen?
Because with button no. 1
The can not bind and always opens me so a whole graphics AMD settings page.
The same with the No. 2 the can also not bind and starts a screen recording from AMD. But I have never configured anywhere so.

Start and Select are often used in Windows Game to get into settings and other configuration menu of the game.

grafik.thumb.png.cf20eb30c0428eb90d7bdafc2a6d3a93.png