LaunchBox Community Forums

Dreamstate's - 4K and 8K - Realistic Vertical MAME Overlays

Dreamstate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, can you please include the artwork without the scratches and reflections. It looks cool and all but the original artwork on the control panel is covered up by the marquee image. I know you're doing this in your free time without compensation but it would be appreciated to have the option to choose a view without the enbellishments. Thanks in advance.Ā 

First let me say thanks for the detailed reply. I've seen your posts and restoration work over at Mameworld over the past few years and I appreciate your extremely generous contributions. I was just following up on the same request from almost a month ago where you said "Sure. I'll include that as an option going forward." The artwork you've created looks amazing. I was simply asking if you could also include a version which didn't have Mr. Retrolusts scratched reflection mask applied.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I am trying to learn how to create my own overlays. I edited the Puckman overlay to remove as much as I could with my current skill set.Ā 

1959378637_PuckmanNoReflection-Copy.thumb.png.7c34fa76fd5431030fa513aa845a1e98.png

Thanks again for your artwork contributions.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by NeoKarnage
  • Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zaccaria Mr.Do! 8k

Note: Last update to this overlay, I promise. I added the authentic Zaccaria Mr.Do! Instructions card. I restored a scan of it yesterday provided by Paul Swan. The old one on this overlay was a Universal instructions card that was altered to fit the Zaccaria Starsplash bezel that went with the Zaccaria Mr.Do! cabinets.

Enjoy.

Mr.Do! 1080 .png

mrdo.zip

Edited by Dreamstate
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zaccaria Puck Man 8k

I'm including the Zaccaria horizontal overlay I made a while back in this zip. The cab sides were made by Orionsangel and the arcade reflection is by Mr. RetroLust.Ā 

Note: I had to change the name of the zip file to pacman to get the site to upload it. I tried 10 times and noticed it uploaded every other file i threw at it except this one. I changed the name just to see if it would upload and BAM, done. I don't know what's going on with the site but whatever. Simply change the name of the zip file to puckman.zip and you should be good to go. Everything inside the zip is fine. I replaced the arcade reflection from Mr.RetroLust on the vertical overlay with my own.

2 copy.png

1.png

pacman.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Zero Hour 8k

I cleaned and restored all the scans for this overlay and decided to throw it all together for a different look where the artwork is presented fully and flat as it was made by the artist. At some point I'll create a vertical overlay for Zero Hour in the usual style I post here. I just thought this looked cool.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Universal Zero Hour.png

zerohour.zip

Edited by Dreamstate
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Favela_King said:

I am blown away with these vertical bezels, I put my 32 inch vertically and using these is by far the most amazing experience.

Any plans on doing even more of these? I already have your whole collection!

You helped me a lot by doing these, to go thru problems of life so thanks!!

Ā 

Glad you like them.

Ā 

I'll continue these when I can. The next month is going to be busy for me but after that if things aren't too crazy I'll complete a bunch i have almost completed like the Rock-Ola series and more Zaccaria cabs.Ā