LaunchBox Community Forums

Dreamstate's - 4K and 8K - Realistic Vertical MAME Overlays

Dreamstate

• 3 weeks later...

I can't imagine how much time you spend making these works of art... Thank you for sharing such wonders with the community !

For my personal use I have updated their .lay files with the new artwork system (MAME 0.226 onwards). I took the opportunity to repair the volcano buttons in Missile Command and Tempest that now have working lights. If you want, I can post those updated versions here or send them to you in PM.

Edited by kloug666
typo
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, kloug666 said:

I can't imagine how much time you spend making these works of art... Thank you for sharing such wonders with the community !

For my personal use I have updated their .lay files with the new artwork system (MAME 0.226 onwards). I took the opportunity to repair the volcano buttons in Centiped, Missile Command and Tempest that now have working lights. If you want, I can post those updated versions here or send them to you in MP.

Glad you like em. Hundreds of hours, weeks of time are spent on some as I have to create multiple parts from scratch. For example, Zaccaria Space Pirate is a cab I want to make a mame overlay for next and making the pieces I didn't have scans of took me roughly 3 weeks of 10 hour days to make. Then I had to find the cpo scan and restore that. I waited for 2 years to get that final piece as there's only 2 or 3 cabs  in existance. The overlay will probably take another 12hour work day to complete. This guy from Italy took all my artwork and made himself a new Space Pirate cab. 

If you like you can upload them all in a single post here. I myself haven't been able to update my mame since .200 as I only have a 32 bit PC and the mame devs only support 64 bit now. 

received_640544027607758.jpeg

Edited by Dreamstate
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 10:42 AM, Dreamstate said:

If you like you can upload them all in a single post here. I myself haven't been able to update my mame since .200 as I only have a 32 bit PC and the mame devs only support 64 bit now. 

I too have a special nostalgia for the old Zaccaria cabs. Those were bootlegs with top-notch art 😊

The care you put into making these artworks is impressive, thank you again.

Here is a big package with all your updated artworks and a tiny one including only Missile Command and Tempest with illuminated push-buttons, compatible with the older version of MAME you use.

in case it could be useful to you, you can always find the latest versions of MAME compiled in 32 bit at the bottom of this repository => https://www.progettosnaps.net/MAME/

336011494_MissileCommandTempest-FixedPre_0.226.7z

Dreamstate-Vertical-Artworks-MAME_0.250.7z

Edited by kloug666
Updated big pack to MAME 0.250
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this collection. Some fabulous work here, the illumination of the marquees is outstanding.  I sometimes slightly re-crop these to fit in with my own private set-up, trying to not diminish the overall effect!

I like to 'design' my own bezels too, but use proper photographs found online (!) when I find decent quality images, that need minimal 'cleaning'!

Im not up to designing my own off the bat, like these !

I'm a big fan of the Zaccaria stuff too. It takes me back to my mis-spent youth in smokey cafes/arcades !

Could I put in a 'request' for you to make your magic with the Zaccaria 'Moon Crest' (not Moon CrestA'!) bezel ?

I don't know what the rules are here, but thought I'd ask anyway!

Thank you for your work, Dreamstate. It's much appreciated !

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, JackR said:

Thank you for this collection. Some fabulous work here, the illumination of the marquees is outstanding.  I sometimes slightly re-crop these to fit in with my own private set-up, trying to not diminish the overall effect!

I like to 'design' my own bezels too, but use proper photographs found online (!) when I find decent quality images, that need minimal 'cleaning'!

Im not up to designing my own off the bat, like these !

I'm a big fan of the Zaccaria stuff too. It takes me back to my mis-spent youth in smokey cafes/arcades !

Could I put in a 'request' for you to make your magic with the Zaccaria 'Moon Crest' (not Moon CrestA'!) bezel ?

I don't know what the rules are here, but thought I'd ask anyway!

Thank you for your work, Dreamstate. It's much appreciated !

I managed to get the Moon Crest CPO I needed and I'm restoring it right now. Pretty shocked to get it since theres only a handful of these cabs left. So I'll be making an overlay using all the rest of the artwork I've restored shortly. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

Whoa! I wasn't expecting to hear this tonight !   This is great news, Dreamstate. How fascinating, and a blast from the past for me.

I'm sure you'll be able to create something splendid of your usual high standard.

Looking forward to seeing the finished job.

Thank you for your efforts !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...