LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to have videos on marquee for platforms/playlists?

Johnny T

Hi all,

I know that from v12 there was the ability to have video marquees for games. I wondered if it's possible to have video marquees for platforms/playlists?

And, if so, how I go about it? I wanted a video marquee for Arcade Classics (playlist). I made a "Marquee" folder in the \Videos\Playlists\ but no joy?

So, I've so far tried...

\Videos\Playlists\Marquee\Arcade Classics.mp4

\Videos\Playlists\Arcade Classics\Marquee\Arcade Classics.mp4

But no joy?

Is it possible?

Thanks

43 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

It's possible but would require a theme to do it as LaunchBox currently does not have native support for Platform/Category/Playlist Marquee videos.

Thanks for that. It's not something I'm desperate for but just didn't want to waste time trying to get it to work if it's not baked into the software yet. Thanks for saving me the time and trouble. Much appreciated 🙂

8 minutes ago, Huntsmiester said:

I was just going to ask the same question. I will play in the theme creator and see if I can figure it out.

Please let me know if you get anywhere with it. I'd started messing around with Camtasia last night and managed to take a 16:3 ratio section out of my Arcade Platform video snap which will play really well on my marquee (if I could get it to show videos). If I can get it working then I'll carry on making other platform/playlist videos. 🙂

21 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Please let me know if you get anywhere with it. I'd started messing around with Camtasia last night and managed to take a 16:3 ratio section out of my Arcade Platform video snap which will play really well on my marquee (if I could get it to show videos). If I can get it working then I'll carry on making other platform/playlist videos. 🙂

So it looks like the ability to add videos to playlist marquee's isn't available in the Theme Creator and hopefully it gets added in the next update as it will be a great addition to my cabinet.

42 minutes ago, Huntsmiester said:

So it looks like the ability to add videos to playlist marquee's isn't available in the Theme Creator and hopefully it gets added in the next update as it will be a great addition to my cabinet.

Yep, fingers crossed :) Especially with the new Marquee screen settings that have been released with LB v12.7 :) 

• Game On 1

• 5 months later...

in fact what is great is that the big box auto generates marquee according to the media that you have integrated into your set up, depending on where you are, it displays the corresponding media so from there you can do just about anything you want 🙂 Look it's a little demo on the castlevania ultima ( in french), even if I use a 4:3 to make the demo the principle is the same, you can adjust the size in the section marked in the options;)

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 5:56 AM, Johnny T said:

Hi all,

I know that from v12 there was the ability to have video marquees for games. I wondered if it's possible to have video marquees for platforms/playlists?

And, if so, how I go about it? I wanted a video marquee for Arcade Classics (playlist). I made a "Marquee" folder in the \Videos\Playlists\ but no joy?

So, I've so far tried...

\Videos\Playlists\Marquee\Arcade Classics.mp4

\Videos\Playlists\Arcade Classics\Marquee\Arcade Classics.mp4

But no joy?

Is it possible?

Thanks

I got platform videos to work in the marquee  but it pulls from the videos\platform folder is there a way to have it look in videos\platform\marquee  ?

i edited the PlatformMarqueeView.xml starting with line 92 

<coverFlow:FlowImage x:Name="BannerImage" CreateFallbackImage="False" DataContext="{Binding SelectedPlatform}" ImageType="Banner" Stretch="Uniform" StretchDirection="Both"
            HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" UseImageCache="False" />
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

I replaced all the code to the end with this code

<coverFlow:FlowImage x:Name="BannerImage" CreateFallbackImage="False" DataContext="{Binding SelectedPlatform}" ImageType="Banner" Stretch="Fill" StretchDirection="Both"
            HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" UseImageCache="False" />
        <coverFlow:FlowImage x:Name="MarqueeImage" CreateFallbackImage="False" DataContext="{Binding SelectedPlatform}" ImageType="Marquees" Stretch="Fill" StretchDirection="Both"
            HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality">
            <coverFlow:FlowImage.Style>
                <Style TargetType="{x:Type coverFlow:FlowImage}">
                    <Setter Property="LoadImage" Value="False"/>
                    <Style.Triggers>
                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=MarqueeVideo, Path=HasVideo}" Value="False">
                            <Setter Property="LoadImage" Value="True"/>
                        </DataTrigger>
                    </Style.Triggers>
                </Style>
            </coverFlow:FlowImage.Style>
        </coverFlow:FlowImage>
        <coverFlow:FlowVideo x:Name="MarqueeVideo" VideoType="Marquee" DataContext="{Binding SelectedPlatform}" PlayVideo="True"  StretchVideo="True" PlayAudio="False" FallbackToDefault="False">
            <coverFlow:FlowVideo.Style>
                <Style TargetType="{x:Type coverFlow:FlowVideo}">
                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible"/>
                    <Style.Triggers>
                        <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=HasVideo}" Value="False">
                            <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Hidden"/>
                        </DataTrigger>
                    </Style.Triggers>
                </Style>
            </coverFlow:FlowVideo.Style>
        </coverFlow:FlowVideo>
   </Grid>
</UserControl>

unfortunately i dont know how to change the video data path.  any one know>?

Edited by teamgt19

• 1 month later...

@Superrob3000 did a plugin that allows for this. Here's the link to the forum page with it.

3rd Screen Plugin

He's done a stellar job. Now the next step is people creating lots of marquee videos for both games and platforms.

@PhilboBaggins has a nice game marquee collection here.

I've just started playing around with this process myself and cant wait to see more media packs created for those of us with dynamic marquees. I made this one for Turtles recently because...well who wouldn't want the cartoon intro as the marquee?!