LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified CTC - [Theme Workshop]

faeran

Unified CTC - [Theme Workshop]

View File

Unified CTC was built during a Theme Workshop live stream. If you are interested in creating themes, subscribe to the Unbroken Software YouTube channel.

Unified CTC

This is a direct port of the great Unified theme's original port by CriticalCid. The benefit here is you can now load up this theme inside of the COMMUNITY Theme Creator.

Watch this theme being built:

Credits

COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru. Find it here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/
Rincewind's awesome character graphic's pack is included (at a much reduced resolution)
Subscribe to catch future live stream: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate a quick question.

I'm using your theme to recreate Unified Refried.  That has separate views for each platform due to some the video border sizes and text colours ect being different so i see under configuration i can copy the default view into each platform i need and then edit the video to fit the border.

My question is can you mass edit the views in one go if i need to change anything in the future rather doing each view one by one?

Edited by PaulyC

48 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Hi mate a quick question.

I'm using your theme to recreate Unified Refried.  That has separate views for each platform due to some the video border sizes and text colours ect being different so i see under configuration i can copy the default view into each platform i need and then edit the video to fit the border.

My question is can you mass edit the views in one go if i need to change anything in the future rather doing each view one by one?

If you decide to create Platform Specific game views, then one of the drawbacks you are seeing is that you have to edit them on an individual basis.

This is just because they are literally different views at this point, that are not connected in any way.

Always more convenient if you can figure out how to make it work in one view.

15 hours ago, faeran said:

If you decide to create Platform Specific game views, then one of the drawbacks you are seeing is that you have to edit them on an individual basis.

This is just because they are literally different views at this point, that are not connected in any way.

Always more convenient if you can figure out how to make it work in one view.

OK thanks.  I don't think 1 view is possible with this (with my limited knowledge anyway lol) as there are a few things that need to be changed depending on the platform.  Ill just make sure i have my default view set up perfectly before i copy it over to the rest.

Sorry for polluting your thread but i have a couple more questions.   You gave me this code in the refried thread to have the opacity lowered on logos that werent selected but im struggling to set a animation for that to work with CTC.

Also i have made changes to your Platform view but they dont update when i run bigbox, any idea whyt that could be?

5 hours ago, PaulyC said:

OK thanks.  I don't think 1 view is possible with this (with my limited knowledge anyway lol) as there are a few things that need to be changed depending on the platform.  Ill just make sure i have my default view set up perfectly before i copy it over to the rest.

Sorry for polluting your thread but i have a couple more questions.   You gave me this code in the refried thread to have the opacity lowered on logos that werent selected but im struggling to set a animation for that to work with CTC.

Also i have made changes to your Platform view but they dont update when i run bigbox, any idea whyt that could be?

The CTC doesn't currently have support for that type of Wheel. It's being worked on, but will definitely be a while before you can use that code within the CTC.

You'll have to be more specific regarding changes that aren't showing up. Maybe screenshots would help.

41 minutes ago, faeran said:

The CTC doesn't currently have support for that type of Wheel. It's being worked on, but will definitely be a while before you can use that code within the CTC.

You'll have to be more specific regarding changes that aren't showing up. Maybe screenshots would help.

Is there any other way to get the wheel the way i want it?  the pic below is how i want it in CTC.

2110281553_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.2e601dda82fd70d137304943ab3329a7.png

Here's what i've done with the platform view.  Nothing changes at all when i load up Bigbox,  it just loads up yours even if i delete the folder in themes for it to create a new one after i publish

15772612_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.0cf1c59f59036a4c826c48a43559791e.png

18 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Is there any other way to get the wheel the way i want it?  the pic below is how i want it in CTC.

2110281553_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.2e601dda82fd70d137304943ab3329a7.png

Here's what i've done with the platform view.  Nothing changes at all when i load up Bigbox,  it just loads up yours even if i delete the folder in themes for it to create a new one after i publish

15772612_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.0cf1c59f59036a4c826c48a43559791e.png

There's 2 ways to do it, but neither are currently in the CTC right now.

• Using the new FlowControl code that I showed you
  • Using an opacity mask to fade out parts of the wheel

47 minutes ago, faeran said:

There's 2 ways to do it, but neither are currently in the CTC right now.

• Using the new FlowControl code that I showed you
  • Using an opacity mask to fade out parts of the wheel

OK thanks.

I sorted the platform view.  For some reason the view was showing in CTC but not updating the xml in the CTC folder or the Launchbox folder but deleting it out of the CTC folder has seemed to fix it

Edit:. it also seems to be the case with the default WheelGamesView

• 3 months later...

Hello , I want to ask if theres some users already handy with CTC that could implement some features within the Unified  Theme  

- Rom version info either displayed in the info tab or in the Game View info. 

Sometimes want to select other versions instead of the main rom all the time (like mks reptile hack etc. & others)

- 4:3 support i use a CRT best way the theme to look is 4:3 

• 2 months later...

ok theres a way to get the rom version info displayed into CTC or most theme but its a Really time consuming thing ,  In the LaunchBox Metadata of each game in the version Tab basically move over the info to the Title. 

It will the display the Rom version info in the theme .  But i like it for all games i have imported heavy task once its done