LaunchBox Community Forums

Manuals & extras on Launchbox

Hello,

Is it possible to have an interface with the game manual accessible through the game details windows ? The only way I found for manual is to right click on games...

Is it also possible to have link to extras (Gamebase alike) in the same Game details windows ?

Last question, I would like to have the story/detail/photos of platforms computer/console when I click in the side panel. It would be great to be able to have information on a specific platform..

I am not using big box only the windows interface...

Thank you

Edited by Adelyan
  • Like 1

• Adelyan changed the title to Manuals & extras on Launchbox
3 hours ago, Adelyan said:

Hello,

Is it possible to have an interface with the game manual accessible through the game details windows ? The only way I found for manual is to right click on games...

Is it also possible to have link to extras (Gamebase alike) in the same Game details windows ?

Last question, I would like to have the story/detail/photos of platforms computer/console when I click in the side panel. It would be great to be able to have information on a specific platform..

I am not using big box only the windows interface...

Thank you

The Steamy theme does have the ability to show your game documents within the game details view, but the default theme does not. This means that custom themes can provide this option.

Platform information is not something currently possible, but is on the list as something we'd like to do in the future.

Thank you :)

I have already tried the steamy theme but it brings one problem, the games details windows in on the upper side of the interface.

I use a widescreen and I would like to have the game detail at the right side. Maybe someone know a similar theme but with a right panel ? 

Very happy for the platform information, it would be perfect for launchbox as a retro database :)

Does a documentation exist for defining a custom theme (classic not big box) ?

16 minutes ago, Adelyan said:

Thank you :)

I have already tried the steamy theme but it brings one problem, the games details windows in on the upper side of the interface.

I use a widescreen and I would like to have the game detail at the right side. Maybe someone know a similar theme but with a right panel ? 

Very happy for the platform information, it would be perfect for launchbox as a retro database :)

Does a documentation exist for defining a custom theme (classic not big box) ?

In Steamy, the manuals are only displayed like Faeran is talking about in List View. In List View Game Details is the entire right hand side of your screen (not just the top) like you are talking about. That being said you don't get to see your box front images doing that so there is a definite trade off.

We currently don't have a theme doc written for LaunchBox, but should "soon" as the need and interest for one has been growing quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

A single-click link to the manual in the game details view would be excellent, rather than having to right-click on games and navigate sub-menus. 

As stated it can be themed in. Take a look at the Steamy code and apply it the custom theme I KNOW you're using... ;)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Acethor said:

I'm interested in setting this up for my collection too. How did you put those links under the notes section?

He put them under by creating a theme that does it. You can DL his theme or Steam to see how it's done. This will require premium license to do however.

55 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

He put them under by creating a theme that does it. You can DL his theme or Steam to see how it's done. This will require premium license to do however.

I'm on premium, so no worries there. I downloaded Steamy but I don't see it anywhere, though. Can you elaborate a little more on the steps? Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, Acethor said:

I'm on premium, so no worries there. I downloaded Steamy but I don't see it anywhere, though. Can you elaborate a little more on the steps? Thanks in advance!

You add this to your GameDetailsView.xaml file where you want them to show up and then add any other style/format changes you want to match your theme

<ItemsControl Margin="3,3,3,0" ItemsSource="{Binding Documents}">
  <ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>
    <DataTemplate>
      <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
        <Image VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Uniform" StretchDirection="Both" Source="{Binding Icon}"/>
        <TextBlock Margin="3,0,0,3">
          <Hyperlink Command="{Binding ClickCommand}">
            <Hyperlink.Style>
              <Style TargetType="{x:Type Hyperlink}">
                <Setter Property="TextBlock.TextDecorations" Value="{x:Null}" />
                <Setter Property="TextBlock.Foreground" Value="#A6FFFFFF"/>
                <Style.Triggers>
                  <Trigger Property="IsMouseOver" Value="True">
                    <Setter Property="TextBlock.TextDecorations" Value="Underline" />
                    <Setter Property="TextBlock.Foreground" Value="White"/>
                  </Trigger>
                </Style.Triggers>
              </Style>
            </Hyperlink.Style>
            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Title}" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" />
          </Hyperlink>
        </TextBlock>
      </StackPanel>
    </DataTemplate>
  </ItemsControl.ItemTemplate>
  <ItemsControl.ItemContainerStyle>
    <Style>
      <Setter Property="Control.Margin" Value="0,0,0,3"/>
    </Style>
  </ItemsControl.ItemContainerStyle>
</ItemsControl>
  • Thanks 1