LaunchBox Community Forums

Primal rage how to get working in launchbox

ericg384

Both of those games are rated by MAME as not playable, which is why they won't be imported during a ROM or full set import unless you uncheck the option to "Skip games unplayable in MAME".

Therefore, there are a few ways you can import them:

• Use the ROM import wizard and choose your primal rage ROMs (or drag and drop them into LaunchBox). When you get to the section called "How would you like to import your MAME games?" make sure to uncheck the "Skip games unplayable in MAME" option. You'll probably want to also uncheck to Create Playlists (unless you want them), then finish the import.
  • Manually add a game, type in the name of the title, click search for metadata and choose the correct game. Go to the Launching tab, choose browse, and select your primal rage rom. Go to the Emulation tab, and choose your MAME emulator. Optionally, go to the Images section and get yourself some media.

24 minutes ago, ericg384 said:

Thanks for the reply’s I have rage 1 working fine rage 2 is working also is there a way to bypass this screen in big box 

626380CE-52DC-4297-878B-FE574FBAE13A.jpeg

If you see that screen starting a game then the game is not imported correctly. Although i do see you are not using MAME, you are using MAME4Rage2 whatever that is, so could be the issue as it's not MAME and doesnt even have a proper revision version like MAME and it's Romsets should have.

Ok, so you're using a non-standard version of MAME.  However loading/running a game should be the same as it is for regular MAME.

Can you show a screenshot of your MAME4Rage emulator settings you have in LaunchBox. (Tools, Manage, Emulators, select your MAME4Rage emulator you have setup in LaunchBox).  Show the Details section and also the Associated Platforms section.

Also share a screenshot of your Primal Rage 1 games Launching section. (Edit the game and go to 'Launching')

22 hours ago, ericg384 said:

Primal rage 1 & 2 MAME how to get working in launchbox.

Just downloaded Mame4Rage and added it to LB as well as Prima Rage 2 and the game launches without issue. Here is how I have the emulator set in LB. Then I just edited the game pointed the game to the Mame4Rage emulator instead of Mame.

Are you having a launching issue or an import issue?

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 1.48.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 1.46.10 PM.png

14 minutes ago, ericg384 said:

So when I set this up as another emulator will this add another wheel? Just for mame4rage with primal rage 2 in it?  I Would like to keep it with the rest of the arcade games and not on it’s own wheel.

No. Adding emulators does not add wheels to BigBox. 

17 minutes ago, ericg384 said:

Sorry I was confusing emulators with platforms. anyway still getting this error maybe the chd? I used could that cause this error. It’s giving me this error though the mam4rage exe 

B07802BA-3CF4-4AB0-A280-75A3C005F705.jpeg

Thats not a error, its just the MAME UI, which means the game isnt being loaded just MAME is. If your rom or CHD was incorrect you would get a list of missing/wrong files from MAME, but you are not getting any error, you are seemingly just opening MAME without a rom being passed to it first.

1 minute ago, ericg384 said:

Whatever it is how do you bypass this screen? The game plays fine just this neg screen at first 

You have a setting in LB wrong.

Share the following pics.

In >Tools >Manage >Emulators edit Mame4Rage post pics of

1. Details Tab

2. Associated Platforms Tab.

Right click Primal Rage 2 and edit. Post pics of

1. Details Tab

2. Launching Tab

3. Emulation Tab

4 minutes ago, ericg384 said:

Whatever it is how do you bypass this screen? The game plays fine just this neg screen at first 

Thats what i'm trying to explain, you bypass it by actually loading a rom to it, which you for whatever reason are currently not doing. It's not a error, or a screen to bypass, it is simply the emulators UI without a game loaded. Could you please supply the images you were asked for yesterday if you actually want some help with this?