LaunchBox Community Forums

A Big Collection Games on LaunchBox

marcosgaming

Hi guys, i would to import all my pc games on LaunchBox. 

My games are in folders. Every game it's in a different folder with game's name. 

I would create automatically a list of files txt with names folder (games name) so I can import all txt files only for scraping and later I set all this games as not installed. 

How to do this? I can pass all list names on excel but I don't know how to create a single txt file for every game. 

Please help me if you know. 

Hello. That's not how LaunchBox imports ROMs. I strongly suggest organizing your folders/games as such:

• ROMs
    • Atari 2600
      • game1.bin
      • game2.bin
      • game3.bin
    • Nintendo Entertainment System
      • game1.nes
      • game2.nes
      • game3.net
    • Sega Genesis
      • game1.gen
      • game2.gen
      • game3.gen

Here is a Atari 2600 video that will be a very similar process for importing other platforms.
*This is a previous version of LaunchBox - your menus may look different.

Here is a playlist for LaunchBox Tutorials

Edited by Knowcontrol

40 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

Hi guys, i would to import all my pc games on LaunchBox. 

My games are in folders. Every game it's in a different folder with game's name. 

I would create automatically a list of files txt with names folder (games name) so I can import all txt files only for scraping and later I set all this games as not installed. 

How to do this? I can pass all list names on excel but I don't know how to create a single txt file for every game. 

Please help me if you know. 

LB has option to use the game folder name for scraping or the rom name.  So as long as your game folders have some semblance of logical naming then should get most for purpose of DB scrape. 

10 minutes ago, sundogak said:

LB ha la possibilità di utilizzare il nome della cartella del gioco per lo scraping o il nome della rom. Quindi, fintanto che le tue cartelle di gioco hanno una parvenza di denominazione logica, dovresti ottenere la maggior parte ai fini dello scrape del DB. 

Hi Sundogak. 

I know this but when I import games from LaunchBox I must select files and a lot of games has many and many exe or ISO or setup. 

I would import only titles as not installed for to do a beautiful scraping. 

I'm searching a best way for to do this. 

Maybe with editor vba on excel, I'm trying.... 

36 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Hello. That's not how LaunchBox imports ROMs. I strongly suggest organizing your folders/games as such:

• ROMs
    • Atari 2600
      • game1.bin
      • game2.bin
      • game3.bin
    • Nintendo Entertainment System
      • game1.nes
      • game2.nes
      • game3.net
    • Sega Genesis
      • game1.gen
      • game2.gen
      • game3.gen

Here is a Atari 2600 video that will be a very similar process for importing other platforms.
*This is a previous version of LaunchBox - your menus may look different.

Here is a playlist for LaunchBox Tutorials

I know how to import games on launchbox. Here in this case I would create a fake files txt only for import list games PC for scraping.... 

I hope it can help.

When I import Windows Games I generally use the shortcut files. And usually all windows games have one.

depends on where you have put them but if they were in your windows folder, you should "add files" and then in the search box type "*.lnk" to search all the games files with the right title also. Search act in subfolder too.

It is the same process that you use when you import a lot of cue/bin roms.

Sorry if it can help!

12 minutes ago, xevious1974 said:

Spero che possa aiutare.

Quando importo i giochi di Windows, in genere utilizzo i file di collegamento. E di solito tutti i giochi di Windows ne hanno uno.

dipende da dove li hai messi ma se fossero nella cartella di Windows, dovresti "aggiungere file" e quindi nella casella di ricerca digitare "*.lnk" per cercare anche tutti i file di giochi con il titolo giusto. Cerca anche l'atto nella sottocartella.

È lo stesso processo che usi quando importi molte cue/bin rom.

Scusa se può aiutare!

Thanks, but I haven't installed all games and I don't have ink files, for this I would create a txt files with names of games for import and scraping on LB. 

5 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

Thanks, but I haven't installed all games and I don't have ink files, for this I would create a txt files with names of games for import and scraping on LB. 

Vedo che hai tradotto in italiano, allora faccio prima a risponderti così ^_^ che il mio inglese fa acqua da tutte le parti!

Adesso che ho capito meglio cosa ti serve, ricordo che avevo letto ciò che cerchi  da qualche parte, forse addirittura un video tutorial in launchbox, in cui venivano appunto importati dei files txt al posto dei file di gioco...ricordarsi dove lo abbia visto però...

Alla fine ti serve un batch files che automatizzi tale operazione.

Sono una schiappa in queste cose ma scommetto che provi una di queste o unisci i comandi qualcosa ne trai...o forse una ricerca migliore della mia su google:

(ho cercato "batch command to create text file with folder name")

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20233707/how-to-create-a-batch-file-to-write-the-folder-name-in-a-text-file-inside-each-f

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33571767/batch-file-to-create-a-text-file-with-the-same-name-as-every-zip-file-in-a-dire

La prima parte 

for /d %%a in (*) do 

Mi pare che faccia al caso tuo perché analizza ogni nome di folder, la secondo dovrebbe essere quella di scrivere il file. Chissà che qualcuno di più esperto non ti aiuti. Potresti anche provare qualche tentativo in una directory test.

Torno al mio lavoro.

Aggiungo...direi che ti serva un singolo file di testo per ogni  titolo del gioco per poterlo importare correttamente.

E non un unico file contenente tutti i titoli, operazione di import che non ho mai fatto su LB e non so nemmeno se si possa eseguire.

Edited by xevious1974

52 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

You would need a text file for each game in that case, not just a list with all the games are in. What you are trying to do is so niche that i don't know of anyone that has done it, and how you would get a list of games that you have but are not even installed on your PC i do not know if that is actually possible at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

and how you would get a list of games that you have but are not even installed on your PC i do not know if that is actually possible at all.

effectively I have assumed he had the folder of each game, otherwise is quite impossible

Edited by xevious1974

38 minutes ago, marcosgaming said:

Thanks, 

yes I have all folders games on a big hard disk so i will try your code this night. 

But... How to do for use it? 

Must be .bat? 

Thanks 

Yes, create a text file, copy the code in and then save.

.txt must be renamed to .bat to be launched

Try it in a little folder if you want to test it.

.bat file was how i did mine 

i have all my pc games hosted in playnite so i used playnight to create all my links from games on my drive to game pass epic games origin google stadia uplay copied all those links into one folders 

and created over 800 .bat files pointing at those links that i scrape and all works great 

after that i created playlists for the different hosts steam origin uplay epic games and so on but inside computer\all games lists all the bat files so its nice 

i used this as a quick way to scrape all my pc games

what id love to find or make is a .bat that will make the group of batch files from the shortcuts folder 

but either way i found this the best way to get things like my game pass games into LB\BB quick n easy  and i can jump into my accounts without integrating them

glad you found this kinda solution that helps you move forward with the fun